SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Have to share this with you...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2001, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01, Blk/Blk S500
Have to share this with you...

I own a BMW, yes I admit it. A silver 330i. (I also own a S500 Blk/blk)...Ok, here goes my story..

Mercedes owners receive the Momentum magazine...well in there you find letters about, "How beautiful my Mercedes is", "Here is my Grandson with his 300sl...he will grow up to buy one.." so on and so forth.

Well, today I received the BMW Magazine, lol. There is an article about the new 7 series...nothing descriptive AND no photos of the ugly RUMP. There are two photos of the front and a few of the interior. Guess who is trying to hide that Butt Ugly (pun intended) design.

This is the best part, the letters were from Moronic drivers who crashed their BMW's and are thanking the company for saving their lives. Excerpt "I was on my way home at about 10:30 a.m., rounding a corner on a two lane road when I looked down to grab my bottled water from the cupholder. When I looked back up i was in the oncoming traffic lane."....

and some dumb *** compared a merc S class and thought that the 5 Series Bimer was better...

Well Thats all.

2001 S500
2001 330i (Please forgive me, Lord!)
2003 SL500 (waiting for it )
Old 12-04-2001, 07:56 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You know i saw the 7 series photos and it reminded me of our old buick regal station wagon(from the looks of the dash board brown wood and then beige??) lol!! looks funky!
Old 12-04-2001, 09:48 PM

01, Blk/Blk S500
And the rear of the 7 series looks something akin to the Chrysler Cirrus.
Old 12-06-2001, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLB 250 4matic
i own a bmw too (sorry, its the wife's ) but i've yet to receive the magazine. how long was it before you got it? same w/ the mercedes... Momentum? on the other hand, bmw is sending me the DVD of the short films that they had. some of those movies were sweet.

oh, btw, imho, the 7 series looks kind of 'interesting' but its really the technology of the car that makes it truly stand out. some amazing stuff inside.
Old 12-07-2001, 07:11 AM
Almost a Member!

7 series...

I think you should keep in mind that all of this "great" technology has already been pioneered by mercedes. For example BMW's new active anti-roll-bar system, is the same as Mercedes ABC that was introduced over a year ago. Secondly BMW's EDC, adjustable dampening shock system, is similiar to mercedes ADS, and also Airmatic suspension. However I do commend the creation of a 6-speed auto transmission. I hear Mercedes-Benz was working on one to later be released after the SL but we will see. and remember to go to my picture gallery for dozens of new SL pictures at http://whylifesucks.tripod.com/newsl.html
Old 12-07-2001, 12:12 PM

01, Blk/Blk S500
Hi young,

This is the first time I received the BMW magazine...I have had the car since Feb-March. Momentum, I have been receiving that for a while now (a few years). I think all Mercedes owners get that. You should call 1 800 Merc.

They even gave a nice print with my Previous S class, nothing with the new S500. I also get the Bently Magazine, I dont know why!

The 7 Series, I have read that the "I Drive" that is what that Knob is called is really distracting. Even for simple changes you have to take your eyes off the road and shift that little know around. Plus to put up the shifter on teh colum is something I dislike.

Nick
Old 12-07-2001, 01:18 PM

01, Blk/Blk S500
Hi Young,

I have had the BMW since Feb and this is the first month I received the Magazine. The Momentum from mercedes I have been receiving for a while ( A few Years).

With my previous cars I received a nice Print but with the new S500 I have not received anything. By the way I receive the Bently magazine but I dont own one!

You should call 1 800 MERC if you have not received the Momentum.

Nick.

Oh, i have heard about the DVD set from BMW, they were handing them out in Manhattan a while ago.
Old 12-07-2001, 01:20 PM

01, Blk/Blk S500
Sorry about the double post's. I thought I lost the first one. :-(