SL-Class (R232) Discussion on the 2022 R232

SL/R232: SL55 2023 Hyper blue review and photos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2023, 03:45 PM

Received 78 Likes on 32 Posts
Tesla Model S 2022, AMG SL55 2023
SL55 2023 Hyper blue review and photos

I recently added my gorgeous SL55 to my garage next to my Tesla model S 2021. I test drove and compared a Porsche 911S to the SL55 before making my decision.

In the past, I have owned a BMW 6 series convertible, BMW 650 Grand Coupe, Mercedes CLS55 AMG but for the last 7 years I have driven a Tesla S (2016, 2018, 2021). So this review is from the perspective of a long term EV owner and one who chose the SL over a 911.

FIT AND FINISH: Interior fit and finish is spectacular, stitched leather and gorgeous aluminum almost everywhere. To me, a much richer feeling than the 911. My only fit and finish complaint is the orange peel of the paint, not horrible but certainly not as good as a 911 and at this price, should be better. I am so happy I ordered the manufactur white/black leather with diamond stitching and alcantara headliner, both worth every penny and make the car feel so much more “special”

HANDLING AND RIDE QUALITY: I list these together since that seems to be the goal of this car—GT when you want it and sports car when you want it. Despite what some reviewers have indicated, I think they really nailed it on this goal. When driven hard, the car is flat and is a blast around corners, though not as surgical as a 911. I went with the less expensive red caliper touring suspension and am very happy I did. I found the ride quality much better than the 911--when I drove one after the other, the 911 felt rough/brittle over normal Florida roads but the SL55 felt quite comfortable. Now that I have put miles on the SL, I am thrilled with the smooth and comfortable ride quality, very GT like. However, when you travel over potholes or speed bumps you can really feel it, it keeps its composure and does not transmit into the steering wheel but you certainly can feel it and hear it much more than my Tesla.

STEREO SOUND QUALITY: Outstanding. Once you go through the custom set up, it sounds fantastic and has great bass. I stuck with the standard Burmester stereo and it sounds better than the stereo in my Tesla model S and is on par with the $7,000 burmester in my friend’s Porsche Panamera. I am sure the upgraded SL stereo is even better but I don’t think anyone would be disappointed with the standard SL stereo.

STEREO CONTROLS: Poor, especially when compared to the Tesla. Volume slider on steering wheel and on the LCD screen is hard to use and there is no dial for volume and amazingly there is no “next track button” on the steering wheel (even my Tesla has that). I was pleased that it has Apple Music and Spotify streaming built in but the interface, speed and usability are years behind the Tesla. I hope they improve this with future software updates.

ENTRY EXIT: Disappointing. Unless I am missing something, you have to physically lock the door with the key when you leave the car. It will not automatically lock when you walk away from the car. Also you can’t use your phone as a key. I am so used to walking up to my Tesla with the phone in my pocket and opening the door to drive and then just walk away after driving without ever having to unlock or lock the car. This car seems 10 years behind in that respect. On a positive note, if you forget to lock your SL, the phone app will notify you that you forgot to lock the car and will allow you to lock the car from your phone. And it will also remind you if you keep the phone in the car.

NAV AND HEY MERCEDES: The Nav works quite well and I love how I can see the map info on the center LCD, dash screen and heads up display. Map graphics are good for a “normal car” but does not light a candle compared to incredible map display on the Tesla. I opted for the navigation AR option and find this feature useful and super cool. My only navigation complaint is that the integrated map is outdated and I keep getting a “map corrupted, unable to update” error when I try to manually update the map. Apple car play also works well and I like that the SL will show car play directions on the dash screen as well as the center LCD screen. Hey Mercedes works well and having integrated Chat GPT (in beta) is fun and also adds something “next next” that my Tesla does not have.

CAMERA: 360 parking camera view is excellent and much better than the Tesla. Dash cam is only front camera (no side and rear like the Tesla) but is super high quality and works great. Should have been free for a car this price rather than the nickel and dime $200 charge but I think Mercedes is excited to play with software upgrade income model.

SELF DRIVING: For a “normal car” it is very good but not even on the same planet as the autopilot/FSD on my Tesla. That being said, I am really glad I paid for the drivers assistance package.

