SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Nightmare #2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 12:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL55, CL55, Range Rover, Lexus LX470
Nightmare #2

OK guy's, remember when I stated in my previous post on "nightmare at the Drag Strip yesterday" that I have no luck at all? Well this morning I finished bleeding the IC pump in my SL and took her for a test run out in the country.
Well apparently I failed to Recon the area of operation, because I got hammered for doing 105 in a 45 by a Sheriff deputy, OuuuuuuCH! I was thinking what could possibly go wrong out in the country were nobody hardly ever travels, the Luck of the Irish Huh? Well it's safe to say that my old A_ _ had to instantly hire an attorney to save my butt for my Aug 27Th court appearance. The sad thing is, I won't stop speeding, it is what it is.

The only reason he did not haul me off to jail is because he knew I survived to near Ambushes, one in Iraq and one in Afghanistan, so I guess he felt that he'd give me a break.

Last edited by charles pearson; 06-26-2009 at 12:24 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Well, it appears as if the old girl is running well!

Sorry you got clipped. Be careful out there!
Old 06-26-2009, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by IngenereAMG
Well, it appears as if the old girl is running well!

Sorry you got clipped. Be careful out there!
Thanks Dino, all jokes aside, I deserved it. As a man you have to except responsibility for your actions, I knew better, just bad judgement on my behalf.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Charles! No more nightmares! How about some good stuff?! haha! glad to hear the car is running well again!
Old 06-26-2009, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by jturkel
Charles! No more nightmares! How about some good stuff?! haha! glad to hear the car is running well again!
Yeah Man, she's getting there. I have a few more things to do and she will be straight.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 amg
ouch i got clipped for 99 on a 55 last weekend, hired n attorney myself. good luck with it, keep us posted
Old 06-26-2009, 02:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG
Ouch man, it's hard staying under the speed limit with these AMG's..
Old 06-26-2009, 02:58 PM

'95 S500 '93 500 SEL
I was expecting to read about IC pump problems... but this, a speeding ticket! Its definitely bitter sweet!

Congrats on getting your AMG back to health!

Kevin
Old 06-26-2009, 04:44 PM

SL55 M45 Jeep Commander
Wow... And I thought i had some bad luck...

Look, what you need to do is light a bunch of candles around your house.

Find a virigin and offer her to the bad "Ju Ju" gods and

Say a handful of Hail Mary's praying for a Judge who is a veteran

That should fix your problems....

Good luck and thank you for your service to our great country...

Dan
(Former Marine)
Old 06-26-2009, 08:36 PM

sl 55 amg
ouch !! Well atleast you know it can run LOL Glad to hear its running well. Time for a radar . Thanks for your service.
The price of freedom is NOT free.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:52 PM

1999 mercedez
thanks for sharing!.....
Old 06-26-2009, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by jOwaBelz
thanks for sharing!.....
????? I don't understand what you are trying to say.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by mikesSL55fla
ouch !! Well atleast you know it can run LOL Glad to hear its running well. Time for a radar . Thanks for your service.
The price of freedom is NOT free.
No, Freedom is never free, thanks for your comment, at least you all respect soldiers, Marines, Sailors, and Airmen. Cops really could care less. You know what the funny thing is, I look at them with disgust, not because I was wrong for speeding and got caught, but for their pompous and arrogant demeanor that they display.
Most of them are fat and out of shape, I want to walk up to them so bad just to inform them that they are not that important really, I possess a unique set of skills that far out weighs their competence level and use of discretion when dealing with the public here. If they want to impress me, know how to employ various weapon systems and conduct real world missions with Seal teams and Delta operators who are far more advanced than their pathetic butts are.
They should try foot marching over difficult terrain just to find, fix, and finish the enemy in Close Quarters Combat. Not all cops are like that, but these backyard country cops would not survive two days with my team during combat operations with minimal sleep and back to back ops in hostile territory.
They have nothing else better to do other than to patrol a 3 mile piece of terrain on I-85 and hammer those poor out of state drivers just to gain revenue for the county. I can't respect that, especially when they give me dirty looks when I'm in the SL, it's seems as if they want to race me and show me what their little American made Dodge Charger can do, as if I gave a flying F_ _ K. BTW Radar Detectors are illegal in VA.

