SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Fletcher Jones of Newport Beach BEWARE!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dated 3-series all show/SL55 all go
Fletcher Jones of Newport Beach BEWARE!!!

These guys have the worst attitudes towards their customers. We bought a SL55 from them and we have had problems with them. They said they will mail the keyless go cards to us but it has been 3 weeks and no cards.

They call today his name was chris I believe. This son of a ***** had an attitude from the get go. I was taking a shower as we were getting ready to go out. I ask if he can call back as I am in the shower andx all of a sudden he questions me.... I was in shock.

"A shower?".... "A shower?"... "A shower at 1:15 in the afternoon" and he chuckles as if I am some kind of joke.

I said would like to talk to someone else till I am done?

He said, "no not really but whatever" and hung up on me.

I live 5 hours away from this dealership and he is very lucky that I dont live close because I would have beat him to a pulp.

Sorry for the rant I just wanted to vent my frustration and this utterly rude conversation I had with this DipSh*t.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG 2002, C 63 AMG 2009
Thanx for the "Info" I guess these guys forget who keeps them employed??
Most individuals who own MBs do so because they want to, not because they have to
Old 07-10-2005, 03:20 PM
Almost a Member!

Talking

Wow ... a friend was shopping at this dealership ... after reading your post ... she (and her friend) both shopping for cars ... are going to a neighboring city to make their purchases ...
Old 07-18-2005, 11:15 PM

2005 E320 Brilliant Silver/Charcoal
Its amazing what kind of damage one bad emloyee can do. I have leased two cars from Fletcher-Jones and do all my service there.

Never had any problems, would buy/lease from them again. The made the best deal in town, and probably have the best selection of cars.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Originally Posted by LWRNCE
These guys have the worst attitudes towards their customers. We bought a SL55 from them and we have had problems with them. They said they will mail the keyless go cards to us but it has been 3 weeks and no cards.

They call today his name was chris I believe. This son of a ***** had an attitude from the get go. I was taking a shower as we were getting ready to go out. I ask if he can call back as I am in the shower andx all of a sudden he questions me.... I was in shock.

"A shower?".... "A shower?"... "A shower at 1:15 in the afternoon" and he chuckles as if I am some kind of joke.

I said would like to talk to someone else till I am done?

He said, "no not really but whatever" and hung up on me.

I live 5 hours away from this dealership and he is very lucky that I dont live close because I would have beat him to a pulp.

Sorry for the rant I just wanted to vent my frustration and this utterly rude conversation I had with this DipSh*t.
I've had the same feelings with my salesman. I'm not stuck up, but who the f*ck do these people think they are, they act like they're some sort of big shot because they sell a mercedes. They're just salesmen (no offense to that occupation), but it pisses me off when they act like some sort of VIP and treat the customer with no respect. I caught mine talking about me behind my back when he thought I had left already, I only took the car because otherwise I'd have to wait months at another dealer. I wish I caugh him when nobody else was around.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Chi500
I've had the same feelings with my salesman. I'm not stuck up, but who the f*ck do these people think they are, they act like they're some sort of big shot because they sell a mercedes. They're just salesmen (no offense to that occupation), but it pisses me off when they act like some sort of VIP and treat the customer with no respect. I caught mine talking about me behind my back when he thought I had left already, I only took the car because otherwise I'd have to wait months at another dealer. I wish I caugh him when nobody else was around.
You should "Pull" him and his supervisor to side and discuss your feelings. Tell the sup that you feel very uncomfortable sending business their way
Peace-Out, Sa-Town "Go-Spurs, via Robert Taylor Homes and Cabrini Green :p :p Man I miss Jay's Hot Stuff potatoe chips
Old 07-19-2005, 09:17 PM

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
BMW M850i Gran Coupe
Originally Posted by Childish///AMG
You should "Pull" him and his supervisor to side and discuss your feelings. Tell the sup that you feel very uncomfortable sending business their way
The problem is, the "fish usually stinks from the head down". The people that run the dealership are usually very aware of their employees. My best success was to change dealerships. Now I no longer have to listen to "attitude".
Old 07-20-2005, 03:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Yeah, I purchased the CLK from Autohaus here in one of the Chicago suburbs, that's the one with the salesman with the attitude, and I got the ML from Loeber Motors. But over at Loeber, the porters like to steal from my car; it has happened at Autohaus once, but I confronted the porter who I knew did it and made sure he knew that I was would kick his a$$ if there was any moment that nobody was around. He sucks up to me all the time now. But the point being the only dealerships near me both cause me problems.

