SL-Class (R232) Discussion on the 2022 R232

SL/R232: Download software 2.4 2023 SL 55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2024, 10:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 SL 550
Download software 2.4 2023 SL 55

Has anyone successfully downloaded the 2.4 software? My car has been telling me for a week that it will download "after my journey is complete" But it never does. Same thing this morning. I also get a message saying that " In some cases the battery charge level may not be sufficient." But it never says what "sufficient" is, nor can I find a battery gauge, or voltage gauge or ammeter in any screen. Does anyone know if we have battery gauge in the R232 SL55? The other message I get is "The update can be completed as soon as the vehicle has been parked and the technical conditions have been fulfilled." What exactly are these technical conditions? Is there anything the owner needs to do? So all I know is that the vehicle needed to be parked. Does it need to be locked or not? running or not? garaged or not? Are any of these technical conditions? Anyway, I doubt the 2.4 will be life changing but it would be nice to get this downloaded and the messages gone. Thanks.
Old 04-16-2024, 07:18 PM

Received 100 Likes on 48 Posts
2022 AMG SL63
failed software upgrade

Same experience here. Been trying for a few days to decipher the lack of information. In one portion, it says the download cannot download until the car is parked/stopped plus a set of unknown unspecified criteria are satisfied. In another area, it says the download will occur while driving. No combination of actions does anything, including keeping providing notices that I have a really great download to install. Ignoring that it doesn't work.
Old 04-16-2024, 07:57 PM

Received 81 Likes on 34 Posts
Tesla Model S 2022, AMG SL55 2023
Originally Posted by 1 of 9
Has anyone successfully downloaded the 2.4 software? My car has been telling me for a week that it will download "after my journey is complete" But it never does. Same thing this morning. I also get a message saying that " In some cases the battery charge level may not be sufficient." But it never says what "sufficient" is, nor can I find a battery gauge, or voltage gauge or ammeter in any screen. Does anyone know if we have battery gauge in the R232 SL55? The other message I get is "The update can be completed as soon as the vehicle has been parked and the technical conditions have been fulfilled." What exactly are these technical conditions? Is there anything the owner needs to do? So all I know is that the vehicle needed to be parked. Does it need to be locked or not? running or not? garaged or not? Are any of these technical conditions? Anyway, I doubt the 2.4 will be life changing but it would be nice to get this downloaded and the messages gone. Thanks.
I did the update successfully on my 2023 SL55 by following the screen instructions that said that an update was ready. It was sitting in my garage and I locked the car during the update. No significant improvements after the update however. I wish I could tell you more on how to get past the "after my journey is complete" message.
Old 04-17-2024, 03:49 AM

Received 52 Likes on 30 Posts
SL63 AMG (R232)
Originally Posted by JohnGigi
Same experience here. Been trying for a few days to decipher the lack of information. In one portion, it says the download cannot download until the car is parked/stopped plus a set of unknown unspecified criteria are satisfied. In another area, it says the download will occur while driving. No combination of actions does anything, including keeping providing notices that I have a really great download to install. Ignoring that it doesn't work.
I have no experience with software updates for my SL63 (my dealer just updated the MBUX with the latest 445.201 version and all control units with the latest updates due to a problem with misfiring) but in my BMW Z4 M40i, the software update usually takes 1-2 weeks to update AFTER the availability of the update was displayed in the infotainment system. The download often happened immediately but the installation took up to two weeks(!).

So maybe it is the same with Mercedes...I would just be patient.
Old 04-18-2024, 09:28 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
22 SL63
Originally Posted by JohnGigi
Had the same issue for about 24 hours. Might be a coincidence or not, but I went somewhere in my vehicle settings, and connected vehicle to my home WiFi and it updated within an hour. As I recall my wife’s Tesla is connected to the WiFi also for speedier updates.
Old 04-18-2024, 01:51 PM

2022 AMG SL63
Kept trying

I appreciate the input and also thought the home WiFi was a possible solution, but it still keeps showing it cannot proceed until the "technical requirements" are met without explaining what they are referring to. One time it says the install will happen during the next drive; next time, it posts that I have to park the car first. I gave up, it's not worth the effort. For acknowledged German and MB preciseness, this is pretty pitiful.
Old 04-24-2024, 01:31 PM

2011 SL 550
Update: My SL55 updated to 2.4 yesterday. So from the initial message that there was an update available, it was about two weeks. I did nothing out of the ordinary to initiate it. It was just there upon starting the car.
Old 04-24-2024, 08:40 PM

2022 AMG SL63
Audio update

My software update finally downloaded. The total lack of instructions and explanation made it very obtuse. It was like getting in line at the DMV where they assign you a number, but then don't tell you anything about what to do and when. Then, your download window comes up without any notice and the customer feels so special that they were finally paid attention to. Lousy service, but upgrade did seem to make a difference.
The following users liked this post:
California John (04-25-2024)
Old 04-25-2024, 09:41 AM

2011 SL 550
Today the car is back to the prior software. I am just going to have the dealer do it when I bring the car in to switch from winter to summer tires.