SEATS/COMFORT: Seats are fantastic. Comfortable and supportive. I had a sore back driving to the golf course this morning and 15 minutes of seat massage really helped. My wife is a tough critic and she is finds a drive in the SL a luxurious and comfortable experience. I don’t think she would have felt the same if I would have bought the 911.

CONVERTIBLE TOP: Giant improvement compared to my old BMW 650i convertible. When the top is up, the car feels like a hard top coupe. I do not hear wind or road noise. When the top is down and windows are up, I feel no buffeting and wind is minimal. I have not even felt the need to put up the wind deflector—good thing since it is kinda crappy in design. Make sure you learn the trick of pressing the convertible button once and then again and holding down, rather than using the touch screen (amazing reviewers besides Doug Deumuro can’t seem to read a manual)

LOVE: Which of my cars do I love more, the Tesla Model S or the SL 55? Like my children, they are very different but I love them both the same: )

I am happy to answer any questions about spec choices or decision process. Enjoy the photos below.

Last edited by xtdoc777; 07-02-2023 at 05:37 PM.
The following 7 users liked this post by xtdoc777:
AzurSL (07-02-2023), Bahnstormer (07-03-2023), BusinessService (03-13-2024), California John (07-03-2023), hyperion667 (07-12-2023), js_cls (07-02-2023), van_rider (07-02-2023) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-02-2023, 03:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,274 Likes on 1,941 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823
Originally Posted by xtdoc777
I recently added my gorgeous SL55 to my garage next to my Tesla model S 2021. I test drove and compared a Porsche 911S to the SL55 before making my decision.

In the past, I have owned a BMW 6 series convertible, BMW 650 Grand Coupe, Mercedes CLS55 AMG but for the last 7 years I have driven a Tesla S (2016, 2018, 2021). So this review is from the perspective of a long term EV owner and one who chose the SL over a 911.

FIT AND FINISH: Interior fit and finish is specular, stitched leather and gorgeous aluminum almost everywhere. To me, a much richer feeling than the 911. My only fit and finish complaint is the orange peel of the paint, not horrible but certainly not as good as a 911 and at this price, should be better. I am so happy I ordered the manufactur white/black leather with diamond stitching and alcantara headliner, both worth every penny and make the car feel so much more “special”

HANDLING AND RIDE QUALITY: I list these together since that seems to be the goal of this car—GT when you want it and sports car when you want it. Despite what some reviewers have indicated, I think they really nailed it on this goal. When driving hard, the car is flat and is a blast around corners, though not as surgical as a 911. I went with the less expensive red caliper touring suspension and am very happy I did. I also found the ride quality much better than the 911. When I drove one after the other, I found the 911 somewhat rough/brittle over normal Florida roads but the SL55 quite comfortable. Now that I have put miles on the SL, I am thrilled with the smooth and comfortable ride quality, very GT like. However, when you travel over potholes or speed bumps you can really feel it, it keeps its composure and does not transmit into the steering wheel but you certainly can feel it and hear it much more than my Tesla.

STEREO SOUND QUALITY: Outstanding. Once you go through the custom set up, it sounds fantastic and has great bass. I stuck with the standard Burmester stereo and it sounds better than the stereo in my Tesla model S and is on par with the $7,000 burmester in my friend’s Porsche Panamera. I am sure the upgraded SL stereo is even better but I don’t think anyone would be disappointed with the standard SL stereo.

STEREO CONTROLS: Poor, especially when compared to the Tesla. Volume slider on steering wheel and on the LCD screen is hard to use and there is no dial for volume and amazingly there is no “next track button” on the steering wheel (even my Tesla has that). I was pleased that it has Apple Music and Spotify streaming built in but the interface, speed and usability is years behind the Tesla. I hope they improve this with future software updates.

ENTRY EXIT: Disappointing. Unless I am missing something, you have to physically lock the door with the key when you leave the car. It will not automatically lock when you walk away from the car. Also you can’t use your phone as a key. I am so used to walking up to my Tesla with the phone in my pocket and opening the door to drive and then just walk away after driving without ever having to unlock or lock the car. This car seems 10 years behind in that respect. On a positive note, if you forget to lock your SL, the phone app will notify you that you forgot to lock the car and will allow you to lock the car from your phone. And it will also remind you if you keep the phone in the car.

