SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Havoc's SL55 AMG Build Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-03-2011, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55 2005
Originally Posted by kamilclk430
I just sat here and read this thread for the first time. I started on the 1st page about an hour or so ago. This is just crazy.

HAVOC you are my idol hehehe

I gotta tell you brother I never seen anyone have a build that took even half the time of what yours is taking. Best of luck to you and I hope everything turns out just like you plan.

I have seen guys do huge builds in other make cars and after the so called huge builds they ended up with a headache of something always braking of them running slow times at the track.

Best of luck again
lol TOok me an hour myself... some krazy **** havoc... by the way now we know where evosport got the idea for top moounted intercoolers lol.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
Originally Posted by Thericker
Totally sick bra!! I just saw these on Evo's thread friggn look soo nice & oem yet aggressive! I'd buy a set in Red w/blk lettering if they made a set large enough for upgrades from Speedriven!

Once again so stoked to see this project rising from the Vadim ashes (his top mounts looked like ****, ie the back of my Beer fridge in garage comes to mind lol)

But these Top mounts from Evo are just awesummm
Originally Posted by AMGfan
Havoc...I'm glad a resolution is around the corner. Those Evosport intercoolers look purty...
Originally Posted by chawkins2001
Havoc, this build is longer than almost any car I have ever kept, props to you brother.
Thanks for your support Guys!!

Evosport’s TMCs looks very impressive and hopefully they perform as well as they look. Seems as though I bit off more than I can chew since the Titanium connecting rods in conjunction with the custom oversized pistons which need to be fly-cut to accept the oversized valves and to include the PTE larger spec cams is taking FOREVER!!!! Evosport has been knee deep in everything and Brad has kept me posted with the coordination of all parties involved which makes it seem we’re SO close, but yet we’re SO far. Wish I had an update for you guys..
Old 10-27-2011, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
Originally Posted by kamilclk430
I just sat here and read this thread for the first time. I started on the 1st page about an hour or so ago. This is just crazy.

HAVOC you are my idol hehehe

I gotta tell you brother I never seen anyone have a build that took even half the time of what yours is taking. Best of luck to you and I hope everything turns out just like you plan.

I have seen guys do huge builds in other make cars and after the so called huge builds they ended up with a headache of something always braking of them running slow times at the track.

Best of luck again
Originally Posted by alexoE55
lol TOok me an hour myself... some krazy **** havoc... by the way now we know where evosport got the idea for top moounted intercoolers lol.
Thanks a lot guys!

Yeah, this is one HELL of a build and a thread, not sure which one is longer or more impressive! LOL!! I’m back to square one so it can’t get any worse than this. Evosport has found a few MAJOR issues with the VRP build which they have been correcting, so that in itself is a huge plus. I'm still very excited about this build and can't wait to have a fully built high boost 55K!

…and for what it’s worth, I not only pushed the TMCs for the 55K, but I also pushed for a larger blower which is about to be released. Hey, I’m all about making the 55k King of the Hill and try to out power those V12 TT Guys!!
Old 10-27-2011, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by Havoc
Not surprisingly, Evosport has found a few MAJOR issues with the VRP build which they have been correcting, so that in itself is a huge bill.
There ya go Havoc bro all fixed ...j/k man hope all is well and best of luck to you brother
Old 10-27-2011, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Sunir
There ya go Havoc bro all fixed ...j/k man hope all is well and best of luck to you brother
Yeah, Shocking right$$ Victor and Vadim were like Kings back then, and now, where are they?? No where$$ Regardless, it SUCKS to be them!! Ba$tard$!!
Old 10-27-2011, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
Have Vadim / victor gone bust? What a bunch of knob jockeys
Old 10-27-2011, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by Maverick1975
Truly a shame...
Old 10-28-2011, 02:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Maverick1975
Yeah, they have gone bust. Both went through a lot and hit rock bottom, but that's no excuse for conducting sketchy business. I actually keep in contact with Vadim in the event he ever gets in a position to pay me back. I've been trying to do the same with Victor, but it's going on 2 years since I spoke with him last. No reason to get my panties all twisted up and not speak with these punks head on.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
Isn't their site still up? How much do they owe you?
Old 10-28-2011, 06:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by e500slr
Isn't their site still up? How much do they owe you?
The website might still be up, but I wouldn't order anything unless you want to give a donation in the name of "The Havoc Fund".
Old 10-28-2011, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Yeah, they have gone bust. Both went through a lot and hit rock bottom, but that's no excuse for conducting sketchy business. I actually keep in contact with Vadim in the event he ever gets in a position to pay me back. I've been trying to do the same with Victor, but it's going on 2 years since I spoke with him last. No reason to get my panties all twisted up and not speak with these punks head on.
You're truly a kewl kat bud, you've taken the high road so many times regarding these matters. Pay-Back can be made several ways

