SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Mercedes SL65 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mustang v6
Thumbs up Mercedes SL65 AMG

Check out this Coca Cola commercial that a couple of Mercedes enthusiasts made this summer. Also for those of you who like Jaguars there is a Jaguar XKR in the video and at the very end there is even a Dodge Viper. Please Subscribe to the youtube page and comment and thumbs up! Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cyA55UTcRI
Old 09-06-2011, 05:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
996tt
gay.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:34 PM

mustang v6
By the way what do you think is so gay about the video?
Old 09-06-2011, 06:13 PM
PDC

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 SL65 ///AMG - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: 2005 E55; 2002 ML55; 2001 CLK55; 1992 BMW 850i; 1991 M5
Jag Exhaust

The exhaust note on the XKR is positively intoxicating.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:29 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
2005 C55 AMG - 2018 340i - 2006 SL55 AMG - Sold
cool story bro
Old 09-06-2011, 07:09 PM
B R

2010 Taco
Not so much gay, as it is cheesy & cliche, basic story is ok. Also, watch your continuity, it's off .
Old 09-06-2011, 11:28 PM

mustang v6
Ya. We do know this is a pretty common format for a commercial. And the whole video was shot on days far from each other all very quickly due to scheduling with the limited time we had to work with the cars. We did the best we could in terms of continuity with the shots that we had, but thanks for the critique because that is something that we are working on in later videos. We did have fun making it though and that was really the point, along with learning a few new things.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:35 AM

You have 4 posts and you just joined the form. Your only activity has been this thread. You don't work for Coke and you don't drive a Mercedes. This video was not made by "Mercedes enthusiasts." This video was made by amateur film makers and actors and you are trolling the forms trying to get more hits for your you tube video. You used the Jag and SL65 because it was likley the easiest high end cars you had access too.

Your video idea is far from original and the video is far from entertaining. Your posts are nothing more then spam.

You can redeem yourself by posting a video of Mila Kunis stripping while a SL65 does donuts in the background. Otherwise... GTFO!!!!
Old 09-07-2011, 08:26 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
I can see the BMW is strong with in you...

Cheerful you are indeed !

Originally Posted by LukasBMW
You have 4 posts and you just joined the form. Your only activity has been this thread. You don't work for Coke and you don't drive a Mercedes. This video was not made by "Mercedes enthusiasts." This video was made by amateur film makers and actors and you are trolling the forms trying to get more hits for your you tube video. You used the Jag and SL65 because it was likley the easiest high end cars you had access too.

Your video idea is far from original and the video is far from entertaining. Your posts are nothing more then spam.

You can redeem yourself by posting a video of Mila Kunis stripping while a SL65 does donuts in the background. Otherwise... GTFO!!!!
Old 09-07-2011, 08:38 AM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts
Lucas- your stock just went up big time in my book.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML63, ML320
If you don't want honest opinions, you shouldn't publish your video.
Personally, I thought it was sophomoric, without redeeming value, and basically silly.
I wasn't going to comment about it until you started criticizing someone who didn't agree with you.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:31 AM
PDC

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 SL65 ///AMG - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: 2005 E55; 2002 ML55; 2001 CLK55; 1992 BMW 850i; 1991 M5
Still love the sound of the XKR.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:15 PM

mustang v6

One of the reason we posted this video on this forum was to get feedback on the video about what people like and dont like about that, which is working and helping us for the future. And just because i may not have the kind of money that you do to own that car doesnt mean i would if i could. Not everyone can have a lot of money and nice cars like you. I am sorry if it offended you that we posted this video on here, I didnt think it would be such a big deal considering it is a few minute long video and after all it is showing off the Mercedes SL65, which i figured by posting it on a Mercedes forum people would want to see how nice of a car it is.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:19 PM

mustang v6
Originally Posted by jrgator
If you don't want honest opinions, you shouldn't publish your video.
Personally, I thought it was sophomoric, without redeeming value, and basically silly.
I wasn't going to comment about it until you started criticizing someone who didn't agree with you.
I do want honest opinions about our video that is one reason we posted it. And i am not trying to criticize anyone.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:33 PM