NAV AND HEY MERCEDES: The Nav works quite well and I love how I can see the map info on the center LCD, dash screen and heads up display. Map graphics are good for a “normal car” does not light a candle compared to incredible map display on the Tesla. I opted for the AR option and find this feature useful and super cool. My only complaint is that the integrated map is outdated and I keep getting a “map corrupted, unable to update” error when I try to manually update the map. Apple car play also works well and I like that the SL will show car play directions on the dash screen as well as the center LCD screen. Hey Mercedes works well and having integrated Chat GPT (in beta) is fun and also adds something “next next” that my Tesla does not have.

CAMERA: 360 parking camera is excellent and much better than the Tesla. Dash cam is only front camera (no side and rear like the Tesla) but is super high quality and works great. Should have been free for a car this price rather than the nickel and dime $200 charge but I think Mercedes is excited to play with software upgrade income model.

SELF DRIVING: For a “normal car” it is very good but not even on the same planet as the autopilot/FSD on my Tesla. That being said, I am really glad I paid for the drivers assistance package.

SEATS/COMFORT: Seats are fantastic. Comfortable and supportive. I had a sore back driving to the golf course this morning and 15 minutes of seat massage really helped. My wife is a tough critic and she is finds a drive in the SL a luxurious and comfortable experience. I don’t think she would have felt the same if I would have bought the 911.

CONVERTIBLE TOP: Giant improvement compared to my old BMW 650i convertible. When the top is up, the car feels like a hard top coupe. I do not hear wind or road noise. When the top is down and windows are up, I feel no buffeting and wind is minimal. I have not even felt the need to put up the wind deflector—good thing since it is kinda crappy in design. Make sure you learn the trick of pressing the convertible button once and then again and holding down, rather than using the touch screen (amazing reviewers besides Doug Deumuro can’t seem to read a manual)

LOVE: Which of my cars do I love more, the Tesla Model S or the SL 55? Like my children, they are very different but I love them both the same: )

I am happy to answer any questions about spec choices or decision process. Enjoy the photos below.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...0bdfec0a0.jpeg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...8e7048302.jpeg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...bebccfb90.jpeg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...d181d014a.jpeg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...915fa8df6.jpeg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...5f8651a1f.jpeg
Thanks for the review, the car is also in a very great spec! Enjoy and congrats!
The following users liked this post:
xtdoc777 (07-02-2023)
Old 07-02-2023, 04:46 PM

Received 159 Likes on 118 Posts
1986 Light Ivory R107 560SL, 2020 Lunar Blue W205 C300 AMG-line
Loved the review. Beautiful spec as always, and glad to hear you love the car! I agree that the lack of skip track button is annoying on any new MB steering wheel. It seems like such a common button on any car that it’s omission is honestly rather weird. Although I have to say the rest of the MB steering controls are by far my favorite to use imo. I love how the left is dedicated to the gauge cluster and the right side for the main infotainment screen. We have a tesla in our household and I personally find their UI to be infuriating, but to each their own. I also hate the phone key as it is constantly resetting itself or just not connecting quick enough (or sometimes at all) to unlock the car. I agree though, they should allow owners to use their phone as a key if they want to, like BMW is now doing.
xtdoc777 (07-02-2023)
Old 07-02-2023, 04:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823
Originally Posted by AzurSL
Loved the review. Beautiful spec as always, and glad to hear you love the car! I agree that the lack of skip track button is annoying on any new MB steering wheel. It seems like such a common button on any car that it’s omission is honestly rather weird. Although I have to say the rest of the MB steering controls are by far my favorite to use imo. I love how the left is dedicated to the gauge cluster and the right side for the main infotainment screen. We have a tesla in our household and I personally find their UI to be infuriating, but to each their own. I also hate the phone key as it is constantly resetting itself or just not connecting quick enough (or sometimes at all) to unlock the car. I agree though, they should allow owners to use their phone as a key if they want to, like BMW is now doing.
Thankfully digital key is coming at least starting with the W214, better late than never.
xtdoc777 (07-02-2023)
Old 07-02-2023, 04:56 PM

"The lack of skip track button is annoying on any new MB steering wheel. It seems like such a common button on any car that it’s omission is honestly rather weird. Although I have to say the rest of the MB steering controls are by far my favorite to use imo. I love how the left is dedicated to the gauge cluster and the right side for the main infotainment screen." AzurSL

I agree that besides the crappy volume slider and lack of next track button, the steering wheel controls on the SL are otherwise excellent.