Last edited by Thericker; 10-28-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
Read this thread, the cash put into this build is not what amazes me. Just watch some Dubai vids. :rofl:

It is the time and lack of progress on the shops, I would never have the patience for this. Threads like this is what makes me stick to just bolt ons.

Havoc, hope everything works out and you get the beast of an SL55 you were looking for.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Nachtsturm
Read this thread, the cash put into this build is not what amazes me. Just watch some Dubai vids. :rofl:

It is the time and lack of progress on the shops, I would never have the patience for this. Threads like this is what makes me stick to just bolt ons.

Havoc, hope everything works out and you get the beast of an SL55 you were looking for.
Thanks Nachtsturm and I appreciate your support!

Yeah, each project manager I had has failed me in a royal way and the fact that I’m stateside only 3 months out of a year seems as though they just put my build on the side knowing that I’m not home much. I don’t have eyes on my build nor am I touching a wrench helping out so I can only rely on the guys I choose. I just happen to come in contact with people that take advantage of the situation and can’t deliver on their promise and when they do something terribly wrong happens to their product. My major failure was going with Victor and Vadim (VRP) from the start. Victor built my bottom end which I had issues from day one and now I decided to scrap it. Vadim just couldn’t deliver on all the fabrications from top mounted coolers to long tube headers. Oh well, I obviously wouldn’t have gone with them if I knew this would have been the outcome but I took a chance since I knew they have never took on such a build. Would of, could of, should of… at the end of the day I have no regrets and I’m moving forward!
Old 02-17-2012, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Update

I decided to scrap my bottom end which was built by VRP due to so many issues. The piston skirts now show wear from coming in contact with the block because the cylinder sleeves are not long enough. The sleeves need to be replaced with slightly longer sleeves. This can be done, but I decided not to put anymore money into this bottom end and go a different route. I plan to purchase a used 55K and keep the block and crank stock and replace the pistons and rods out with forged pieces that are stronger and lighter. I also decided not to go with Ti rods only because I’m using that money to go toward purchasing another motor.

Victor and I originally wanted to add turbos to the build which was the reason to sleeve the cylinders. Since then I scrapped the idea of adding turbos and therefore don’t think sleeving a new engine is needed. I like the fact that our stock cylinders produce less friction, run cooler and last longer than iron cylinders, so I’m keeping it that way. Also, to ensure the stock cylinders are strong enough to handle as much supercharged boost I can throw at it I won’t go with larger pistons and will keep the compression the same as stock. This makes my build a lot less complicated.

I’m still using my VRP race ported heads with larger valves and PTE cams and everything else as plan with perhaps an extra surprise or two!

Stay posted if you dare!
Old 02-17-2012, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Havoc bro I am selling mine...if you want a reliable Rocket of an SL55 this is the one ...no worries...already done and runs and looks beautiful, just gas and go...dragstrip, out on the town, cruise w top down and make kills anywhere...done!

https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...-maryland.html
Old 02-17-2012, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Just read this whole thread, all I gotta say is this as an EPIC build!!
Havoc, my hats off to you good sir.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Havoc bro I am selling mine...if you want a reliable Rocket of an SL55 this is the one ...no worries...already done and runs and looks beautiful, just gas and go...dragstrip, out on the town, cruise w top down and make kills anywhere...done!

https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...-maryland.html
Thanks for the offer Sunir, you have an amazing SL55 there that anyone would be grateful to own. Sorry to hear you're selling such a beast though someone will benefit!