As for Childish's suggestion, I've done that on many occassions, not with the dealer but at a store or something, and nothing ever happens. The employees are all together and they'll pretend to care to your face but they'll just laugh at you as soon as you're gone. The only instance with results was when I caught that porter stealing from my car and letting him know I was ready to beat him, especially since he has washed my car before and I always tipped him well. Also, I was fed up with things being stolen from my car.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dude, do what one of our Dr.'s did. He went the the dealer and would walk up to people looking at "Cars" and tell them not to
purchase from that dealership. It got sooo bad that they had one of the
mangers ask him into his office and they talked. Now they have been kissing his butt ever since
Old 07-20-2005, 05:28 PM

02 C240, Silver
Fletcher Woes...

LWRNCE,

I agree. I actually have dealt with a Chris at Fletcher Jones, 25-29 year old guy. He was my salesguys "helper, finish guy" and was supposed to handle my key request along with CD changer installation scheduling request. I showed up 1 week later to have the changer installed as agreed on sales date and was told that they had not received a request from Chris or salesperson. I showed them my "due bill" still no dice. I told the service manager that I had driven 45 miles to get to their dealership and I was not going home empty handed. Then the sales guy shows up and tells me that his assistant Chris should have called me yesterday to tell me it was too busy saturday for the installation! BS! i had him install it on the spot while I waited. And the spare key they promised took 6 months to receive then had to send back because they sent me the key for a C230 coupe without trunk button instead of a C240 sedan.

Fletcher Jones made right, but are not on my happy list. I wont' buy from them again.
Old 07-23-2005, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
If you guys think MB sales folk have attitude.......try Ferrari.............they invented the 'attitude'.

These guys haven't quite figured who pays the bills. But as long as we keep spending money at these places...............We have to vote with our wallets.

For my SL55 I used Shumacher in Phx, and thye treated me like gold.........no platinum! And it still continues 2 years on....
Old 07-23-2005, 10:02 PM
Almost a Member!

SL65, 05' & Ford GT, 06'
I have had great experiences with Fletcher Jones. My salesman's name is Thomas Carnavale. I have purchased three cars from him and sent a few friends who have had good experiences as well. When you have a large dealership with as many employees as they do you are bound to get a bad apple or two. These jerks can really hurt a dealership because the communication is immediate and far reaching now, as we all know. Poor customer satisfaction costs dealerships and manufacturers so the people in charge like to weed out the bad apples. The head guy at FJ is a quality guy so I don't necessarily buy the "head down" theory. customers can be pretty big jerks too. There are three sides to every story.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:59 PM

'10 MB E63, '08 ML550 ('05 E55, '05 SL55, '08 E63 GONE)
I've bought 4 cars from Fletcher Jones in Newport Beach (including my SL55 and E55) and never had a problem... I also have them serviced there. They've always been very cool and kind to me... best pricing, terrific service, 1st class treatment all the way... It was probably just this Chris guy, and it sounds like he's not even a sales person.

They're the largest dealership in the nation - must be for a reason.

~ Ian
Old 07-24-2005, 07:23 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2001 viper rt-10, 2007 SL65
too high

Originally Posted by IanSL55
I've bought 4 cars from Fletcher Jones in Newport Beach (including my SL55 and E55) and never had a problem... I also have them serviced there. They've always been very cool and kind to me... best pricing, terrific service, 1st class treatment all the way... It was probably just this Chris guy, and it sounds like he's not even a sales person.

They're the largest dealership in the nation - must be for a reason.

