SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: BeckwithR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2020, 11:49 AM
Banned

Received 388 Likes on 307 Posts
'09 S600, (2) R129 300SLs, '03 SL500, '03 SL55
The software is downloadable from my OneDrive account. I took it down from the site last week to add a new feature. The revision is complete and is uploading at this very moment. I'll send you a PM with the link in a couple of hours once it completes.
Old 02-24-2020, 12:09 PM

Received 112 Likes on 55 Posts
'07 S65 '05 SL65 '07 GL450 '03 SL55 (sold)
Don't trust the Chinese cloned software!

Originally Posted by bobterry99
The software is downloadable from my OneDrive account. I took it down from the site last week to add a new feature. The revision is complete and is uploading at this very moment. I'll send you a PM with the link in a couple of hours once it completes.
Folks - Bobterry99 had the following quote as his signature a few days ago: "I did something that was stupid and careless. I formatted the hard drive that had all of the software I have developed. Through recovery tools I got back 2/3 of what I lost. I'll be spending my entire weekend restoring the install application. This is why the free Star Diagnosis is temporarily unavailable." I strongly urge folks who are interested in getting reliable Xentry diagnostic software to not get it from Bobterry99. Otherwise, you'll likely find yourself frustrated and spending a weekend (or more) trying to sort it all out. If you want to get in contact with someone who will not leave you stranded, please get in contact with Pmercury. PM me if you have any questions.

Cheers,
James
Old 02-24-2020, 12:18 PM

A better idea than that may be to pay someone on eBay to install the latest software remotely via Teamviewer for $100. I presume what you received wouldn't run under a virtual machine. Maybe it's best to try the free software, and if you are less than satisfied, choose another option
Bobterry99 - you're directing folks on our forum towards options that lead to your corrupted Chinese software. This is doing a terrific disservice to folks who are trying to find viable solutions to run diagnostics for their cars. Please stop directing folks to your copied and cloned cheap software. Even you admitted to having to reformat and reconfigure your cheap software.
Old 02-24-2020, 12:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JamesMitchell
Bobterry99 - you're directing folks on our forum towards options that lead to your corrupted Chinese software.
It is not Chinese software nor is it corrupted. You've already done quite a bit within the past week to misinform this forum. Eventually the truth will come out about that.

Even you admitted to having to reformat and reconfigure your cheap software.
I admitted to what is best described as an endless spiral of constantly adding upgrades to the installation program. This includes features to customize SDS for the C3 or leave it able to work with any multiplexer; language selection, automatic or manual configuration of the PC serial port, selection of whether or not to install the included Adobe Acrobat, and whether or not to automatically log on the "Star" user account which my program creates, and a "help" screen.

When I think of "disservice" I think of that thread you made which states CAN operating in single-wire mode was the cause of the flap stepper motor faults in your A/C controller. In fact, if your car's CAN is in single-wire mode it would have no discernible effect at all. You could completely remove the CAN from the vehicle and you still wouldn't get those fault you had!

Last edited by bobterry99; 02-24-2020 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-24-2020, 12:41 PM
Banned

Bobterry99 - you're directing folks on our forum towards options that lead to your corrupted Chinese software.
It is not Chinese software nor is it corrupted. The files came from a Mercedes Star Diagnosis installation DVD with no copyright, and I wrote the Windows program which automates the setup of Star Diagnosis on the user's PC.

Even you admitted to having to reformat and reconfigure your cheap software.
I admitted to what is best described as an endless spiral of constantly adding upgrades to the installation program. This includes adding "how to" videos, option to customize SDS for the C3 or leave it able to work with any multiplexer; language selection, automatic or manual configuration of the PC serial port, option of whether or not to install the included Adobe Acrobat, option to automatically log on the "Star" user account which my program creates, a "help" screen, and the ability to change the configuration anytime after installation without having to re-install Star Diagnosis.

Last edited by bobterry99; 02-24-2020 at 01:03 PM.
Old 02-24-2020, 01:05 PM

These posts have been reported to moderators. To those who are watching this thread, please be very careful with what you've read above. There are many forum members who have been burned with the "free and manipulated" software boasted above. The Aliexpress C3 system will work to an extent, but it cannot be upgraded. Any VM software uploaded to the C3 system will be troublesome at best. If you are already a diagnostics expert, perhaps you can weave through the myriad of problems that exist or will exist in the future. But the claims of being problem free by the above poster are completely erroneous. As the adage goes - you get what you pay for.
Old 02-24-2020, 01:15 PM

Bobterry99 - your signature below your name that states: "Creator of free Star Diagnosis / DAS software package for the R230 and other older Mercedes" is a lie. You didn't create the software! You copied the Mercedes Benz Xentry software, which is copyrighted, and then manipulated the copyrighted software within your computer. Your signature is false. You didn't program the software. You're a copier! Please stop misleading our forum members. You didn't create anything! And you're certainly not a genuine Star installer!
Old 02-24-2020, 01:20 PM
Banned

You didn't create the software!
Read closely what you wrote: I am the creator of the package.

You copied the Mercedes Benz Xentry software, which is copyrighted, and then manipulated the copyrighted software within your computer.
I have no idea how to "manipulate" copyrighted software. But the point is moot. This software has no copyright. Again: this software has no copyright. It is an old version of Star Diagnosis.

Last edited by bobterry99; 02-24-2020 at 01:24 PM.
Old 02-24-2020, 01:29 PM
Banned

There are many forum members who have been burned with the "free and manipulated" software boasted above.
Quit spreading lies. No one was burned. And how could they be? It's FREE, and it is legal. This is a good thing for the forum. Why are you on a jihad to stop it?

