SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: My SL65 Stolen!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 08:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL55, CL55, Range Rover, Lexus LX470
Originally Posted by charles pearson
Man let me say first of all i'm sorry. Now The way I operate is simple, I never park in suspect locations for one and if I happen to be over a chicks house or even a friends home i'm always looking out of their windows at my car. I also keep a copy of my registration in my wallet just incase what happened to you happens to me and last but not least I carry a sig sauer 9 mm with me and I am trained to use it make no mistake about that. I hate a thief!!!
Old 01-07-2008, 04:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really feel sorry for your loss, but...
I honestly don't understand parking an SL65 "down the street" if this is a party at a friend's house. For me, that's driveway status and someones getting blocked in.
"oh you're leaving, ok I'll go move my car to let you out."

I had some people over this holiday for a party, and you would've thought my house was a car dealership the way they parallel parked ACROSS the driveway. One of the guys blocked the driveway just so he could be IN FRONT of the house. And my neighborhood is pretty nice, but you can never be too cautious.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL
Man let me say first of all i'm sorry. Now The way I operate is simple, I never park in suspect locations for one and if I happen to be over a chicks house or even a friends home i'm always looking out of their windows at my car. I also keep a copy of my registration in my wallet just incase what happened to you happens to me and last but not least I carry a sig sauer 9 mm with me and I am trained to use it make no mistake about that. I hate a thief!!!

it's so disgusting the americans think of themselves as a action movie star carrying a weapon around and think himself as bruce willis or something... where the hell is your braiN?????

if u are lucky enough, u ll end up in jail, otherwise u ll be killed.... typical americans...
Old 01-07-2008, 06:06 AM
kip

E55
Originally Posted by Swil
I really feel sorry for your loss, but...
I honestly don't understand parking an SL65 "down the street" if this is a party at a friend's house.
If you buy a car you use it, if you cant park where you are going, might as well take a taxi or bus. Cars are made for using.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 382 Likes on 246 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Originally Posted by phonetics
it's so disgusting the americans think of themselves as a action movie star carrying a weapon around and think himself as bruce willis or something... where the hell is your braiN?????

if u are lucky enough, u ll end up in jail, otherwise u ll be killed.... typical americans...
Don't generalize,UK has it's own share of idiots too....
Old 01-07-2008, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by absent
Don't generalize,UK has it's own share of idiots too....
Wanna' know what's wrong with the US?
Ask a Brit who is as worldly as phonetics, they know all and understand.

Remember, they were once at the top but now they have a different perspective on the world.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:30 PM

i like to ride my bike
Originally Posted by DFW01E55
Remember, they were once at the top but now they have a different perspective on the world.
Yeah, and so why does that not apply for you?? Still ridin' on top ha
Old 01-07-2008, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by F_Porsche
Yeah, and so why does that not apply for you?? Still ridin' on top ha
Oh good, a continental with similar experience.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:53 PM

'04 S600
A friend of a friend of mine recently got caught/convicted of insurance fraud by claiming high end motorcycles he owned were stolen - when in fact he'd sold them in other markets.

At the time he worked for a MB dealer and also got caught misappropriating funds to the six-figure tune.....

Didn't know the guy, but heard alot about the story....

Wondering if he loved high end MB's too......
Old 01-07-2008, 03:08 PM

05 E500 4matic, 08 ML320CDI
My condolences on your nightmare... Been there, done that. Had my C5 Coupe stolen during the Bon Jovi concert from the Pepsi Center in Denver a few years back. You learn alot about the "system" once you are a victim.
For instance the Pepsi Center Security, even though they had 360 degree video coverage of the Pepsi Center, wasn't willing to look over video tapes to see how the car was stolen even though it was 200 feet from a manned Security Gate, parked under a street light and the thieves had to drive out the one and only gate to exit the parking lot...!
The thieves drove it out like they owned it... Alarms, coded keys, none of that sh*t matters one bit... Factory equipment is easy to defeat... They got in it, started it and drove away. When it was found several months later with 4000 more miles on it, the glass, ignition switch and door locks were intact. They had been driving it around like they owned it...
As for the cops, forget about them, they are useless. 7 days after my car was stolen I received a Post Card stating the Denver PD doesn't investigate stolen cars and unless I ID'd a suspect or located the car, please don't contact them regarding the status of the car...! Never heard a word from them since even after the car was recovered. My insurance company settled with me for close to the value of the car but covered NONE of the mods ( extensive ) except the cost of window tint, stainless exhaust and tires... (..?) The best part is several months after it was recovered, it showed up on a Dealers lot in Denver "with a clear CarFax and Tittle" ... The insurance company auctioned it off to a dealer in Wyoming and 22 days later, he sold it to the dealer in Denver... Un-be-*******g-lievable...!
Old 01-07-2008, 06:13 PM