~ Ian
my daughter bought her beamer from fj a few years ago, and suggested them as a source when i was looking for an sl. their advertised prices were so high, i didn't even call them. in san diego, i felt like all the dealerships were in collusion. 500's were a dime a dozen and 3grand was a standard discount. used cars were not a bargain, and don't even think about dealing on a 55, 600, or 65. special order only. and by the way fletcher jones was higher than the san diego guys.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:46 AM

I'm interested in buying a 2006 SL55 .. so while I was out of the country, I decide to chat with them via their website ... :

Connecting with Fletcher Jones Motor Cars, Inc. dealership...please hold.
Connected live..Fletcher Jones Motor Cars, Inc..

>You are now chatting with 'John'..one moment please.

John: Hi - How may we help you today
Me: Hi John .. question for you, well, two .. I'm interested in a SL55, and I've been told that the services are no longer included in the purchase price .. ??
Me: and second, what is the cost of the extended warranty and what does it bring the warranty to .. 7yr/100k miles?
John: Sure - We can check that out for you --
John: Just trying to Zero in on what you have in mind so that we will be able to give you the proper information or quote
John: Any options that are important to you that you did not mention such as STANDARD/BASIC -or LOADED, or any other items you may want on the vehicle including possibly color -
Me: that shouldn't change the service issue or the warranty .. right?
John: Our Internet Team will be pleased to answer that question for you at the same time your other questions are taken up
John: In order to check the proper inventory sheets for the request (s) you made - have to narrow down the search by asking the following question
John:
John:
John: Do you want the Vehicle to be STANDARD/BASIC or Loaded - Loaded gives you more optional items such as more bells and whistles
John:
Me: I'd come down to the dealership and just ask, but I'm out of the country until the middle of March. Is there anyway I can get the answers to my questions without building a car via chat with you?
John: Of course
John: Just need that one piece
Me: thank you
John: of informtion
John: Standard or LOaded
Me: Loaded
John: Loaded give you more options
John: Got Ya
John: ONE MOMENT PLEASE
John: Me
John: It looks like we will need a drop more time to check our Inventory Sheets, running a bit behind and will have to get back to you with the information you wish. If that is okay with you
John: Just Need your FULL NAME - PHONE# & AREA CODE and eMAIL ADDRESS in case we have to send you something via eMail
John:
Me: I'm overseas until the middle of March.
John: Just your last name and eMail address
Me: again, I feel like I'm chatting with a computer. My questions don't require any of this.
John: Double check your eMail address
John: I am truly live - Honest - I do however use some canned messages for speed
Me: I think I'm going to have better luck w/ MBLN.
John: I appreciate the fact that you wish the answer to your question (s) right now. However I just want you to know that I?m not a Sales Person but make sure you get immediate attention by collecting all your information and then passing it along to our Internet Sales Team who are running a drop behind, but promise to get right back with you. If this is okay with you - Just Need your FULL NAME - PHONE # & AREA CODE and eMAIL ADDRESS in case we have to send you something via eMail
John:
John: Just need your last name and eMail address
John: and we will get right back to you Me
Me: *****
Me: *******
John: Excellent - Staff will get back to you as promised - Thank you for Shopping our Web Store - Over and Out - Bye
Chat session has ended. Thank you for visiting our Web store!\
Old 07-25-2005, 02:47 AM

Please also let me add that no one *EVER* got back to me but they were nice enough to add me to their mailing list, from which I cannot unsubscribe.

Don't launch Internet Sales if it isn't going to work.

Also, I still get my old 420SEL serviced there.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Originally Posted by Chi500
Yeah, I purchased the CLK from Autohaus here in one of the Chicago suburbs, that's the one with the salesman with the attitude, and I got the ML from Loeber Motors. But over at Loeber, the porters like to steal from my car; it has happened at Autohaus once, but I confronted the porter who I knew did it and made sure he knew that I was would kick his a$$ if there was any moment that nobody was around. He sucks up to me all the time now. But the point being the only dealerships near me both cause me problems.

As for Childish's suggestion, I've done that on many occassions, not with the dealer but at a store or something, and nothing ever happens. The employees are all together and they'll pretend to care to your face but they'll just laugh at you as soon as you're gone. The only instance with results was when I caught that porter stealing from my car and letting him know I was ready to beat him, especially since he has washed my car before and I always tipped him well. Also, I was fed up with things being stolen from my car.
Go to Knauz next time you need a car.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:58 AM

SLK 55 AMG
Good thing my dealer's been cool to me. Just went by today to fix a rendez-vous for my A service, and my particular sales person sees me inside, comes up to me, shakes hands and asks me how are things, if I'm ok with the car and so on.