ML63, ML320
I'm certainly not suggesting that owning a relatively nice car equates to taste, or especially class. Besides, someone else is always going to have a faster, cooler, more exclusive car. Most of the comments were about the video itself, not its producer. We all like, or dislike, certain forms of art. Doesn't mean we are right; we're just expressing our opinions.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by storeybrad1
One of the reason we posted this video on this forum was to get feedback on the video about what people like and dont like about that, which is working and helping us for the future. And just because i may not have the kind of money that you do to own that car doesnt mean i would if i could. Not everyone can have a lot of money and nice cars like you. I am sorry if it offended you that we posted this video on here, I didnt think it would be such a big deal considering it is a few minute long video and after all it is showing off the Mercedes SL65, which i figured by posting it on a Mercedes forum people would want to see how nice of a car it is.
Congratulations, you just admitted that you tried to intentionally deceive us.

- You don't work for coke
- You are not a "Mercedes enthusiast"
- The video was not made by "Mercedes enthusiasts"
- You joined the forum only to post this video "to get feedback"

I don't give a **** how much money you make or what kind of car you drive. Everyone is welcome to post here as long as they add value to the forum. However, I get very irritated when someone joins a form to push an outside agenda. In this case your UN-original** video was not getting enough youtube hits so you decided to troll the forums.

Trust us...there are far more videos online with more action of SL65's then in your video.

If you want to make lame video's take a cue from my girl IJustine and at LEAST have a hot chick in your video. The video below is boring and lame, but I watch it often because IJustine makes my dick hard:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ijustine#p/u/3/LUwv6PUr3sw

**How many times have we seen coke/pepsi/beer commercials where some dude is sweating and painting a fence (or something), but then takes a sip out of the bottle...and all of a sudden...he is surrounded by strippers, Ferrari's, and a luxury swimming pool with palm trees. Sorry dude, but your idea is not original.

Last edited by LukasBMW; 09-07-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:33 PM

2007 SL55, 2004SL55, 2002 CLK55, 2000 CLK430

Old 09-08-2011, 02:17 PM

mustang v6
I'm certainly not suggesting that owning a relatively nice car equates to taste, or especially class. Besides, someone else is always going to have a faster, cooler, more exclusive car. Most of the comments were about the video itself, not its producer. We all like, or dislike, certain forms of art. Doesn't mean we are right; we're just expressing our opinions.
I definitely agree with you on everything you said.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:24 PM

mustang v6
Congratulations, you just admitted that you tried to intentionally deceive us.

- You don't work for coke
- You are not a "Mercedes enthusiast"
- The video was not made by "Mercedes enthusiasts"
- You joined the forum only to post this video "to get feedback"

I don't give a **** how much money you make or what kind of car you drive. Everyone is welcome to post here as long as they add value to the forum. However, I get very irritated when someone joins a form to push an outside agenda. In this case your UN-original** video was not getting enough youtube hits so you decided to troll the forums.

Trust us...there are far more videos online with more action of SL65's then in your video.

If you want to make lame video's take a cue from my girl IJustine and at LEAST have a hot chick in your video. The video below is boring and lame, but I watch it often because IJustine makes my dick hard:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ijustine#p/u/3/LUwv6PUr3sw

**How many times have we seen coke/pepsi/beer commercials where some dude is sweating and painting a fence (or something), but then takes a sip out of the bottle...and all of a sudden...he is surrounded by strippers, Ferrari's, and a luxury swimming pool with palm trees. Sorry dude, but your idea is not original.
First of all my youtube video was getting plenty of views i was not worried about that at all. And second of all you are right i am welcome to post whatever i want here and i have not yet but in the future when i have more time to look around i will be posting to other peoples stuff. And the video may be lame to you but that doesnt mean that it is lame to everyone... not everyone is perverted and watches youtube videos of girl just talking in order to get hard from it. Im sorry i "forced" you to watch the short 3 minute long video that i posted and wanted to know what people thought of it. If you have a problem with it then just dont watch it or comment on it.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 559 Likes on 369 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
LOL 800+ views is plenty? I got a few thousand when I posted a video of me running a mag through my HK45. Cool story bro.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:15 PM

mustang v6
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
LOL 800+ views is plenty? I got a few thousand when I posted a video of me running a mag through my HK45. Cool story bro.
Haha your right 800+ is not a lot but that is only the first week of being posted on there. We are getting a good 40+ views a day still. Do yo have the link to the video you posted?
Old 09-08-2011, 03:24 PM

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS
Ok, folks, attaching the boy for having the "audacity" to post here is over the top. If you did not like what you saw, ponder in peace three and a half minutes you'll never (never) get back and reflect. No need to vocalize your anger and dash hopes and dreams, LOL.

