SL-Class (R231) 2013 on: Discussion on the SL550

SL/R231: Step by Step CarPlay install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2024, 04:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 SL63
Good install - one question about voice activation from steering wheel

Thanks again for everyone's input. Installed yesterday by a local professional. They said it wouldn't fit on top of the head unit but did find space is one of the other two suggested spots down and behind. To access, I'm told there are 2 torx screws to remove under glove box and then the side panel on the right side of console needs to be removed and the unit will slide out for reset etc. Fingers crossed that it won't be necessary.

So I can access Siri with a long press on the Command wheel. The steering wheel button works as well but also calls up the MB Command voice system and interferes with the now preferred Siri function. Can someone help me disable the Command Voice from the steering wheel button?
Old Today, 06:57 AM

Received 204 Likes on 131 Posts
SL 400
Glad you were able to have the unit installed, however you could easily have installed the unit on your own. The command voice from steering wheel is a MB thing and nothing to do with the RoadTop unit. I do not believe you can disable that on your own without a software update from an outside vender such as @BenzNinja . I prefer to use my voice “hey Siri” rather than physically use buttons, but to each his own.

Originally Posted by 13sl63
Thanks again for everyone's input. Installed yesterday by a local professional. They said it wouldn't fit on top of the head unit but did find space is one of the other two suggested spots down and behind. To access, I'm told there are 2 torx screws to remove under glove box and then the side panel on the right side of console needs to be removed and the unit will slide out for reset etc. Fingers crossed that it won't be necessary.

So I can access Siri with a long press on the Command wheel. The steering wheel button works as well but also calls up the MB Command voice system and interferes with the now preferred Siri function. Can someone help me disable the Command Voice from the steering wheel button?

Last edited by ThatsMyDawg; Today at 06:58 AM.
The following users liked this post:
BenzNinja (Today)