Last edited by charles pearson; 06-27-2009 at 06:51 AM.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by thatguy55amg
ouch i got clipped for 99 on a 55 last weekend, hired n attorney myself. good luck with it, keep us posted
Will do. When I lived in GA, I have only been stopped one time in 4 years, since I moved here to VA, I have received three tickets in one year, two of them for reckless driving, both doing well over the posted speed limit. Than one candy A_ _ fairy DA. Defense Officer gave me one for doing 8 mph over the limit in a 45 out at FT. Lee
Old 06-27-2009, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by AhMyGawd
Wow... And I thought i had some bad luck...

Look, what you need to do is light a bunch of candles around your house.

Find a virigin and offer her to the bad "Ju Ju" gods and

Say a handful of Hail Mary's praying for a Judge who is a veteran

That should fix your problems....

Good luck and thank you for your service to our great country...

Dan (Former Marine)
Yeah Thanks Bro, that would be nice, but we military guy's can't keep expecting the courts to have sympathy for us just because we serve, what about all of the poor civilians who get clipped by the boy's in Pink?
Old 06-27-2009, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by kevinpuri
I was expecting to read about IC pump problems... but this, a speeding ticket! Its definitely bitter sweet!

Congrats on getting your AMG back to health!

Kevin
Thanks.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by sikhkd
Ouch man, it's hard staying under the speed limit with these AMG's..
My problem is that I only get caught Gunning it, I never get one for speeding at a sustained rate of speed. I will travel 11 hours straight on my way to Disney World in Florida and won't get stopped one time, but the minute I hot dog it, I become a Fuzz magnet, Hell just this past year i'm sure some Police commisioner got a raise just by all the revenue that I have generated for the Force.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:30 PM

VA cops are notorious.... I lived in CA for 6 yrs not a single ticket.. moved to VA for two years for work and got two tickets in one month... they are the shadiest cops out there... they waited at 45 to 25 transition zone and gave me a ticket as soon as i got into 25 zone.. (i was doing 45). Another thing was at the down hill. You know it's gonna go a bit faster when you go down hill and they waited at the point where the ascend become decend so never got to brake ... ( i was again barely over 45) ... Oh how i wish I can pay them back someday... stupid dumb meat heads... well sorry to hear about your ticket.. be safe...
Old 06-27-2009, 02:24 PM

Location: Lynnwood in summer, Fountain Hills during the rainy season in Wa.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 Maserati QP EGT, 2005 SL55AMG , 2002 CLK55AMG 2002 C230K Coupe
;-)

Last edited by BeltFedBob; 06-27-2009 at 08:33 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by BeltFedBob
Painting all cops with a pretty broad brush there cowboy. Not all of us are "pompous and arrogant". Most of us did our time for Uncle Sugar, myself in SEA doing ECM and photo recon.

You said it yourself, you failed to do proper recon of the AO. So don't blame the cop for your error in judgment he was just doing was his superior officer tasked him with as you are tasked with meeting new friends in foreign lands and killing them.

