SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: SL55 Vs ZO6 Vs Viper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CL55
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Doctodd33
[B]Sounds like a good story. Couple of things.....17 years old is no excuse not to be able to write well. Second, 17 years old and an SL55 in 2 years? That isnt fair. Orion blue being sick as in cool sick? Or ugly sick? How many people in the Vette and the other cars? My partner has a 2001 or 2002 Viper so ill be posting some comparisons soon as well.

Thanks for sharing, but you need to drive a Hyundai for a few years so that you can really appreciate a great car when you are older.

T
DocTood, that viewpoint is ridiculous. It is possible to appreciate a car without driving a POS. I am 19 and have owned many cars (currently an '03 CL55), and have appreciated all of them. Life is not fair buddy, sorry for you. Just be thankful that you are getting an SL55 at this point of your life and stop complaining about how it isn't fair for someone young too since YOU didn't have one as a teen. Also, I have raced an '02 Viper in my '03 CL55 and won. CL is much better car all around, as I am sure the SL55 is.
Old 06-14-2003, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
LMAO...I see you know everything...when i was 19 i did too. :-)

All i was TRYING to say is that it is SOMETIMES easier to appreciate the finer things in life after experiencing the less than finer things. NOT ALWAYS, but maybe sometimes. I am also not saying that you CANT appreciate a great car the very first time you sit in a driver's seat. I said Hyundai as a hypothetical EXAMPLE. Lastly, all viewpoints are JUST OPINIONS and not to be taken as personal flames or insults. If you take things personally the wrong way, let me wholeheartedly apologize for any unjust to you and your family and your ancestors and your race and your country.

Did i forget any disclaimers? Oh yea, AGAIN, my sincerest apologies to all those pubescent teenagers who know everything. These are just my viewpoints, those of a very young 33 year old person.

T

Last edited by Doctodd33; 06-14-2003 at 03:40 PM.
Old 06-14-2003, 07:51 PM
Bilal

MBOrlGuy, THE DOCTOR IS IN THE HOUSE, BOY YOU JUST GOT OWNED...
Attached Thumbnails SL55 Vs ZO6 Vs Viper-234650_42_full.jpg  
Old 06-15-2003, 03:22 AM

2003 CL55
You are rather hypocritical. What makes you think that you know everything. I never claimed I knew everything, but rather I was stating that it is possible to appreciate finer things in life without having to live in the dumps first. I worked very hard for what I have--I know enough to have already started 3 companies and been able to buy myself a CL55 at this age, more than you were able to say. It is rather arrogant of you to assume that I think I know everything, when I only stated my beliefs on that one subject. There are many things I don't know, but I am sure my intelligence far surpasses yours. Don't make generalizations about people because you will more often than not be wrong. If you don't think it is fair, then you should have gotten up and done something about it at a young age, as I have. You are simply jealous of people who worked hard to achieve what they want at a young age.

The point of this board is to talk about cars, not for you to post how you think it is wrong for someone under the age of 20 to own a car more than $15k because they "can't apprectiate it." I apologize to everyone else for wasting your time and space on this forum by replying to a bitter 33 y/o man. I felt it necessary to make clear to him his narrowmindedness and rancour towards people younger than he.
Old 06-15-2003, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Apparently ,in order to build those enterprises of yours ,you've skipped on some English classes on the way.....
Old 06-17-2003, 07:44 PM

C43 AMG
Originally posted by absent
Apparently ,in order to build those enterprises of yours ,you've skipped on some English classes on the way.....

I don't want to get flamed at, but I THINK, the doctor has had a little more experience in the real world, and therefore has a better perspective? Just my understanding thus far...

I too think a 17 year old can appreciate a car. Heck, I am only 15, and appreciate them plenty. My dad has a C43, which I love to death, and it's nowhere near an SL55. However, one of my friends (24 y/o) has one, and I have sat in it, and love it greatly. The car I drive the most is a Subaru Outback, so obviously I can appreciate the SL more. That's the whole point... Anybody can and will appreciate a car as fine as the SL, but it means more to those who have come from further down on the scale of autos.
Old 06-18-2003, 06:32 AM

2005 SLK350
i concur

but then i also have to pay for most of the car myself so i think i can appreciate it :p
Old 08-08-2004, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 E55 AMG
I know how to appreciate cars because my uncle has tons of AMG's!! And my dad has a Toyota Camry and an E320 (still great cars). It just gives me an inscentive to do well later in my life.
WyattH is so right.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
This is the way I look at life:

You have 1 life to live, enjoy every bit of it. If you are not happy with what you're driving, or where you're living, do something about it instead of wasting your time and looking down at those who are enjoying the finer things. If someone's parents take care of them, buy them a SL55, a house, etc., that's them. Now lets see what you got!

This is not meant at anyone, and I just meant to say this in general. It would be great to see everyone driving a $100k car, but it doesn't happen unless you work hard for it!

I can't imagine 1 parent rewarding their 18 or 19 year old child with a SL55, G500, or whatever car, unless they have earned it in one way or another. We all earn things in different ways, some of us do chores around the house for our parents, some of us take advantage of our time and do something with our talent!

Old 08-09-2004, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Bilal
"And Bilal thinks the SL55 is the best car ever, so you will not be able to convince him really."

