SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: What do u guys think of this twin-turbo Gallardo & Murcielago?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 01:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 SL 55 Black/Black w/mods from Eurocharged/Kleemann/BuckheadImports
Thumbs up What do u guys think of this twin-turbo Gallardo & Murcielago?

How many of you guys would consider jumping from a modded 55/65 to a twin-turbo Gallardo or murcielago?

The Sounds coming from these cars is just too awesome for one thing, and the performance must be mind-boggling.

Heffner performance has a twin-turbo package for the gallardo, and its awesome to think that someone will probably do it to the murcielago LP640. The gallardo has over 800 horsepower, an LP640 with this would have even alot more than that.

here's the links to a few vids, just too cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzyHtijRuMA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T16qrMIEPsw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNWGzSzRq5A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJZQTh4-5DU

And here is a vid for the Doug Levin Motorsports twin-turbo Murcielago (not LP640, but still too fast to imagine):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9clqZrEHORo

Last edited by SL65amg; 09-01-2007 at 01:44 AM.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:36 PM

1988 535i 5 speed
Dude, that's sick! A tt LP640 would put some serious comp. to a Veyron! And that sound is beyond words.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:45 PM

2005 SL55 AMG
That's crazy. I just went to their website. 55K usd for the kit. I wonder how much install is going to be. From the vids it looks freakishly fast and sounds insane.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
I have seen that G, and it is a very well done set up, but I feel that the engine dominates the car....even overwhelmes it.

For me, its all about the balance of the engine, chassis, brakes, etc. When the mix becomes so lopsided that it makes the car unbalanced, I feel that it ruins the whole driving experience....
Old 09-01-2007, 09:00 PM

'05 SL 55 Black/Black w/mods from Eurocharged/Kleemann/BuckheadImports
Cool A TT LP640 could easily have over 1000 or 1100 HP

A 1000 or 1100 or more LP 640 would kill even a Veyron or almost anything else out there. I have heard somewhere of Gemballa doing custom work on Diablo's and getting over 1700 or 1800 horsepower on high boost. On the much larger and stronger LP640 engine, the power would be wicked and unthinkable. The power to weight of even the TT Gallardo is most likely way beyond that of even the best modded Renntech SL 65's, isn't that right guys? I hope someone out there dishes out the cash for next year's LP640 SuperVeloce, then lets somebody like these tuners go to work on it with a serious twin-turbo setup, then we can see what it'll do.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
Originally Posted by IngenereAMG
I have seen that G, and it is a very well done set up, but I feel that the engine dominates the car....even overwhelmes it.

For me, its all about the balance of the engine, chassis, brakes, etc. When the mix becomes so lopsided that it makes the car unbalanced, I feel that it ruins the whole driving experience....

Yeah no kidding... I read the post and thought we had a 16 yr old writing it, though I do know how some, myself included, are around horse power...

couple observations though, with the Lambo, when it screws up, what type of warranty will you have? zip?!?!

Also the resale value is? most likely the same as any other Lambo with the same amount of miles on it

So if you want to pee your money away this looks like a prime candidate...

Also you all want to call the Veyron out, seriously the lambo, all of them will not hit the top speed of the Veyron because of aerodynamics... last year I took a galardo out and barely got it to climb 175.... and one of the NFL players and good friend of mine in Jax Fl has a Galardo also and can't hit 175 at all...

So which leads me back to something that has a warranty when I beat on it, and is worth something when I am done. I know mallett cars has some bad **** vettes over there, that will hand those Lambos their **** in a race... let alone a 4 door CTS-v with over 1000 hp.... but hey there is good news with this, GM lets them Serialize the vehicles and they are worth more than normal vettes,, or caddys in the kelly Blue book or whatever is governing it now...

Oh yeah I forgot, the Saturn Sky by mallett is less then $55k and includes the vehicle... I bet that hurts, 400-600 hp saturn wooping on the exotics...
Old 09-02-2007, 06:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
Originally Posted by jbondox
Yeah no kidding... I read the post and thought we had a 16 yr old writing it, though I do know how some, myself included, are around horse power...

couple observations though, with the Lambo, when it screws up, what type of warranty will you have? zip?!?!

