SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: What did you do today on the R230...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 10:37 AM

Received 93 Likes on 73 Posts
SL 600
Originally Posted by earl3
Thanks! Both sides are ducted ram air from the low part of the bumper, I’ll try to get a few pics. Measured a touch cooler than the front grille area in front of the rad and condenser and no metal cutting. The only drawback so far is smaller filters than I’d like.

And yep on the meth! Running the alkycontrol meth kit with a Stewart E2512A pump and a Marston HE. IATs are no longer a problem!

Very nice, i want something like that for my 600, do you hear the turbos spooling more now?
Old 10-16-2020, 12:10 PM

Received 796 Likes on 617 Posts
CL
Originally Posted by earl3
Thanks! Both sides are ducted ram air from the low part of the bumper, I’ll try to get a few pics. Measured a touch cooler than the front grille area in front of the rad and condenser and no metal cutting. The only drawback so far is smaller filters than I’d like.

And yep on the meth! Running the alkycontrol meth kit with a Stewart E2512A pump and a Marston HE. IATs are no longer a problem!
nice !
really feels like a different engine like that !
Old 10-21-2020, 03:59 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 SL55
Damn Brabus front left has bent inner. Causing just a bit of steering wheel shimmy. Road force balance didn't help. Thats how we discovered inner barrel is bent.

So had my oem 5 spokes in bronze, perfect condition, but couldn't live with the color. Dropped off at powdercoater on Monday afternoon for color change, 400 bucks later I picked them up Tuesday evening. One day turn around, and that includes dismount/remount and balance by powdercoater!

Color is satin grey titanium. Color actually kinda matches interior colors.

Splurged for some 'real' AMG center caps. PM's idea lol. Found on ebay, noticed seller was close. Asked him to put on offer up at 160 and I would buy them. Done deal.

Oem wheels have new lionharts, not the best compared to my Bridgestone PP. Once I fix my Brabus barrels, probably put those back on. I don't know.