SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: 360 // Concave // Mesh // Pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi S5
360 // Concave // Mesh // Pics

Old 11-03-2009, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Posted in the w211 forum...this wheel is just like the CSL M3 bmw factory wheel, even in it's concave shape and mesh design...

design is "been there done that" ...no innovation here IMO...plus the mesh w/polish would be hard to keep clean and probably wont look as good as a 5 spoke on a R230 chassis SL...again just opinions
Old 11-03-2009, 08:00 PM

Audi S5
Originally Posted by Sunir
Posted in the w211 forum...this wheel is just like the CSL M3 bmw factory wheel, even in it's concave shape and mesh design...

design is "been there done that" ...no innovation here IMO...plus the mesh w/polish would be hard to keep clean and probably wont look as good as a 5 spoke on a R230 chassis SL...again just opinions
as far as a 3-piece wheel application, don't know of anyone that's offering something like this. i do agree that maybe a mesh is not the best option for the w211 though..
Old 11-03-2009, 08:14 PM

2005 SL55 AMG, 1986 Porsche 930S, 1996 Porsche 993tt
wheels looks very nice, but agree will not look nice on SL. This type of wheels looks better on BMW & Porsche.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:54 AM

2003 S600, 1988 RX-7 single turbo vert, 1998 BMW 740IL
Yeah I looked over your site and I did not see anything that jumped out as a must have.

Your line up is going to be pretty weak for SEMA.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:55 AM

Audi S5
Originally Posted by Rick SL55
wheels looks very nice, but agree will not look nice on SL. This type of wheels looks better on BMW & Porsche.
how about this one?

Old 11-04-2009, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
You've got a link to 360 Forged (which I heard was out of business, or bought out or something...there were issues with dissatisfied customers)

You also have links to Modular Concepts and System Forged

are these 3 the manufacturers which you've consolidated into a distributorship under one umbrella brand..is that's what's going on here?

1) who is responsible for quality and workmanship?

2) who is responsible for timely shipping?

3) who is responsilel for customer service related issues?

for 1 - 3 above, are you (the distributer) or each of the three manufacturers responsibel...how does this work?

Pretty snazzy website...although the trend in the wheel industry with tons of choices out there is a snazzy jazzy site with music and what not...I wish more companies would focus on the actual wheels themselves, construction methods, specifications, size & weight charts, pricing, more process oriented information ... you know stuff that actually helps the consumer make a knowledgable decision...

Trending Topics

Old 11-04-2009, 08:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 Ran SRT-10,2007 S550,2016 E400c
So who is copying who..... These look just like the new avd1 designs which is thought up by jordan we all heard... what gives
Old 11-04-2009, 08:18 PM

2005 SL55 AMG, 1986 Porsche 930S, 1996 Porsche 993tt
Originally Posted by FORGED DST
how about this one?

those one's really should look very nice on SL.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:20 PM

Looking for CLS55 AMG
they would be great. mostly with the aggressive offsets you can do on the SL.

But i dunno if i would ever want to get 360's given their history
Old 11-04-2009, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
OK, so SEMA is here, so ....

how's about just showing us some real car pix, not teasers.....
Old 11-05-2009, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
There is a fine line between art and science or engineering. Many of these wheel manufacturers have given more focus on the art side of it...however the wheel itself by definition is a part, it has engineering perameters, technical specifications, and tolerences like any other functional device, it too has a purpose.

There are so many companies ripping off designs, getting the same production house to make the wheels, forge the blanks etc...etc...that it seems that we are seeing the same wheels over and over again meanwhile some poor workshop is clammering to produce center sections done for a bevy of retailers (or in this case seems like a distributer of 3 retail brands) who will put on a staggering mark up over cost without controling the manufacturing processes internally...

This is the kind of stuff that makes consumers say "Oh no not another South Florida/Miami wheel maker with flashy pictures, techno music, and loads of promises that will soon either be out of business or heck I don't know what I'm getting for my money... but I sure hope that i get my wheels at all after having paid"....
Old 11-05-2009, 12:54 PM

There is a fine line between art and science or engineering. Many of these wheel manufacturers have given more focus on the art side of it...however the wheel itself by definition is a part, it has engineering perameters, technical specifications, and tolerences like any other functional device, it too has a purpose.