Also the resale value is? most likely the same as any other Lambo with the same amount of miles on it

So if you want to pee your money away this looks like a prime candidate...

Also you all want to call the Veyron out, seriously the lambo, all of them will not hit the top speed of the Veyron because of aerodynamics... last year I took a galardo out and barely got it to climb 175.... and one of the NFL players and good friend of mine in Jax Fl has a Galardo also and can't hit 175 at all...

So which leads me back to something that has a warranty when I beat on it, and is worth something when I am done. I know mallett cars has some bad **** vettes over there, that will hand those Lambos their **** in a race... let alone a 4 door CTS-v with over 1000 hp.... but hey there is good news with this, GM lets them Serialize the vehicles and they are worth more than normal vettes,, or caddys in the kelly Blue book or whatever is governing it now...

Oh yeah I forgot, the Saturn Sky by mallett is less then $55k and includes the vehicle... I bet that hurts, 400-600 hp saturn wooping on the exotics...
yes but its a saturn... I dont care if it has 1000hp... And if you are buying anything over 150k... you're generally not thinking about resale value. You're thinking about(not in this order) 1. Image, 2. power, 3. agility, 4. prestige, 5. safety, 6. enterainment

You really just have to love what some people do with there cars... I would bet that a 800hp or 1000hp gallardo/murcielago would be MONSTERS to drive.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:53 PM

06 CLS55, She drives: 08 CLS63, 08 CLK63 Black Series
Very Nice!!!
Old 09-02-2007, 10:53 PM

Bentley Flying Spur, CL550
Originally Posted by 55fanatic
yes but its a saturn... I dont care if it has 1000hp... And if you are buying anything over 150k... you're generally not thinking about resale value. You're thinking about(not in this order) 1. Image, 2. power, 3. agility, 4. prestige, 5. safety, 6. enterainment

You really just have to love what some people do with there cars... I would bet that a 800hp or 1000hp gallardo/murcielago would be MONSTERS to drive.
EXACTLY. Anybody who can afford to purchase a $300k+ car and add a $55k turbo setup isn't saying to himself "hmmm, I wonder what I can get for this Lambo after this turbo setup". Its all about enjoyment
Old 09-04-2007, 07:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by 55fanatic
And if you are buying anything over 150k... you're generally not thinking about resale value..
That's not necessarily true. Even if you had money to burn, most people don't like to see ca$h get thrown out the window. If you are trying to build the world's fastest Lambo, then sure, you're sole purpose is to get max hp and you'll forget about the warranty. But lots of exotic car owners will change exotics like you change girls. And if you are switching cars all the time, resale definitely helps.

A twin turbo Lambo is very nice. I keep on hearing these rumors (or are they facts now?) that the new Audi RS6 is going to come with a twin turbo version of the Gallardo's V10 engine.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
According to this month's Motor Trend, packing turbo(s) on the Murci with a target of 1,000hp would allow it to get to Veyron territory at 254mph.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by DFW01E55
According to this month's Motor Trend, packing turbo(s) on the Murci with a target of 1,000hp would allow it to get to Veyron territory at 254mph.
Yes, but would its aerodynamics allow that?

Did anybody see the move "Redline" and what happened to the Diablo when he hit NOS? LOL
Old 09-10-2007, 03:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
SL55 AMG
Anyone thinking about a Murcielago would do well to track down the "our cars" reports of someone owning one in Evo magazine.

This (orange) car has been well used but in consequence has suffered high maintenance costs, for example $20000 for a new crankshaft and it eats its way through tires and brakes. Then as the test period came to an end, the guy didn't want to sell because he would then have to confront the most horrendous depreciation and turn a huge paper loss into a real one.

If money is truly of no consequence in your life, go ahead, but if you have to ask the cost of anything, don't go there.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 CL65
the TT gallardo is up for sale now
i get get you some info if you need it.