Sorry, but I already have the car and with only 20K miles on it, it still looks and smells new in and looks new out. I paid Evosport in full over a year ago for my build so this is not costing me another dime and won't need to put anymore money into it.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by _AMG_
Just read this whole thread, all I gotta say is this as an EPIC build!!
Havoc, my hats off to you good sir.
Thanks AMG, for your support and kind words!
Old 03-30-2012, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My thanks goes out to mertd93 for selling me his used 2005 55K engine with only 35K miles! I have big plans for her and promise to treat her with care. Thanks mertd93!
-My new bottom end build consist of just replacing the pistons and rods out with forged pieces that are stronger and lighter. This is a lot simplar than my original build which makes it less complicated and a speedy build.

And for one of my surprises..
My thanks also goes out to Lelix for selling me his SLR blower! Thanks Lelix!
-My plan here is to use this SLR blower with Evosport's 178mm crank pulley and their TM Coolers and Intake. However, lately I've been thinking about purchasing the SLR Coolers and Intake instead.. decisions! decisions!
Old 04-06-2012, 01:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
Read it again, great thread and you truly didn't deserve the hurt you received since you're such a cool guy and you put so much money into it

Personally I think the problem was the whole 5.7 thing because you relied on too much custom work and clearly the *******s who scammed you didn't know how to get the job done. I think you should've gone with SLR parts straight from the get go. I know they're stupid expensive but they work, they've been proven and tested. See R&D is EVERYTHING.

By the way how much have you spent already? I'd think with the SL55, SLK55 and the cost of this build you could nearly get an actual SLR
Old 04-06-2012, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Thanks for the offer Sunir, you have an amazing SL55 there that anyone would be grateful to own. Sorry to hear you're selling such a beast though someone will benefit!

Sorry, but I already have the car and with only 20K miles on it, it still looks and smells new in and looks new out. I paid Evosport in full over a year ago for my build so this is not costing me another dime and won't need to put anymore money into it.
Thanks for the kind words bro! It's been tough to sell my car, she's modded and even though she's perfect inside/out and drives awesome people are lowballing a lot... I just want to find someone who appreciates all the work and time in this car and loves driving it and enjoying it!

I think you should have the fastest SL55 ever bro, and I hope to see that you do after all is said and done...nobody deserves it more than you!
Old 04-13-2012, 11:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by e500slr
Read it again, great thread and you truly didn't deserve the hurt you received since you're such a cool guy and you put so much money into it

Personally I think the problem was the whole 5.7 thing because you relied on too much custom work and clearly the *******s who scammed you didn't know how to get the job done. I think you should've gone with SLR parts straight from the get go. I know they're stupid expensive but they work, they've been proven and tested. See R&D is EVERYTHING.

By the way how much have you spent already? I'd think with the SL55, SLK55 and the cost of this build you could nearly get an actual SLR
Thanks for your support and kind words e500slr!

Yeah, I totally agree with you that the problem was too much custom work for guys that couldn't deliver, but was very willing to accept my cash.

Oh well, at lest I'm fortunate enough to be in a position to start all over again. I'm excited as ever about starting a new build and I can't wait to have a strong running SL55!
Old 04-13-2012, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks for the kind words bro! It's been tough to sell my car, she's modded and even though she's perfect inside/out and drives awesome people are lowballing a lot... I just want to find someone who appreciates all the work and time in this car and loves driving it and enjoying it!

I think you should have the fastest SL55 ever bro, and I hope to see that you do after all is said and done...nobody deserves it more than you!
Thanks man, but at this point I'll settle for just a strong reliable beast of a SL55 and not necessarily be the fastest.

Selling a one-off modded car is tough, but you just need to be patient for that right guy to find it. You need time on your side since you can't rush a sell like that and getting it posted as much as possible definitely helps out. Best of luck bro!
Old 07-13-2012, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 380 Likes on 345 Posts
00 C200 & 00 C55 & 06 SLK55
WaaaW, what’s a fantastic monster SL55 you have,, can’t imagine haw fun driving it....,,

i read some issue with a VRP heads, what was that..?, cause im interesting to do some CNC-polished & ported Heads,,

do you suggest some good place to go with,, or i think some companies get some EX-changing core........!!

ZAYED,,
Old 05-30-2013, 02:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Update..

With the current negative events at Evosport and lack of progress I decided to have ACG (Automotive Connoisseur Group) complete my engine build. My SL55 arrived at ACG's shop in San Diego yesterday and all my parts are soon to follow.

I look forward to completing this ridiculous never ending build and start enjoying my SL55!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Havoc's SL55 AMG Build Thread