There are so many companies ripping off designs, getting the same production house to make the wheels, forge the blanks etc...etc...that it seems that we are seeing the same wheels over and over again meanwhile some poor workshop is clammering to produce center sections done for a bevy of retailers (or in this case seems like a distributer of 3 retail brands) who will put on a staggering mark up over cost without controling the manufacturing processes internally...

This is the kind of stuff that makes consumers say "Oh no not another South Florida/Miami wheel maker with flashy pictures, techno music, and loads of promises that will soon either be out of business or heck I don't know what I'm getting for my money... but I sure hope that i get my wheels at all after having paid"....
ITS AMAZING HOW ONE CAMPANY HAS SINGLE HANDEDLY SCREWED UP AN ENTIRE INDUSTRY. EVERY WHEEL COMANY IN FLORIDA IS NOW SUFFERING BECAUSE OF WHAT 360 DID, SOME OF THEM DESERVINGLY SO, AND SOME OF THEM NOT.

I HAVE HAD GOOD AND BAD EXPIRIENCES WITH FLORIDA WHEEL COMPANIES, I AM IN THE WHEEL AND TIRE BUSINESS AND WE MANUFACTURE OUR OWN WHEELS AND TIRES, BUT WE DO TRUCK, JEEP ADN SUV STUFF NOT CARS, BUT THE INDUSTRY IS THE SAME. SOME THIGNS YOU MAY OR MAY NOT KNOW.

90% OF ALL MULTI PIECE WHEELS ARE MADE BY ONE COMPANY. ALL THESE GUYS WILL TELL YOU THAY MAKE THEM IN HOUSE, BULL****. MIAMI, CALI, NY IT DOESNT MATTER. THE CENTERS AL ALMOST ALL MADE BY ONE COMPANY AND THEN SENT OFF TO SOMEHWERE ELSE WHERE THEY ARE PAINTED/CLEARED THEN ASSEMBLED.

JUST NOTICED THE CAPS LOCK, GET OVER IT.

i bought a set of wheels from one of these florida companies, promised my wheels in 3 weeks, at about week 4 i started saying "WTF where are my wheels?" week 5 they delivered a set that wasnt the right affset for my car, and they new it, because he just happened to have spacers in the truck with him. i told him no, no spacers, take them back give me my money. called the credit card company, and disputed the charge, got my money back.

being in the business, knowing who i know, i found out that the front wheels were done and sitting at the factory for 2 weeks before they were picked up, because the bill hadnt been paid, they just ordered me fronts because they were trying to pass off a set of used rears on me they had been stuck with.

a week or so later, another guy i know who works at a different south fliorida wheel company ordered me another set for my car, different wheel, but came from the same factory. difference is ,i was promised 3 weeks, and had them in 3. hand delivered, kept in the loop pth eentire processes. wasnt lied to , given options on shipping so i coulf have them when i wanted, the complete opposite of my original expirence with the first company.

yes some of these companies are very tight with the 360 forged nightmare, but not all of them. there are still very good people to do business with in south florida for wheels, you just have to know who is who.

i also know what is costs to make some of these wheels, the markup by some of these companies is astronomical to me. people are gettin well over 1k a wheel for a one piece wheel, its insane. just because you call it monoblock doesnt mean it isnt cheap to build. a cast one piece wheel is a cast one piece wheel, and thats not going to change.

multi piece forged wheels do cost a lot more to make, but i have seen 2 different companies with almost identical wheels. i know 100% for a fact they come from the same exact factory. one guy charges 1300 a wheel, the other 2k a wheel. everyoen claims they make them in house, but thats bull****, they have the same cost. soem companies are alot greedier than others. it cracks me up when people play HUGE money for a wheel they think is a better brand than another whenin reality its the saem exact product.

FORGIVE MY YPING, NO TIME TO PROOFREAD TODAY
Old 11-05-2009, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
GFEAR ...you're correct....I've had good dealings with CCW in the past. John's made my current set of 19's and I'm happy with them.