I'd take that sales guy and their manager in for a little talk if I were you...
Old 07-25-2005, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
Well, based on my experiences dealing w/ dealers.... I think I could conclude that none of them paid any sufficient respect to youngsters.... I think they just saw me as a young asian person who did not bring parents and could not afford anything beyond $50K. So... they never respected me, always asked whether this is the right car for me, always asked whether I was sure I did not need any finances..... plus all other

Just one experience when I was so p!$$ed off that I just really played the salesman.... had him fill out everything except my signatures and my SSN to get all paperworks plus financing ready..... had him negotiate the price for couple hours before hand.... so I guess he at least invested 4 hours of his work day that day just to assist me....

And, right before I signed and gave him my down payment check, I said.... "you know what, given your attitude before, I think I'd rather give this check to XXXX dealership... they got me the car I want and I paid $1K higher... thanks for your help anyway".... so I left right there... left him stunned.... and made him even more stunned when I actually drove my new car in front of him later that day...

Priceless
Old 07-25-2005, 06:18 PM

2005 SL65
zoink...

priceless. couldn't have done it any better myself. in fact, i did much the same to autohaus (FL) salesperson who treated me similarly, by driving new car back to dealership later that day, going right up to GM, pointing to new car and explaining why they'd lost the sale. the corners of the GM's slight smile dropped as if lead weights had been attached. yes indeed, vote with your dollars, and to he!! with 'em!
Old 07-25-2005, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
Sweet.....i did something similar with Autohaus in Pompano, Florida. They tried to sabotage my CLS55 deal after i called them to try and flip the car. I was a day from delivery from West Palm Beach MB and they called over there to get my sales guy in trouble and get the car for themselves and ruin my deal. Ive alerted some ebay bidders/buyers about Autohaus Pompano too.

Moral of the story.....STAY AWAY from AUTOHAUS Pompano and it sounds like Fletcher Jones too....better yet, buy from someone else and then drive in to their lot like I/zoink did.

T
Old 07-25-2005, 11:26 PM

2005 SL65
Doctodd33...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-men!
Old 07-26-2005, 10:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E63, 2018 AMG GT Convertible
Fletcher Jones

Had no problem with them. Salesman was Ramin for my last car. One of the sales managers (Antony Chandler) has been incredible to work with and I've sent many people to FJ - all happy. I've got no gripes. As an aside - every other dealer in the area will do ANYTHING to sell me a car below what FJ will. I think they'd take a loss just to take a sale away from FJ. Should prove to my advantage as my wife and I get ready for our next purchase (CLK55, SLK55 or SL65). My service guy is Jim Buote who has also been exceptional. Again, no issues with them. But, there is almost always a rotten apple in the bunch somewhere.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:15 PM

Dated 3-series all show/SL55 all go
Thank you for respdonding. We finally got the keyless go key.

Let me add that we will now take the car to Stead Mercedes in Walnut Creek.

This Chris guy is an *******. I remember negotiating with him. They kept wanting me to lease the vehicle. So I asked him how much it would be in a certain amount of months and he grabbed a calculator and tossed it at me and said why dont you figure it out. I was livid.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Lwrnce
If your SL55 is a silver/ash it may have been mine I traded on an Cls55 about a month ago. Fletcher called several times for the keyless go (btw a worthless option) I just found the second key. Long story as my home was burglarized while I was on vaction and the key wasn't the highest priority.

Sounds like you ran into a jerk at Fletcher, I've bought 17 cars from them 8 of them amg's. I try to develop a relationship with business people, sometimes you can't. I've seen far more arrogant customers than salespeople. Like someone said, try a Ferrari dealer, like the one in Vegas that charges people to come into the showroom. My wife drove the car and mises it. So, back to Fletcher for another SL.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Fletcher Jones of Newport Beach BEWARE!!!