SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: CTEK CTX Battery Sense (Bluetooth Battery Monitor)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2019, 01:34 PM

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
2008 SL550 R230, 2004 E320 W211
CTEK CTX Battery Sense (Bluetooth Battery Monitor)

I have and use a couple of CTEK battery tenders, and really like them. I recently ran across this product, the CTEK CTX Battery Sense which monitors your battery and reports the status via a Bluetooth app. You can find it online for about US$60.

It can be found here on CTEK's website: https://www.ctek.com/products/vehicle/ctx-battery-sense

Is anyone using this? I like gadgets and this seemed interesting since I don't drive my R230 as much during the winter months (and it would be neat to get an alert to remind me to plug it in to a battery maintainer in case I forget. However, I'm not sure this battery monitor would be that useful? Because it operates via Bluetooth, I'm assuming you wouldn't get any alerts of a problem until you are within 10 or 15 feet from your car (or about to get in your car), and getting an alert about the status of your battery at that point seems kind of useless since you will know the status of the battery when you get in and turn the key? Am I missing something here? I guess if you were walking by or got close to your car and your phone happen to connect, then you might get an alert?

I just thought this was interesting and thought I would ask the consensus of the group and see if anyone had any experience.

Lee
Old 12-29-2019, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 227 Likes on 195 Posts
2005 R 230 SL350 (M112 3.7). Sold the 1966 W113 230SL recently
According to this

https://www.ctek.com/storage/ma/8584...-low-UK-EN.pdf

the gadget stores data for you. Common sense would probably suffice also, but I could see the logic in getting one, for the fun of it. If the cig. lighter is on power during cranking, a simple volt meter in there would be reasonably informative also, I think.