SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Ipod solution for the current SL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 01:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ipod solution for the current SL

I have a 2006 SL55 and i still can't find a reasonably priced decent(not an FM tuner) Ipod solution,in fact the only two i have found are the Harmon Kardon Drive and play which puts a naff little screen on your dash or the Alpine VehicleHub which looks quite good but i cant get a demo and costs AUD $3000.
Has anyone come up with any thing else or tried the VehicleHub ?...it would be great not to muck around with CD's anymore not to mention matching what every other half decent car comes with automatically.

Thanks

Matt
Old 11-24-2006, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 SL63
might not be what you had in mind, but it is a solution

https://mbworld.org/forums/sl55-amg-sl63-amg-sl65-amg-r230/148435-v60-bluetooth-adapter-works.html
Old 11-26-2006, 01:15 PM

Thumbs down Ipod solution for the current SL

I currently have the Nav-TV Ipod integration product in my SL550. Bottom line is that its worthless - do not buy! It basically loads a groups of your selections (artist,song,genre, etc.) into 6 "virtual" cds (emulating the 6 cd changer). Each cd slot can have up to 99 items. If you have more than even a small library (50 or more artists, etc.) you will never listen to the artists/songs at the bottom of the list. And this is when the device is working properly - it has many problems and I would not recommend this to anyone. I am very unhappy with the product, wrote them a constructive email on what was wrong, etc. and have not heard a peep back from them.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63S coupe, X5M
I just use MP3 CD's. With 800 minutes of music per CD it works fine for my needs.

The only thing I really hate is how painfully slow the fast foward is
Old 11-26-2006, 11:58 PM

2003 SL55 Black/Berry
Originally Posted by snap25
I have a 2006 SL55 and i still can't find a reasonably priced decent(not an FM tuner) Ipod solution,in fact the only two i have found are the Harmon Kardon Drive and play which puts a naff little screen on your dash or the Alpine VehicleHub which looks quite good but i cant get a demo and costs AUD $3000.
Has anyone come up with any thing else or tried the VehicleHub ?...it would be great not to muck around with CD's anymore not to mention matching what every other half decent car comes with automatically.

Thanks

Matt
My 03 SL55 had an auxilary jack in the glovebox which I used to run my IPOD for a while. I have since replaced the entire nav/stereo system in the vehicle with an Pioneer AVIC-Z1 unit. Not only do I get an IPOD connection but also a much improved nav system, sat radio, DVD playback and a hard drive which copies songs into its library from CD's.

Not sure you want to go to that extreme but it's an option
Old 11-27-2006, 12:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes
Originally Posted by lionsgate
I have since replaced the entire nav/stereo system in the vehicle with an Pioneer AVIC-Z1 unit. Not only do I get an IPOD connection but also a much improved nav system, sat radio, DVD playback and a hard drive which copies songs into its library from CD's.

Not sure you want to go to that extreme but it's an option
Can you please post a pic of how you integrated the AVIC-Z1 unit in your SL? Thanks.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:31 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
...be patient...we will most probably have a solution early 2007 that is way better then what MB currently offers for the non siemens headunit benzes...

greetingz,
Old 12-01-2006, 02:49 PM

Is the NAV-TV called an... MER-iPOD ?

http://www.nav-tv.co.uk/show_product...product_id=208

this is one i have been looking at, I belive it is new as it only arrives here next month and it uses your Ipod working with the buttons on your Command system.
MBenzNL..mentioned maybe something new from bendz....how sure are you of this ? as if its true then i will wait.

Thanks Matt
Old 12-01-2006, 03:20 PM
Almost a Member!

SL55
Is the NAV-TV called an... MER-iPOD ?

http://www.nav-tv.co.uk/show_product...product_id=208

this is one i have been looking at, I belive it is new as it only arrives here next month and it uses your Ipod working with the buttons on your Command system.
MBenzNL..mentioned maybe something new from bendz....how sure are you of this ? as if its true then i will wait.

Thanks Matt
That setup looks like an excellent solution. I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer to find out if it really works as described.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:37 AM

Thumbs down Ipod solution for the current SL

Buy beware on Nav-TV equipment - please see my previous post. Based on my recent experience I do not recommend anyone buy equipment from NAV-TV - their original ipod integration equipment simply doesn't work.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:28 PM

Thanks

Matt
DENSION AUDIO HAS A PRODUCT CALLED GATEWAY 500...I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT IT AS IT IS NOT AVAILABLE IN USA BUT IT IS AVAILABLE IN CANADA...I HAVE SPOKEN TO SOMEONE AT THE DENSION DEALER IN M0NTREAL...IT COST 500-600 CANADIAN DOLLARS PLUS INSTALLATION...HE SAID IT TAKES 2-3 HOURS TO DO THE JOB...THEY DO SHIP THE PRODUCT TO US...
WWW.DENSION.COM check it out it might be what you are looking for

vijay