One member with whom I spoke on the phone had difficulties. But he plainly ignored the written instructions and interfered with the installer program. Subsequently, I have made the installer more robust and difficult to interfere with. Specifically and unlike practically every other Windows program in existence, a button does not appear in the task bar, and the installer window is in the background behind all other open windows.

Finally, I will provide the source code for the installer program for anyone who requests it.

Last edited by bobterry99; 02-24-2020 at 01:39 PM.
Old 02-24-2020, 01:42 PM

The fact that you "obtained" the software for free, doesn't mean that it wasn't bootlegged and downloaded by you. The software is created by Daimler Chrysler for Mercedes Benz. Each dealership has to pay a subscription for the software each year. However surreptitious means you obtained the software, you didn't create anything. You downloaded a bootlegged copy, manipulated the program and now are boasting to spread this bootlegged copy to forum members. I am simply warning forum members that others (as you admit above) have been burned by your manipulated and non-genuine Mercedes installer software. You can dispute all you want in this thread, but I'm sending an important announcement to forum members to beware of your corrupt software.
Old 02-24-2020, 01:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
SL550
Quit spreading lies. Why are you on a jihad to stop it?

I have downloaded your fake DAS. it looks like you have no Idea of what you are doing
also, it looks like you are on a Djiad since month's

https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...mechanics.html

When I saw this, I understood everything
Old 02-24-2020, 01:48 PM
Banned

I am simply warning forum members that others (as you admit above) have been burned by your manipulated...
You aren't paying attention. Nobody was "burned". I explained to the member who had difficulty that he was welcome to run "setup.exe" manually thus bypassing the installer program.

Of course the software was intended to be used by Mercedes dealers. That is why there is no copyright and no end-user agreement. In subsequent years Mercedes became conscious that copies of their software were being sold in the marketplace and place a copyright. My 2014 version of XENTRY is copyrighted. My EPC is copyrighted. But this late 2008 version of DAS has no copyright. Incidentally, the splash screen says "XENTRY", but there are no XENTRY components. I am updating my signature to clarify this.

You've smeared Chinese-sourced software with misinformation. Again, why are you on a jihad to smear this too? It's a good product from a trusted member who has been on this forum for 14 years (but may not be for another). State your opinion in one post, and move on. Let members choose for themselves who they trust.

Last edited by bobterry99; 02-24-2020 at 01:53 PM.
Old 02-24-2020, 01:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TravisG
https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...mechanics.html
When I saw this, I understood everything
I encourage everyone reading this post to follow that link Travis posted. It illustrates how James Mitchell is assisting pmercury in promoting his product and trying to monopolize the market by spreading lies against competitors. They apparently regard me as a competitor, though we are offering different products.

I've told pmercury thaty I would support him if he would simply acknowledge that product from China isn't horrible like he states but instead is "quite excellent". He hasn't taken me up on that offer.

Last edited by bobterry99; 02-24-2020 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-24-2020, 02:00 PM

SL550
It's a good product from a trusted member who has been on this forum for 14 years (but may not be for another). .
so if you got it from someone, what does "Creator of free Star Diagnosis / DAS software package for the R230 and other older Mercedes" means ?
who is the liar ?
Old 02-24-2020, 02:02 PM

SL550
I encourage everyone reading this post to follow that link Travis posted. It illustrates how James Mitchell is assisting pmercury in promoting his product and trying to monopolize the market by spreading lies against competitors. They apparently regard me as a competitor, though we are offering different products.

I've told pmercury thaty I would support him if he would simply acknowledge that product from China isn't horrible like he states but instead is "quite excellent". He hasn't taken me up on that offer.
I encourage everyone to read the bottom line:

For a longer period of time I have had to deal with a Psychopath, and I thought I would share my experience with you, and how to spot one.
Psychopatisch behavior can take many form's but there are some tell, tell signs that are general for all types.

1. They have a grandiose sense of self-worth.
2. They have an excess need for stimulation or proneness to boredom, and can't endure periods of the doldrums.
3. They are pathological liars, and don't care about the truth.
4. They are conning and manipulative, and often believe they can pull the strings of the dupes around them.
5. They have a parasitic lifestyle, and prefer not to work for a living. They feel it is easier just to deceive people and take their money.
6. They have poor behavioral control, and find it difficult to keep themselves in check.
7. They fail to accept responsibility for their actions, and it is always someone else's fault.

So, now you have an idea, how to spot a Psychopath, through his general behavior, and if it sounds familiar, you have one just in front of you.
Old 02-24-2020, 02:06 PM
Banned

I presume I am addressing pmercury, as TravisG just joined last month, and pmercury has no fewer than 8 user accounts here on MBWorld.

Originally Posted by TravisG
so if you got it from someone, what does "Creator of free Star Diagnosis / DAS software package for the R230 and other older Mercedes" means ?
It means precisely what it says: I created a package which includes legally distributed software and a Windows program to install that software.

I presume you are offering the very latest Mercedes software which covers their current product line. You and I are not competitors. My software is for older vehicles. And my free product could result in more sales for you.

Consider someone who is unsure about spending $800 on a system put together by you, particularly given that a $130 Foxwell does everything an owner needs to maintain an R230. Think of my software as a free evaluation version.

I've never lied about your software. In fact, I have praised it.

Last edited by bobterry99; 02-24-2020 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-24-2020, 02:16 PM

SL550
I presume I am addressing pmercury, as TravisG just joined last month, and pmercury has no fewer than 8 user accounts here on MBWorld.

add paranoia to the bottom line
Old 02-24-2020, 04:55 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 465 Likes on 348 Posts
This thread has run it's course. Closed.

Bob