I agree and also know that almost every multipeice wheels, centers and forgings are made by the same company and sent out to all the "assemblers" who retail these wheels; and yeah if they claim it's in house that's not true like you pointed out...in face John told me the same thing as you talked about.

I like the ADV1 - 5 spokes but they are too now ao I am a bit skeptic on buying...I'm gonna wait and see how AMGfans results/experiences go

I'm not saying that all the S. Flordia wheel companies are bad; I agree in that it's who you know and trust...and there are some companies that do have a great reputation as well, like CCW whom I've used (although they are in Daytona) ....I think COR is from Miami and they have a good rep also...there are many more...I don't know all that went down w/360, all I know is that some people were effected by them so as buyers that concerns all of us...
Old 11-05-2009, 01:45 PM

I THINK THE ADV IS A FANTASTIC LOOKING WHEEL. I ALSO THINK IT IS SOOOOOO EXPENSIVE FOR WHAT IT IS. IF THE SAME WHEEL WAS MADE FOR MUSTANGS THEY WOULD BE $200 A WHEEL NOT 2K
Old 11-05-2009, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by GFEAR
I THINK THE ADV IS A FANTASTIC LOOKING WHEEL. I ALSO THINK IT IS SOOOOOO EXPENSIVE FOR WHAT IT IS. IF THE SAME WHEEL WAS MADE FOR MUSTANGS THEY WOULD BE $200 A WHEEL NOT 2K
TOTALLY AGREE!!!
Old 11-07-2009, 07:41 PM

TOTALLY AGREE!!!
wait till it gets out that the adv1 wheels are 360's newline and nobody knows that
Old 11-09-2009, 09:50 AM

Audi S5
You've got a link to 360 Forged (which I heard was out of business, or bought out or something...there were issues with dissatisfied customers)

You also have links to Modular Concepts and System Forged

are these 3 the manufacturers which you've consolidated into a distributorship under one umbrella brand..is that's what's going on here?

1) who is responsible for quality and workmanship?

2) who is responsible for timely shipping?

3) who is responsilel for customer service related issues?

for 1 - 3 above, are you (the distributer) or each of the three manufacturers responsibel...how does this work?

Pretty snazzy website...although the trend in the wheel industry with tons of choices out there is a snazzy jazzy site with music and what not...I wish more companies would focus on the actual wheels themselves, construction methods, specifications, size & weight charts, pricing, more process oriented information ... you know stuff that actually helps the consumer make a knowledgable decision...
we've been manufacturing modular concept wheels for over 2 years now. we've recently assumed 360 forged and system forged. we created forged distributing as an umbrella company to distribute the 3 lines we now manufacture. we are are responsible for everything....
Old 11-09-2009, 09:51 AM

Audi S5
Originally Posted by hcetzneb
So who is copying who..... These look just like the new avd1 designs which is thought up by jordan we all heard... what gives
the concave series has been in development for over 6 months. jordan began working on it while he was at 360 forged. it was completed after he was gone...
Old 11-09-2009, 10:03 AM

Audi S5
wait till it gets out that the adv1 wheels are 360's newline and nobody knows that
adv1 has no affiliation with 360 forged. we've assumed the 360 forged product line but not any of it's staff. we have absolutely nothing to do with adv1
Old 11-09-2009, 10:27 AM

WE'LL SEE YOU ARE GONNA HAVE AN UPHILL BATTLE TO GET FAITH BACK FROM THE INTERNET COMMUNITY, TAKE CARE OF PEOPLE AND YOU WONT HAVE A PROBLEM.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:32 PM

Audi S5
WE'LL SEE YOU ARE GONNA HAVE AN UPHILL BATTLE TO GET FAITH BACK FROM THE INTERNET COMMUNITY, TAKE CARE OF PEOPLE AND YOU WONT HAVE A PROBLEM.
will do..
Old 11-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Banned

SL600
Any pics of the any of the two wheels here mounted on an SL?
Old 11-12-2009, 08:07 PM

Audi S5
Originally Posted by Akademiks
Any pics of the any of the two wheels here mounted on an SL?
not as of now. we've just released them. as soon as we start getting them on some cars we'll get some pictures for you guys....