SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Veloce Performance ECU upgrade rocks!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 SL55 AMG
Veloce Performance ECU upgrade rocks!

Just wanted to share with everyone how exceptionally pleased I am with my Veloce Performance ECU upgrade. While I don't have before/after dyno numbers, my '04 SL55 pulls significantly stronger throughout the power band and has much better throttle response. Nothing else has been done to the car -- I have yet to replace the stock air filters with K&Ns, which Dino also recommended. I doubt I'll even touch the stock pulley/headers.

Equally important, Dino was incredibly responsive and sent his tech over to do the flash the next business day. Hard to find that kind of service these days.

Hats off to Dino for an excellent product and fantastic customer service!
Old 09-27-2007, 01:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Thanks Mike! We enjoyed getting your car setup, and you were a pleasure to work with. As strong as it is now, it will improve over the next few weeks, and especially when you drop in the K&Ns.

My AMG writer who does my MB/AMG work has done a great job, and the settings that you got are our latest. I put them in my car as well and it was even stronger than our last setup....and that setup was 460+ at the wheels.

One of our clients just added headers and a CF intake to our ECU tune and he called me with just under 500hp/530lbft....at the wheels! Needless to say he is a happy boy.

Thanks again for the props........and as far as customer service goes.......I have been a customer for a long time, and I usually felt a bit put off. I want to treat our VP clients as I would want to be treated.....as a valued client.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G55 & SLK55
Thank you for your insight, I am glad your enjoying your SL55's increased capabilities with a flash of an ecu; Hope to experience that one day when I get a 55K.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:28 PM

Merc SL55
Whats Next A Rocket (Veloce does ROCK)

Today was my first day driving my sl55 with the Veloce ECU remap and I can't even express how psyched I am that I upgraded. It's not even close to the same car as before. My sl55 was fast before, now it just goes and goes and goes. I took my buddy for a ride and his only comment was "Whats next a rocket. " Thanks Dino you were right I'm blown away!!!
Old 09-28-2007, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Originally Posted by efxjon
Today was my first day driving my sl55 with the Veloce ECU remap and I can't even express how psyched I am that I upgraded. It's not even close to the same car as before. My sl55 was fast before, now it just goes and goes and goes. I took my buddy for a ride and his only comment was "Whats next a rocket. " Thanks Dino you were right I'm blown away!!!
Thanks John! Much appreciated.

The owner of the shop took the car out after we got done, and he had a big smille on his face when he got back and said......."Now, THAT car has some real attitude now"!

We have been developing the 55K set up for 4 years now, and this current version really transforms these cars.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Is Oliver doing your tunes for you?
Old 09-29-2007, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Jrocket
Is Oliver doing your tunes for you?
No. If you read our web site, you can read a bit about the team that we have put together.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
06 CLS55 w/ P030, 05 Jag S Type R, 05 TBird-68 Dodge Charger R/T-440 w/4speed I'm original owner
Originally Posted by IngenereAMG
Thanks Mike! We enjoyed getting your car setup, and you were a pleasure to work with. As strong as it is now, it will improve over the next few weeks, and especially when you drop in the K&Ns.

My AMG writer who does my MB/AMG work has done a great job, and the settings that you got are our latest. I put them in my car as well and it was even stronger than our last setup....and that setup was 460+ at the wheels.

One of our clients just added headers and a CF intake to our ECU tune and he called me with just under 500hp/530lbft....at the wheels! Needless to say he is a happy boy.

Thanks again for the props........and as far as customer service goes.......I have been a customer for a long time, and I usually felt a bit put off. I want to treat our VP clients as I would want to be treated.....as a valued client.
Would like to know what are the differences in between the Major Tuners and your ECU upgrades?
Old 10-07-2007, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by m_berman
Would like to know what are the differences in between the Major Tuners and your ECU upgrades?
I don't know all the details of the 'majors' or how their software is written, but I can give you details on the way we do things.

My AMG writer is a former writer for AMG, so he is acutely familiar with the cars and their engines and limits. I have a fair amount of input as to the way the cars are set up and run, and as a result of this collaberation we have come up with some winning setups that our clients are loving.

We also try to make each client feel special, by providing great customer service, and dialing in each set up as per the client's desires, when possible.

I hope that answers some of your questions. Let me know if you have any others.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:58 PM

You name it i've had it or got it...
how is it that your ecu is eclipsing other companies pulley and ecu set ups? it would make me think that they would go back to the drawing board and make improvements of their own
Old 10-19-2007, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Originally Posted by rbtronnie5
how is it that your ecu is eclipsing other companies pulley and ecu set ups? it would make me think that they would go back to the drawing board and make improvements of their own
I'm not commenting on other companies policy, but Evotech's policy is always building a fast car for the track or the drag strip. Different dyno machines produce different numbers, and there are numerous of factors that alter the results on the dyno. Our pulley + software setup are currently used by couple of members on the board. And those guys drag their cars and posting good times.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I can't speak for the other companies, but I will say that our AMG software writer is a former employee of AMG. So, he has an intimate knowledge of the engines and what they are capable of.

We want our cars to be fast and reliable. I know that our set ups our fast, and I am seeing members who have our ECU setup, posting that they are faster than like cars with competitors ECU/pulley combos....which couldn't make me any happier.

From a reliability standpoint, we have been perfecting this ECU work on the 55K cars on my own car for 4 years. In that time there has been some track time, and more than a few Vmax runs! ......and the car has never let me down.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:36 AM

i hear you...i am just astounded. your numbers on paper appear to be much better then the competition.....i just wonder why they aren't doing the same as you and constantly upgrading the software. i guess sometimes when companies get so big they mass produce an item and forget about the overall objective of maximizing performance.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i hear you...i am just astounded. your numbers on paper appear to be much better then the competition.....i just wonder why they aren't doing the same as you and constantly upgrading the software. i guess sometimes when companies get so big they mass produce an item and forget about the overall objective of maximizing performance.
I just came back from a drive in my SL55 and I am just so pleased with every aspect of our latest work. It's hugely fast. Throttle response is brilliant, and the mid range is astounding. I just love it! My AMG writer is brilliant.

Most of the time I usually suggest to clients who want to do a pulley/ECU set up...to just try the ECU first. They love it and I saved them some money as well!
Old 10-20-2007, 03:41 AM

07 SL550; C32 (sold)
wow, makes me want to get one even though i don't have a 55! haha.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:04 PM

i would be curious to have you try your ecu set up on my car. that way i could see how much more power you could get over what i have now with my current ecu and pulley set up.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 s65 Coupe, 2021 GLE53C, 2015 S550
My buddy's sl55 has renntech ecu/pulley. He is toast now with my ecu tune from veloce, and headers. NO PULLEY
Old 10-21-2007, 03:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i would be curious to have you try your ecu set up on my car. that way i could see how much more power you could get over what i have now with my current ecu and pulley set up.
We have a specific set up for cars with pulleys. PM or email me for more information. I am sure that you will be happy.