SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Just got a New Addition!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 03:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice lookin car.. might give the sl some competition if it was a convertible...

here's some better pictures of the same color one i found on ebay..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Aston...36610655QQrdZ1
Old 05-09-2006, 06:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
congrats ...
now s/c it
Old 05-09-2006, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Originally Posted by AMG_55
congrats ...
now s/c it
They are actually planning a S/C version in a couple of years.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63BS, SL55, G55, C43
Originally Posted by IngenereAMG
They are actually planning a S/C version in a couple of years.
And a convertible as I understand.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Originally Posted by sprins
And a convertible as I understand.
I am 1st on that list as well!
Old 05-09-2006, 06:28 PM

sorry to be the one to tell you.

i also bought a new amv8 in uk and was one of the first to do so,but it did not take long for the love to turn to hate,the gearchange when cold is shocking,the panel fit is awfull,the brakes squeal,needs another 100 bhp under the bonnet,paint finish is dreadfull in areas,plus points=best sounding car i have ever driven and i own a vanquish s as well but the amv8 sounds better than this especially if you open up the valves in the exhaust,great handling,fantastic looks,but i kept mine a month and the prices in the uk are coming down rapid and you can start picking them up cheaper than list,so be carefull guys it might bite you back,sorry to be so negative and i love astons.

cheers simon
Old 05-09-2006, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by simonl
i also bought a new amv8 in uk and was one of the first to do so,but it did not take long for the love to turn to hate,the gearchange when cold is shocking,the panel fit is awfull,the brakes squeal,needs another 100 bhp under the bonnet,paint finish is dreadfull in areas,plus points=best sounding car i have ever driven and i own a vanquish s as well but the amv8 sounds better than this especially if you open up the valves in the exhaust,great handling,fantastic looks,but i kept mine a month and the prices in the uk are coming down rapid and you can start picking them up cheaper than list,so be carefull guys it might bite you back,sorry to be so negative and i love astons.

cheers simon
Simon:

Your comments are odd in light of what I am experiencing. The gearbox is flawless and shifts great, no brake squeal and the fit and finish both inside and out is stunning. It could use a bit more power.....but they are doing a supercharged version in a year or so. The car as it stands isn't underpowered at all...and the overall balance of the car is perfect. Maybe you got an early car made on a Fri. I tend to have pretty good luck with these things...everyone has had SL troubles and mine has been flawless for 3 years.

Last edited by IngenereAMG; 05-09-2006 at 07:03 PM.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:54 AM

vantage

dino,i really hope aston has got there act together and yes your right my car was an early example and i know they have been working very hard to get the early problems corrected,i dont think you will have a problem where you live with the gearbox as its only when its really cold that the car was a pig.Iam told today that aston have changed the oil in the transmission now and the problems are a lot less troublesome.I really should of waited before i bought my car to allow early problems to be corrected,anyway iam over the moon with my 2006 sl55 and vanquish s i now own and should be taking delivery of a ml63 shortly but iam now wondering should i wait untill the ml has been out a couple of years,but dino enjoy,iam sure your love every minute of it.

cheers simon
Old 05-11-2006, 02:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by simonl
dino,i really hope aston has got there act together and yes your right my car was an early example and i know they have been working very hard to get the early problems corrected,i dont think you will have a problem where you live with the gearbox as its only when its really cold that the car was a pig.Iam told today that aston have changed the oil in the transmission now and the problems are a lot less troublesome.I really should of waited before i bought my car to allow early problems to be corrected,anyway iam over the moon with my 2006 sl55 and vanquish s i now own and should be taking delivery of a ml63 shortly but iam now wondering should i wait untill the ml has been out a couple of years,but dino enjoy,iam sure your love every minute of it.

cheers simon
You would have thought that they would have engineered the gearbox for their home market's weather....even though it's an Italian gearbox. I had the car out today and the shift was perfect. Then again it was 98 Faranheit! No cold issues here.

I think they have hit a home run with this car...that's why I ordered 2 coupes and 2 spyders. I'll sell one coupe and probably both spyders. It sounds like you have some serious cars as well. Hopefully you head up to Wales for some fun with them from time to time.