SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Operation WIDEBODY IN FULL EFFECT!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL500 R230
thericker,
you are my personal hero now...ive been waiting for a true widebody build and gotta be honest was taken in by sarona at first but you shut him down big time. i got a lowly sl500 and would never dream of being a tool and having it redone to mimic the black beauty w/o the proper ingredients under the hood. i am sort of on the fence about the middle part of the front bumper(the carbon part that is a lil further in) but maybe its because i truly hate the color scheme that was used but black should really set it off. i am dying in anticipation of this project. i wish you the best of luck and cant wait to see the monster that you will create.

Last edited by eleven; 09-13-2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by eleven
thericker,
you are my personal hero now...ive been waiting for a true widebody build and gotta be honest was taken in by sarona at first but you shut him down big time. i got a lowly sl500 and would never dream of being a tool and having it redone to mimic the black beauty w/o the proper ingredients under the hood. i am sort of on the fence about the middle part of the front bumper(the carbon part that is a lil further in) but maybe its because i truly hate the color scheme that was used but black should really set it off. i am dying in anticipation of this project. i wish you the best of luck and cant wait to see the monster that you will create.
Yo don't get me wrong, an SL500 or SL550 is a helluva great car, yet INMOP why dress it up & BADGE it SL65 AMG BLACK SERIES (as Sarona did, & 2 others currently sit on FleaBay, look's like the same Sarona built fenders they are goofy thick. They're advertised as SL500/550 yet badged SL65 AMG BLACK SERIES, killa' part iddy-biddy lil' stock 500/550 calipers) If they were up front & deleted BADGING, I'd care less.

Though it's still dressed to KILL w/inappropriate power plant unless heavily modded SL55/600/65 is lurking under ALL those MENACING body panels. Again just my thoughts.. STILL think the proper kit done right, ALONE look's stunning...
Old 09-13-2010, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Ohh SNAP! "Platinum Collision Center" just rolled the SL500 Matte-blk Mishadesigns SLMS outta the booth!
NOT my SL600...But ANOTHER owners SL500..

I'm dyin here!!! This is looking GOOOOOD!!!

Last edited by Thericker; 09-14-2010 at 12:50 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Hey Sean,

Any idea of the ETA on completion of yours?
Old 09-13-2010, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Hey Sean,

Any idea of the ETA on completion of yours?
I was told (2) kits ahead of me the 1 above & another (I don't know what donor model is)

The owner Misha, said Oct 1st was drop off day, the bodyshop across st would need 10 days (I said be safe & take 2 wks) then my Painter gets it in SB for 3 wks, if ALL goes as planned early NOV..

But ***** happens, so I'm just happy to be on the Roster @ this point, my Mishadesigns Kit is being built as we speak.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 SL600, 2016 ES300h, 2012 Hayabusa
wow, that is really good work from what I can see.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Wow this quick work... it sucks to be without your car for long period(s) of time
Old 09-14-2010, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Sunir
Wow this quick work... it sucks to be without your car for long period(s) of time
Not my SL bud... Another customers SL500 ahead of me. My kit wont be in until Oct
Old 09-14-2010, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Just seen this sneaky build. Sounds awesome Sean. With a month of downtime for the V12 it seems like the perfect time to grab yourself a Cummins I6 and pump that thing up to 600/1000, not that you don't already have a sweet F250 it's I just think the planet needs another black smoke belching diesel. Hit me up this week, sounds like there's some stuff to catch up on. This conversion is going to look sweet and with your mods it'll pull it off perfectly.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
Just seen this sneaky build. Sounds awesome Sean. With a month of downtime for the V12 it seems like the perfect time to grab yourself a Cummins I6 and pump that thing up to 600/1000, not that you don't already have a sweet F250 it's I just think the planet needs another black smoke belching diesel. Hit me up this week, sounds like there's some stuff to catch up on. This conversion is going to look sweet and with your mods it'll pull it off perfectly.
What's up my good brutha! Def hit ur cell soon! I'm gonna haveta wait on selling my F250 this builds taking a bit of funds...

OK who's ready to a DROOL This build is gonna be SICK!! I'm sooo stoked I decided to go ahead & get er' done!! I have Zip file groups of pix, 1 set of SICK 997TT Matte/Blk w/CF Mishadesigns SAME kit w/slight tweaks due to different cars (SAME EXACT carbon fiber rear Diffuser & bumper air-vents)

On ADV.1 Wheels

Love this rear end Dayummm..