Last edited by xtdoc777; 07-02-2023 at 05:19 PM.
AzurSL (07-03-2023)
Old 07-02-2023, 05:08 PM

Received 118 Likes on 60 Posts
2022 SL55 AMG Roadster; 2024 Land Rover P400 Defender 110; 2021 Porsche Macan S; 2023 Audi Q5
Beautiful car, nice write up. Thanks.
Old 07-02-2023, 05:18 PM
wem

Received 182 Likes on 102 Posts
'22 AMG SL55;'23 Porsche Cayenne S Coupe;'13 Porsche Boxster S
I agree that besides the crappy volume slider and lack of next track button, the steering wheel controls on the SL are otherwise excellent.
When I listen to Apple Music, I slide my thumb across the OK button on the left side of the steering wheel to go forward or back on the tracks. The volume slider on the right side of the steering wheel works okay for me.
California John (07-03-2023)
Old 07-02-2023, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by wem
When I listen to Apple Music, I slide my thumb across the OK button on the left side of the steering wheel to go forward or back on the tracks. The volume slider on the right side of the steering wheel works okay for me.
Nice tip. I will try that!
Old 07-02-2023, 08:26 PM

2022 SL55 AMG Roadster; 2024 Land Rover P400 Defender 110; 2021 Porsche Macan S; 2023 Audi Q5
Nice tip. I will try that!
It works with all audio sources I’ve tried: Apple Car Play, Spotify, and a my music library on a flash drive plugged into one of the USB ports. However, I think it only works if I have the music source showing in the display between the gauges in Classic mode.

Last edited by drgek; 07-02-2023 at 08:32 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by drgek:
AzurSL (07-03-2023), wem (07-02-2023), xtdoc777 (07-02-2023)
Old 07-02-2023, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,579 Likes on 977 Posts
Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Gorgeous car and thanks for the review!
Old 07-03-2023, 02:44 AM

Received 159 Likes on 118 Posts
1986 Light Ivory R107 560SL, 2020 Lunar Blue W205 C300 AMG-line
Originally Posted by drgek
It works with all audio sources I’ve tried: Apple Car Play, Spotify, and a my music library on a flash drive plugged into one of the USB ports. However, I think it only works if I have the music source showing in the display between the gauges in Classic mode.
Yep exactly, it’s rather annoying if you don’t want to be in the music source in the gauges. But that has been my work around and is as close as I’ll ever get to a skip track button.
Old 07-03-2023, 08:27 AM

Yep exactly, it’s rather annoying if you don’t want to be in the music source in the gauges. But that has been my work around and is as close as I’ll ever get to a skip track button.
Not only that, I find swiping the "OK" switch very fussy and as often as not it reads it as a vertical swipe and changes the display to map or other.
California John (07-03-2023)
Old 07-03-2023, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 466 Likes on 344 Posts
2014 Mercedes E350 4matic Wagon, 2018 Fiat 124 Spyder Lusso manual, 2005 Acura TSX manual
As already mentioned, you are obviouosly used to Tesla UI, as you have been using it for 7 or so years... I find MBs UI much better then Tesla because I'm more used to it. Still, the sliding volume controls and haptic stuff is pretty annoying on any new car.

As for the key, the car does not have walk away auto lock but you don't have to physically take the key out of your pocket. There is a small rectangle imprint on the door handle towards the right side on the drivers side, left side on the passanger side, and after closing the door, just tap that rectabgle and the doors lock. Easy as that. Doing the same in the middle of the door handle pops the handles out and unlocks the doors.
Old 07-03-2023, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by BenjaminKohl
As already mentioned, you are obviouosly used to Tesla UI, as you have been using it for 7 or so years... I find MBs UI much better then Tesla because I'm more used to it. Still, the sliding volume controls and haptic stuff is pretty annoying on any new car.