To the video maker, a few things: (1) Try a shorter video, think seconds, not minutes. (2) Try quicker transitions between frames, do not be shy to move the camera around. The most boring storyline will be interesting depending on how creative you want to be with your handheld, and creativity is the name of the game. (3) When you do move the camera around, make sure it is NOT on wheels on a very rough patch of asphalt, as it is very jarring. (3) Lighting is king, it is 99 percent of your picture quality. Take some time to light the scene properly. If not, at least take the time to filter the footage in post, so that we get at least a semblance of profession involved. (4) I do not necessarily have a criticism on the people you involve, though they may not be what people normally consider "hot." Each person takes that up with God or genetics. But, you have to tell your actors to get their head in the game. Be believable.... (5) I will end with the very important recommendation of actually researching a bit your idea to see if it is not overplayed. You do not have to change it if 755 other people have already used it. But you DO have to have a fresh take on it.

Your video was average at best, because it has nothing someone, right now, would not be able to film if given a handheld, a few cars, and two buddies. It is not good when your video's most impressive thing is a couple of high end props, even if one is an SL65. iJustine here teaches you that you don't even need props at all to produce something watchable. And she does not even have to be hot to achieve that. Anyway... don't fret, get better and keep on keeping on. And don't mind the haters, they will always be there.

Last edited by Ferri; 09-08-2011 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:32 PM

mustang v6
Originally Posted by Ferri
Ok, folks, attaching the boy for having the "audacity" to post here is over the top. If you did not like what you saw, ponder in peace three and a half minutes you'll never (never) get back and reflect. No need to vocalize your anger and dash hopes and dreams, LOL.

To the video maker, a few things: (1) Try a shorter video, think seconds, not minutes. (2) Try quicker transitions between frames, do not be shy to move the camera around. The most boring storyline will be interesting depending on how creative you want to be with your handheld, and creativity is the name of the game. (3) When you do move the camera around, make sure it is NOT on wheels on a very rough patch of asphalt, as it is very jarring. (3) Lighting is king, it is 99 percent of your picture quality. Take some time to light the scene properly. If not, at least take the time to filter the footage in post, so that we get at least a semblance of profession involved. (4) I do not necessarily have a criticism on the people you involve, though they may not be what people normally consider "hot." Each person takes that up with God or genetics. But, you have to tell your actors to get their head in the game. Be believable.... (5) I will end with the very important recommendation of actually researching a bit your idea to see if it is not overplayed. You do not have to change it if 755 other people have already used it. But you DO have to have a fresh take on it.

Your video was average at best, because it has nothing someone, right now, would not be able to film if given a handheld, a few cars, and two buddies. It is not good when your video's most impressive thing is a couple of high end props, even if one is an SL65. iJustine here teaches you that you don't even need props at all to produce something watchable. And she does not even have to be hot to achieve that. Anyway... don't fret, get better and keep on keeping on. And don't mind the haters, they will always be there.
Thanks for the constructive criticism, you made a lot of good suggestions that we will be working on for future videos. We really appreciate it.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:46 PM

ML63, ML320
You got some great advice and constructive ideas from Ferri. Use them to your benefit, get creative, and let's see what you come up with. (This is from someone (me) who isn't very creative but who appreciates creativity)
Old 09-11-2011, 02:17 PM

mustang v6
You got some great advice and constructive ideas from Ferri. Use them to your benefit, get creative, and let's see what you come up with. (This is from someone (me) who isn't very creative but who appreciates creativity)
Ya it was great advise and we will try our best to construct a better video for next time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Mercedes SL65 AMG