CLS63, GLK350
Originally Posted by sdunham
My condolences on your nightmare... Been there, done that. Had my C5 Coupe stolen during the Bon Jovi concert from the Pepsi Center in Denver a few years back. You learn alot about the "system" once you are a victim.
For instance the Pepsi Center Security, even though they had 360 degree video coverage of the Pepsi Center, wasn't willing to look over video tapes to see how the car was stolen even though it was 200 feet from a manned Security Gate, parked under a street light and the thieves had to drive out the one and only gate to exit the parking lot...!
The thieves drove it out like they owned it... Alarms, coded keys, none of that sh*t matters one bit... Factory equipment is easy to defeat... They got in it, started it and drove away. When it was found several months later with 4000 more miles on it, the glass, ignition switch and door locks were intact. They had been driving it around like they owned it...
As for the cops, forget about them, they are useless. 7 days after my car was stolen I received a Post Card stating the Denver PD doesn't investigate stolen cars and unless I ID'd a suspect or located the car, please don't contact them regarding the status of the car...! Never heard a word from them since even after the car was recovered. My insurance company settled with me for close to the value of the car but covered NONE of the mods ( extensive ) except the cost of window tint, stainless exhaust and tires... (..?) The best part is several months after it was recovered, it showed up on a Dealers lot in Denver "with a clear CarFax and Tittle" ... The insurance company auctioned it off to a dealer in Wyoming and 22 days later, he sold it to the dealer in Denver... Un-be-*******g-lievable...!
How did they find it? if it had a clear title and had been sold twice once by a MB dealer and another through auction?
Old 01-07-2008, 06:59 PM

Young man get a grip don't come at me with that candy *** fairy crap that u have to say about Americans, maybe somebody needs to humble you a great deal before you start running ur mouth. I see no issues with protecting your individual investments, i'm not a rich fella I earned my SL 55 and my CL 55, Two back to back wars Afghanistan and Iraq so please choose ur words wisely i've already spilled blood for my country. Take it easy I still Love what you all in the UK have going on.
SFC, Pearson
U.S. Army Ranger!
Old 01-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Almost a Member!

This guy obviously is bull****ting all of us hence his absence. These cars are incredibly difficult to steal and he wanted to sell this car. This is either insurance fraud or he had a buddy steal it and this elaborate story is so he has witnesses.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:10 PM

M Cars, old Corvettes, other old Detroit Muscle, etc.
Originally Posted by PrenupTB
This guy obviously is bull****ting all of us hence his absence. These cars are incredibly difficult to steal and he wanted to sell this car. This is either insurance fraud or he had a buddy steal it and this elaborate story is so he has witnesses.
Like commented earlier .... I wonder how well he really knew his girlfriend at that time (and thus her friends, etc)?
Old 01-07-2008, 07:25 PM

Black 'O8 SL55, Black GL450 loaded
Young man get a grip don't come at me with that candy *** fairy crap that u have to say about Americans, maybe somebody needs to humble you a great deal before you start running ur mouth. I see no issues with protecting your individual investments, i'm not a rich fella I earned my SL 55 and my CL 55, Two back to back wars Afghanistan and Iraq so please choose ur words wisely i've already spilled blood for my country. Take it easy I still Love what you all in the UK have going on.
SFC, Pearson
U.S. Army Ranger!

Thank you................ for the post and more importantly, your service.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1967 Morris Cooper "S", 1983 911SC, 1997 Toyota Tacoma, 1999 HD FXSTB, 1998 C43

typical UK limey - sheep
Old 01-07-2008, 09:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by StapleGun
typical UK limey - sheep
They're not all like phonetics and neither are all Americans like Jerry Springer.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by PrenupTB
Yeah you have a point, I feel like an idiot
Old 01-07-2008, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by xraes
Thank you................ for the post and more importantly, your service.
You are welcome, however we all have a job to do in our daily lives mine just happens to be doing bad things to bad people
Old 01-07-2008, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 ML BT
You are welcome, however we all have a job to do in our daily lives mine just happens to be doing bad things to bad people
Thanks, you rock! Be safe.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:57 PM

08' cls550 08 bmw m6 conv
maybe speed thrills is in jail for insurance fraud..
Old 01-28-2008, 12:20 AM

CLS63, GLK350
Originally Posted by e3202nv
That would explain his disappearance, stolen SL's would be very rare. seems pretty
Old 01-28-2008, 09:31 AM

Steel Grey 2012 ML350 is wife's
Originally Posted by e3202nv
Originally Posted by SL2003driver
That would explain his disappearance, stolen SL's would be very rare. seems pretty
Maybe the reason he doesn't visit this SL forum is due to his no longer owning an SL
Old 01-28-2008, 02:36 PM

M Cars, old Corvettes, other old Detroit Muscle, etc.
Originally Posted by gocargo
Maybe the reason he doesn't visit this SL forum is due to his no longer owning an SL
+1
Old 01-29-2008, 02:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Car Whore
Originally Posted by gocargo
boooshiat