SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: where is the fuse located

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Mercedes SL
where is the fuse located

I have a 2003 SL and the drivers seat still works but not with the 1,2 or 3 memory button. I even tried reprogramming the settings. Could it be a fuse and where would that be located.

Also when the memory button is depressed the rear view mirror moves into it's save memory spot.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:38 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,004 Likes on 872 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
This isn't a fuse issue since other functions of both the door controller (the seat buttons) and the seat controller (moving the seat) are working. It's either an issue with the memory buttons (maybe their wiring harness is not properly connected to the door controller?) or the seat controller is malfunctioning and not accepting the memory commend. Doe you get a beep when you set the memory position? If so, then the door controller and buttons are working, so it would be a seat controller issue.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:47 PM

2005 Mercedes SL
Originally Posted by Rudeney
This isn't a fuse issue since other functions of both the door controller (the seat buttons) and the seat controller (moving the seat) are working. It's either an issue with the memory buttons (maybe their wiring harness is not properly connected to the door controller?) or the seat controller is malfunctioning and not accepting the memory commend. Doe you get a beep when you set the memory position? If so, then the door controller and buttons are working, so it would be a seat controller issue.

I'm not proficient in the forum, hopefully I am responding to you correctly. I do not get a beep, but never have. I also forgot to mention the buttons on top of the seat the move it forward/back to allow easier access to the rear compartments also stopped working at this same time.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 994 Likes on 766 Posts
2003 CL 600
Sounds like a position sensor or other fault happened in the seat and normalization is lost, the seat can still move but doesn't know exactly where it is, so the memory and auto-fold are out. Did you happen to change a battery before this happened? I'd have it scanned and have the seat position re-learned.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:49 AM

2005 Mercedes SL
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1
Sounds like a position sensor or other fault happened in the seat and normalization is lost, the seat can still move but doesn't know exactly where it is, so the memory and auto-fold are out. Did you happen to change a battery before this happened? I'd have it scanned and have the seat position re-learned.
I haven't disconnected the battery. I did use the buttons on top of the passenger seat because I was putting a "large item" in the bed of the truck , but seriously I was putting something behind the seats and the passenger side worked fine. Went over to the driver side and the seat buttons didn't work on top of the seat. So I moved the seat forward with the door power button and when I hopped back into the car I learned the memory buttons didn't work either.

I'll take it to my guy :-). Thanks all!
Old 06-21-2018, 10:29 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,004 Likes on 872 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
I concur with Joe. You could try unplugging the power lead to the seat controller to see if it resets. If not, it may need to by hooked up to SDS to re-normalize it.