Good luck with court, I hope you make out ok. All I have left to say is "do you have any further questions of me"? "Fine, have a safe day and slow it down."
Hello, maybe I failed to make myself clear. As I stated in my previous post, not all cops are like that, furthermore I had gone on to say that I except full responsibility for my actions. I never mentioned blaming the cop who happened to be running radar that morning, it's the big picture thing, are you tracking? So let's not get into a pissing contest here. Oh, you might not want to believe this, but guess what, I served as a sworn officer for three years in Baltimore City MD. back in the day, I turned in my shield, badge, and my side arm after I realized what type of shady crap was going on amongst fellow officers in the big city. You know just as well as I do, you get plenty of bad apples on the force, and the polygraph is just a tool for hiring purposes, that alone will not weed the bad ones out. So dear Sir, trust me, you will know if I have any further questions of you. Ranger Out!
Old 06-27-2009, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Commonwealth of VA cops are truly the worst; especially in NoVa and on the dulles tollroad. VA has upped their penalties as well. I try not to speed in the commonwealth, it's hard but whenever I go to VA beach or through the place I try to drive within reason...flow of traffic etc...oh yeah vehicle matters in VA; I could be doing 80-90 in my Dodge Cummins Diesel truck (use it to town the race car) and not even get looked at by cops; the SL, bimmer or anything else, POW! pull over

Hang in there Charles....brother your due for some good luck soon!

Last edited by Sunir; 06-27-2009 at 08:23 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Sunir
Commonwealth of VA cops are truly the worst; especially in NoVa and on the dulles tollroad. VA has upped their penalties as well. I try not to speed in the commonwealth, it's hard but whenever I go to VA beach or through the place I try to drive within reason...flow of traffic etc...oh yeah vehicle matters in VA; I could be doing 80-90 in my Dodge Cummins Diesel truck (use it to town the race car) and not even get looked at by cops; the SL, bimmer or anything else, POW! pull over

Hang in there Charles....brother your due for some good luck soon!
Thanks Bro, you know this guy here "Belt FedBob", should read the entire thread before trying to reason with a guy like me, he kinda pissed me off, I hope he understands that he can't intimidate a guy like me with his comical gestures, I don't frighten easy, so therefore he doesn't get any points for his last post in response to me. I have nothing against cops and I understand that they have to follow orders, but I was not implying that they all were pompous and arrogant, I made that clear! Anyway, check this out. I just found out today that this one cop here in Dinwiddi who drives an unmarked blue Dodge Charger, spent money out of his own pocket to install a performance chip in that car, WTF? Now I know, especially being a former officer myself, you are not allowed to modify a state or city owned squad car. He has no right to do that. Now this is the killer part and I really can't back this up because it's rumor control, but a real good friend of mine who knows someone who works on these cars for the department, witnessed this cop test running his Charger at 135 mph on a back road here in Dinwiddi. "A back road like the one I was test driving on, WTF Over? So if it is OK for him to do this, why do I feel like I just robbed a bank? Yes I have taken into consideration of the fact that how does this guy know he ran 135 mph without running radar on him, but for some reason I believe that there is some truth to this. You know the cop that wrote me the other day actually crossed the line, by verbally stating, "if I owned a car like this, I probably wood be test running it also, but I would also be signing for a ticket also". I kinda raised a brow at him when he told me that. From a professional perspective, he should of kept that statement to himself.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:51 AM

Talking Update on my traffic offense, 105 in a 45.

Hello all, just to keep you posted on the latest of the greatest, I appeared in court today in Virginia and walked away with a $2,000.00 fine, no suspension, and no jail time. As happy as I am, it's sad that it's all about money and not safety with traffic infractions. If you recall I was clipped for doing a 105 mph in a 45 mph zone out in the country while test running the SL. I definitely live in the country, while I chew Copenhagen snuff, so do the cops inside of the court room, man that's disrespectful wouldn't you say?
Old 08-27-2009, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Since when was ever not 'just about the money'?

It looks like it worked out mostly ok. Did you bring a lawyer? How is the car running?
Old 08-27-2009, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by IngenereAMG
Since when was ever not 'just about the money'?

It looks like it worked out mostly ok. Did you bring a lawyer? How is the car running?
Yes I had to have an attorney and a good one at that. The car is running good, but I just bent one of my wheels running over a pothole and now I am having a hard time deciding on a new 20" wide lip wheel, i'm looking for the 5 star effect now.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Nightmare #2