You know me so well!:p Thanks for remembering me.

Guys, If Jeremy Clarkson, the guy who has driven every car in the world, possible ever, traded in a 355 and spent 90000 pounds of his own money, on it, it must be!
And do you know why he is getting rid of his SL55 for a Ford GT?

Clarkson is a prat anyway, he's funny but I wouldn't take any advice he gives seriously.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:27 AM

'19 GT 4 63s ,'17 Bentley Bentayga, '06 Ford GT
From my own experience with cars, working your way up to something like an SL55 makes plenty of sense.

I happen to come from an affluent background, however I started out on my first years on the road riding a pretty lowly motorbike at age 16. The good thing about that was that it did make me a good driver when I got into a car. I didn't get my first car however until I was 20, although I may have had one before then if it wasn't for that fact I was doing a lot of travelling and training from age 18-20. I was really proud of my first car, a 1981 BMW 733i belonging to my family's company. I was also pretty mature and living on my own at the time, BTW. With that BMW, I did all I could to dress it up with ground effects, wheels, tuning, and audio I could afford at the time. After having that car for 3 years and having a couple of accidents along the way (another good reason not to have anything too expensive too young!), I was fortunate enough that my old man allowed me to buy myself a 325i conv. through the company. Again, I loved that car and spent a fortune on it. Following on from that, in '96 I was really making moves in the family biz, so I was given an M3, which was my first real performance car. I really enjoyed that car till I sold it only last year.

It's only in the last 2 years that I've had the means to buy a car like an SL55. Personally, if I had been handed a car like that or had the finances even at 20, there's no way I'd have appreciated it or respected it. Even now that I do have one at age 33, I still feel I'm at the young end of the scale. Also, what's left to do if you've already experienced owning a car like an SL55/Porsche/Ferrari/Viper/etc. by age 19 ?
Old 08-19-2004, 05:48 AM
Almost a Member!

2003 SL55
Do you know what other thing 17 yrs old is good for? Bull****!
Show us your car pics before I will believe your crap! You guys have to understand there are a lot of people on this forum doesn't even own the car they described! What are the chances that SL55, Viper GT, ZO6 met at the same time on the freeway, and all agreed to race? Only happen to me in my imagination.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by Mowateriology
you guys should really give up that "you're too young to drive a X" theory
some people are just born into this world better .. or luckier
whichever it is .. dont hate, appreciate
am not saying i believe that guy
neither am i saying i dont.. its just that am sick and tired of reading all those replies with "ur a kid" etc ..
i know its diff in the states, and for the millionth time .. here we have 18 yr olds in modena's and murcielago's

q8i
mm interesting kuwait.... i guess most cars there are American cars?
Old 08-24-2004, 12:13 PM

This Thread Is So Stupid

I find this thread to be so stupid. How can someone insult another for one post???? It doesn't makes sense. He was only trying to tell a story that he encountered and thought that it would be cool to share it. And seriously how dare what ever that Doctor's name is to insult us as teenagers. WHO CARES if he is 17 or 25 or 55. He is gratful for his car I am sure and i do understand that when you styart at the "bottom" and go to the "top" you will apperciatte nicer things in life.

I am only 20 and own many beautiful cars which I love
Old 08-25-2004, 08:19 PM

once again with this who deserves what and appreciates what threads...

the thing is you cant judge kids or their parents just by what car they drive. I know kids who drive around in beat-up cars, who deserve a lot more, while their parents drive benzes. And then there are others who drive around thinking they are hot ****, not appreciating what they have.

( ps:i will not go into detail about my own case )

Last edited by GDautosport; 08-25-2004 at 08:21 PM.
Old 08-26-2004, 04:33 AM
Almost a Member!

2003 SL55
Please no more argument. Let's not forget this thread may be simply a made up story by someone, who maybe laughing his/her head off at this moment!
Oh! I know! Tomorrow I will be posting a thread of SL 65 Vs Enzo Vs Porsche GT Vs SLR racing down the freeway. I bet a lot of you guys will fall for it!

Last edited by rtingdds; 08-26-2004 at 04:38 AM.
Old 08-26-2004, 05:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
Cut and pasted from the first page.....now do me a favor and tell me again where exactly i insulted teenagers?

Sounds like a good story. Couple of things.....17 years old is no excuse not to be able to write well. Second, 17 years old and an SL55 in 2 years? That isnt fair. Orion blue being sick as in cool sick? Or ugly sick? How many people in the Vette and the other cars? My partner has a 2001 or 2002 Viper so ill be posting some comparisons soon as well.
Thanks for sharing, but you need to drive a Hyundai for a few years so that you can really appreciate a great car when you are older.

Im not hating. It was meant to be a joke, but some people here are such a bunch of tight a$$es.

Please let this thread die. The next person to post on this thread is a ninny. ...notice the smiley faces you tight a$$es and short attention-span, poor-reading-and-writing teenagers.

And by the way Alexspider.....when you refer to yourself as "us teenagers", try not to forget that you said you were 20, which means you ARENT a teenager anymore.

T

Last edited by Doctodd33; 08-26-2004 at 05:31 AM.
Old 08-26-2004, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
What is a NINNY???

Cheer up guys.... I myself feel amazed of ppl contributing in this thread..... may be that's why I can't stop reading....