(1) of original gold/blk SLMS 55 AMG now in Brilliant silver...Yes hood isn't fully closed.

SL55 above, Doesn't have headlight washer or tow hook cut-outs the LATEST kit has..

Mishadesigns SLMS basic Widebody kit in white...

Last edited by Thericker; 09-14-2010 at 11:32 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Ricker the 997 looks real nice...although I like the kit on the silver 997 tanner drove on supercar challenge in the very first episode. Now that was hot! Does Misha do a kit for 996TT? The 997 in the pics you posted looks great BUT I would probably go for a few less slits and gills for a slightly cleaner look, and just use only slits and gills that were funtional...that lower diffuser is too shallow to be funtional...if you want to see proper rear diffuser design check out the paddock of an ALMS race...the fabrication there by firms like Prodrive, Pratt Miller etc...will blow your mind, and wallet accordingly

The SL looks good also but I have to say dude the rear wheel arch and the wheel, there's some substantial gap there and the car seems to sit a little high, is that a sorting issue with the origianl kits? I like his overall design and looks like fit and finish worked well also.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Ricker the 997 looks real nice...although I like the kit on the silver 997 tanner drove on supercar challenge in the very first episode. Now that was hot! Does Misha do a kit for 996TT? The 997 in the pics you posted looks great BUT I would probably go for a few less slits and gills for a slightly cleaner look, and just use only slits and gills that were funtional...that lower diffuser is too shallow to be funtional...if you want to see proper rear diffuser design check out the paddock of an ALMS race...the fabrication there by firms like Prodrive, Pratt Miller etc...will blow your mind, and wallet accordingly

The SL looks good also but I have to say dude the rear wheel arch and the wheel, there's some substantial gap there and the car seems to sit a little high, is that a sorting issue with the origianl kits? I like his overall design and looks like fit and finish worked well also.
LOL.. I'm in it for the look's these HEAVY pigs aren't meant for ANY road course racing. Stock wheels IE 9" wide vs 12"-13" due for proper fitment..
Old 09-14-2010, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by Thericker
LOL.. I'm in it for the look's these HEAVY pigs aren't meant for ANY road course racing. Stock wheels IE 9" wide vs 12"-13" due for proper fitment..
haha I hear ya! The Misha kit is probably the best option out there for the SL's for wide body kits...I think wheel choice will make the package really come together on this one bro, the right wheels will make the car and the wrong set will make it look odd...can't wait to see your ride. That's what I like about you Ricker you know what you want and you go for it, that's a good way to roll bro!
Old 09-15-2010, 12:08 AM

W124 E500 (RIP), W211 E350 (Sold), R230 SL55 (Current)
What does the price look like on that kit?
Old 09-15-2010, 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
03SL55
Sean GL with the build!! If I may I would like to make a guesstimation on price (kit) 13k to 15k...am I in the ballpark?..and 18 to 21k with install and paint? I like the Prior design and Misha kit due to the fact they don't try and carbon copy the BS. I'm planning on doing the same build would just like to have a reference on pricing..much appreciated!!
Old 09-15-2010, 12:35 AM

2007 Väth SL65 AMG. 2007 BMW Alpina B5s. 2007 BMW M6.
...according to your pics there, these hood vents clearly are integrated with the hood also (as on Viper).
Anybody know where to get hood vents like that..?
Old 09-15-2010, 04:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by maxabo
...according to your pics there, these hood vents clearly are integrated with the hood also (as on Viper).
Anybody know where to get hood vents like that..?
Bro, ONLY way I know of is ask Misha, if he's willing to SELL JUST the hood, you'd need to upgrade to SL63/65 09-10 headlights/frnt fenders/& frnt bumper. INMOP go that far might as well do the whole ENCHILADA

haha I hear ya! The Misha kit is probably the best option out there for the SL's for wide body kits...I think wheel choice will make the package really come together on this one bro, the right wheels will make the car and the wrong set will make it look odd...can't wait to see your ride. That's what I like about you Ricker you know what you want and you go for it, that's a good way to roll bro!
Thanks! you guys will like the wide wheels I end up w/trust me.. PS the STOCK SL63 diffuser isn't functional either, though the rear bumper vents would/will evacuate air & create extra down force