As for the key, the car does not have walk away auto lock but you don't have to physically take the key out of your pocket. There is a small rectangle imprint on the door handle towards the right side on the drivers side, left side on the passanger side, and after closing the door, just tap that rectabgle and the doors lock. Easy as that. Doing the same in the middle of the door handle pops the handles out and unlocks the doors.
Good point and thanks for the locking tips. And to be clear, I do love the SL and have a huge smile every time I drive it.
Old 07-03-2023, 07:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823
Originally Posted by BenjaminKohl

not sure if it is a different for the SL but on other MBs, just tapping the outside of the handle can lock the car, doesn't have to be the rectangle.
Old 07-06-2023, 08:25 PM

I found another way. If you have the music source open on the main tilt screen, you can move forward using the "OK" button on the right side of the steering wheel. However, you have to highlight the current track first.
AzurSL (07-08-2023)
Old 07-13-2023, 09:01 PM

Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts
GLC EQB GLS C300 convertible
it got the AMG hood emblem? I thought it starts with the 2024 model year...
Old 07-13-2023, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by ILoveNY
it got the AMG hood emblem? I thought it starts with the 2024 model year...
Yes, I was surprised by that as well.
Old 03-13-2024, 09:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 E550 Convertible
Post 2024 SL55 Touring Model Build-Out

FIT AND FINISH: Interior fit and finish is spectacular, stitched leather and gorgeous aluminum almost everywhere. To me, a much richer feeling than the 911. My only fit and finish complaint is the orange peel of the paint, not horrible but certainly not as good as a 911 and at this price, should be better. I am so happy I ordered the manufactur white/black leather with diamond stitching and alcantara headliner, both worth every penny and make the car feel so much more “special”

HANDLING AND RIDE QUALITY: I list these together since that seems to be the goal of this car—GT when you want it and sports car when you want it. Despite what some reviewers have indicated, I think they really nailed it on this goal. When driven hard, the car is flat and is a blast around corners, though not as surgical as a 911. I went with the less expensive red caliper touring suspension and am very happy I did. I found the ride quality much better than the 911--when I drove one after the other, the 911 felt rough/brittle over normal Florida roads but the SL55 felt quite comfortable. Now that I have put miles on the SL, I am thrilled with the smooth and comfortable ride quality, very GT like. However, when you travel over potholes or speed bumps you can really feel it, it keeps its composure and does not transmit into the steering wheel but you certainly can feel it and hear it much more than my Tesla.

STEREO CONTROLS: Poor, especially when compared to the Tesla. Volume slider on steering wheel and on the LCD screen is hard to use and there is no dial for volume and amazingly there is no “next track button” on the steering wheel (even my Tesla has that). I was pleased that it has Apple Music and Spotify streaming built in but the interface, speed and usability are years behind the Tesla. I hope they improve this with future software updates.

NAV AND HEY MERCEDES: The Nav works quite well and I love how I can see the map info on the center LCD, dash screen and heads up display. Map graphics are good for a “normal car” but does not light a candle compared to incredible map display on the Tesla. I opted for the navigation AR option and find this feature useful and super cool. My only navigation complaint is that the integrated map is outdated and I keep getting a “map corrupted, unable to update” error when I try to manually update the map. Apple car play also works well and I like that the SL will show car play directions on the dash screen as well as the center LCD screen. Hey Mercedes works well and having integrated Chat GPT (in beta) is fun and also adds something “next next” that my Tesla does not have.

CAMERA: 360 parking camera view is excellent and much better than the Tesla. Dash cam is only front camera (no side and rear like the Tesla) but is super high quality and works great. Should have been free for a car this price rather than the nickel and dime $200 charge but I think Mercedes is excited to play with software upgrade income model.

I think you are the only member that bought a new Build-Out SL55 Touring Model. I am ordering a Build-Out 2024 SL55 Touring Model. I got the MSRP pricing today & am shopping the dealers now to get the best discount off of MSRP. My local dealer offered $1,000.00 off which seems way to low an offer. The Base is 2024 SL55R4 is $144,500, plus Driver Assistance Package $1,950, plus AMG Aluminum Trim $750, 21" AMG Multi-Spoke Y-Design in Silver $1,100, AMG Silver Chrome Exterior Accents $1,050, Cargo Organizer System $485, Guard 360 vehicle protection system $50, Gas Guzzler Tax $1,300, & First-Aid Kit $35. TOTAL MSRP at $151,220.

Does not include the Destaination & Delivery Charge at $1,150.

See attached Build-Out Sheet.

Does the Dash Cam come with the Guard 360 vehicle protection system?

Does the AMG Hood Badge/Emblem (as seen on your car) or the Mercedes Star on Blue come on the 2024 model?

Are there any options I missed that you suggest I add?

