SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Almost Newbie 2005 SL65

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL65 S63 S450 SLK230
Almost Newbie 2005 SL65

Dealer I have bought several cars from in the past offered me a 2005 SL65. Car is local and has full records, never hit, traded at local MB dealer on SLS.

Had my mechanic go over the car and some minor issues the seller agreed to correct. I am expecting to pick up car this week.

After searching the forum I have a few quetions:

1. Car has cell phone option and want to convert to Bluetooth. What is my best option? I want to be able to use the factory controls. MB Bluetooth puck? Denison? Other?
2. Car has wood inlays and want to convert to carbon fiber. I have seen DCT on his forum and it is impressive. Any other sources?
3. I would like to use my ipod for music and what to control through factory settings. Options?
4. Looks like Sat Radio was an option in US cars but not Canadian. Anyone add after? I have the Sat button.

BTW great forum?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 SL550
2. Car has wood inlays and want to convert to carbon fiber. I have seen DCT on his forum and it is impressive. Any other sources?
3. I would like to use my ipod for music and what to control through factory settings. Options?
4. Looks like Sat Radio was an option in US cars but not Canadian. Anyone add after? I have the Sat button.

BTW great forum?

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

The dealer can add sat to your car. About 1000. I did it to my 05 SL55.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 SL65
Congrats

I have the MB puck purchased on eBay and it works fine for phone calls (iPhone and Android), given you have higher aspirations with 3&4, just read the following thread for more recent discussion https://mbworld.org/forums/sl55-amg-...n-05-sl55.html
Old 12-28-2011, 02:48 AM

BMW
Interested. Adam flashed my stock E55 today but I would definitely be in for a proper dyno tune.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:04 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
Since you mentioned both bluetooth AND ipod, our iTronic would be really good for you. If you want to call me directly, I can work at a deal for you. We are basically closed this week, but I am bored and would love to help you out.

Scott
Old 12-28-2011, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Pugsl
Dealer I have bought several cars from in the past offered me a 2005 SL65. Car is local and has full records, never hit, traded at local MB dealer on SLS.

Had my mechanic go over the car and some minor issues the seller agreed to correct. I am expecting to pick up car this week.

1. Car has cell phone option and want to convert to Bluetooth. What is my best option? I want to be able to use the factory controls. MB Bluetooth puck? Denison? Other?

BTW great forum?

Thanks in advance.
Save yourself $1,000's on DCT CF inlay interior, buy from Chris@FXAutodesigns Sponsor here on MBW chk my Anger-management widebody build thread for pix of Carbon Fiber installed on last page (Top notch quality, great pricing, & fast friendly help + installation available) Welcome to forums
Old 12-28-2011, 05:17 PM

SL65 S63 S450 SLK230
Thanks for everyone's responses.

Scott will give you a call in the next few days.

Car is scheduled to be picked up tomorrow. Saw the car today and work was being completed.

Weather has decided not to cooperate and I have rented a uhaul auto transporter to get it home. See condition of my street and driveway...if you guys in sunny CA are on this board claiming getting traction is tough on acceleration I think ice would not be cooperative.

Also attached are some pictures of the car at the dealership and the mechanics being inspected.

Thanks again for all the responses.
Attached Thumbnails Almost Newbie 2005 SL65-.jpg   Almost Newbie 2005 SL65-1.jpg   Almost Newbie 2005 SL65-2.jpg   Almost Newbie 2005 SL65-3.jpg  
Old 12-28-2011, 06:56 PM

E500(Sold), SL500(Sold), C350(Sold), ML350, SL65
Originally Posted by Pugsl

BTW great forum?

Thanks in advance.
Congrats on the car and for the Sat Radio should be preinstall in the car atleast it was in mind and I install it myself. I have the ant. painted to match my car since the dealer couldn't get it and just had to have the dealer go in to do there part...work fine.