Originally Posted by kustom2k1
Sean GL with the build!! If I may I would like to make a guesstimation on price (kit) 13k to 15k...am I in the ballpark?..and 18 to 21k with install and paint? I like the Prior design and Misha kit due to the fact they don't try and carbon copy the BS. I'm planning on doing the same build would just like to have a reference on pricing..much appreciated!!
Best if you just Contact Mishadesigns.com & ask Misha, or Ray. It's worth every penny to me! I'm modding this sled ALL THE WAY... Speedriven larger Turbo/IC package last 1000+ BHP

Last edited by Thericker; 09-15-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:02 AM

2007 Väth SL65 AMG. 2007 BMW Alpina B5s. 2007 BMW M6.
Bro, ONLY way I know of is ask Misha, if he's willing to SELL JUST the hood, you'd need to upgrade to SL63/65 09-10 headlights/frnt fenders/& frnt bumper. INMOP go that far might as well do the whole ENCHILADA
"Enchilada", he heh hee!
Well, I don't think I'm prepared to go to that extent (with the headlight switch n' stuff)...
Too bad! I then must find my KILLER VENTS elswhere...
If at all possible...
Old 09-15-2010, 09:01 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS55 & 2002 SL55 (R129) Silver Arrow
Nice build, cant wait to see the finished product.

I think wheel choice will make the package really come together on this one bro, the right wheels will make the car and the wrong set will make it look odd...
I agree. Are you going to post pictures of the wheels you've decided to use in your build?
I love the wheels TC-Concepts put on their Black conversion, really finishes the look IMO.

BTW, that silver car you posted looks mean, but that grill and star needs to get the "black out" treatment
Attached Thumbnails Operation WIDEBODY IN FULL EFFECT!-tc-concepts-mercedes-benz-sl65-amg-black-series-09.jpg  

Last edited by Tech-Tune; 09-15-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 SL600, 2016 ES300h, 2012 Hayabusa

Best if you just Contact Mishadesigns.com & ask Misha, or Ray, though you're close, after wheels/new headlights/balasts a bit more...It's worth every penny to me! I'm modding this sled ALL THE WAY... Speedriven larger Turbo/IC package last 1000+ BHP
they have pricing set up for the turbo upgrade? and is that upgrade just new wheels in the manifolds or is it the full upgrade manifolds bigger turbos etc?

I am a gear head and would absolutely love to have that amount of power available, but I'm afraid of warranty issues on anything more than a new wheel. Huge props either way, words can't describe how jealous I am of what your car is going to be....
Old 09-15-2010, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by Tech-Tune
Nice build, cant wait to see the finished product.

I agree. Are you going to post pictures of the wheels you've decided to use in your build?
I love the wheels TC-Concepts put on their Black conversion, really finishes the look IMO.

BTW, that silver car you posted looks mean, but that grill and star needs to get the "black out" treatment
that TC concepts looks AMAZING...I think that's one of the best if not the best Wide body conversions I've seen...and yes the wheels on that car are PERFECT for the WB treatment!!!
Old 09-15-2010, 03:39 PM

Mercedes
Please someone give me some website to order these kit...

thanks,
Old 09-15-2010, 03:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SLK55AMG, SL600
If you can tell hehe,who are making the wheels. Without spoiling your surprise, if not I understand completely. I am the quite type when it comes to what happening with the car as well lol!

Last edited by OUTCAST; 09-15-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by kataboboi
Please someone give me some website to order these kit...

thanks,
Mishadesigns.com

NEMES1S they have pricing set up for the turbo upgrade? and is that upgrade just new wheels in the manifolds or is it the full upgrade manifolds bigger turbos etc?

I am a gear head and would absolutely love to have that amount of power available, but I'm afraid of warranty issues on anything more than a new wheel. Huge props either way, words can't describe how jealous I am of what your car is going to be....
I was ONLY talking about the Body Kit/2010 Headlights & balasts/sneakers/wheels/Install/re-paint/ NO Speedriven hasn't announced kit or pricing, yet
Old 09-15-2010, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by OUTCAST
If you can tell hehe,who are making the wheels. Without spoiling your suprise, if not I understand completely. I am the quite type when it comes to what happening with the car as well lol!
As I said earlier, I'm NOT loaded$$ this project is stretching me a bit. I may have to wait till Nov-Dec to buy the proper wheels this kit deserves, meantime spacers on current 19"s will be used.

Can say this I like to be unique, & have a bit of surprise like you too...Wheels will be SICK 345/30 sneakers out back are a given, Also entire wheel will be MATTE-BLACK

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Operation WIDEBODY IN FULL EFFECT!