Old 03-14-2024, 10:28 AM

Received 84 Likes on 67 Posts
SL63
I really like that shade of blue.
I don’t know what MB calls it, I would call it iridescent cobalt.
Hyper Blue, is that right?

Last edited by MB2timer; 03-14-2024 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Q
Old 03-14-2024, 10:37 AM

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
2023 AMG SL43
My understanding is that 2023 and later models all come with the AMG Hood Badge standard. I recently picked up a 2023 SL43 and it came with one. So yours should come with one automatically. I think the dash cam comes standard, but not 100% sure. I think it just needs to be activated. I'm also a fan of the augmented video for navigation, it works pretty well and has saved me a few times from making a wrong turn. Looks like a great spec!
The following 2 users liked this post by philenan78:
BusinessService (03-15-2024), xtdoc777 (03-16-2024)
Old 03-14-2024, 08:17 PM

Thanks. Yes, hyperblue.
Old 03-14-2024, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by BusinessService
I think you are the only member that bought a new Build-Out SL55 Touring Model. I am ordering a Build-Out 2024 SL55 Touring Model. I got the MSRP pricing today & am shopping the dealers now to get the best discount off of MSRP. My local dealer offered $1,000.00 off which seems way to low an offer. The Base is 2024 SL55R4 is $144,500, plus Driver Assistance Package $1,950, plus AMG Aluminum Trim $750, 21" AMG Multi-Spoke Y-Design in Silver $1,100, AMG Silver Chrome Exterior Accents $1,050, Cargo Organizer System $485, Guard 360 vehicle protection system $50, Gas Guzzler Tax $1,300, & First-Aid Kit $35. TOTAL MSRP at $151,220.

Does not include the Destaination & Delivery Charge at $1,150.

See attached Build-Out Sheet.

Does the Dash Cam come with the Guard 360 vehicle protection system?

Does the AMG Hood Badge/Emblem (as seen on your car) or the Mercedes Star on Blue come on the 2024 model?

Are there any options I missed that you suggest I add?
At least for 2023, the dashcam hardware was standard but had to be activated online after purchase for a one time charge of $200

I am 100% happy with the touring suspension. I find it to have a great ride (especially in comfort mode) and great handling (especially in Sport plus mode)

Your spec looks great. I will make 2 suggestions to add:

(1) Heads up display…really fantastic

(2) Upgraded diamond stitched Manufaktor style leather seats. Makes the car look 10x more premium

Happy to answer any other questions.

Please post pics once you get the SL!

Last edited by xtdoc777; 03-14-2024 at 10:42 PM.
Old 03-14-2024, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by MB2timer
I really like that shade of blue.
I don’t know what MB calls it, I would call it iridescent cobalt.
Hyper Blue, is that right?
Thanks. Yes, Hyper Blue.

Depending on lighting, it can look light blue, cobalt or turquoise. Certainly not a subtle color
Old 03-15-2024, 08:56 AM

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
2019 S560 Coupe
(2) Upgraded diamond stitched Manufaktor style leather seats. Makes the car look 10x more premium
I could not agree with you more. I’m just beginning my research and looking into buying one, and my last Mercedes purchase was an S class Coupe with the designo interior. I love the diamond pattern in that car, and also really love the AMG logo headrests on the SL too.

My only problem is I want a black interior (with exterior of black or Hyper Blue), and for some reason they don’t make it in black. I’m still trying to decide if I want to go for the upgraded leather in another color (though in a black car I really only want black) or just get the standard black interior. Or maybe opt for Magno white with tartufo brown interior. I love beige and white leather interiors but don’t want to worry about something that light.

Provided that is that I can choose an exterior color! I love the Hyper Blue and Patagonia Red so much in some photos and videos, others not as much. Black seems safe…even if hard to clean.

That Hyper Blue sure is eye-candy though…

And you are right about the head up display. Three of my last four cars have had it and I would never buy another car without it. I just can’t seem to find a 55 or 43 with it and the black microfiber roof lining. And can’t afford the 63 unless I get a CPO one so once I ever decide on specs, I may have to order one. By the time I finally decide, it will probably be a 2027!

Last edited by wickedwahine11; 03-15-2024 at 09:04 AM.
xtdoc777 (03-16-2024)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SL/R232: SL55 2023 Hyper blue review and photos