I am Fuming , - Page 2 - MBWorld.org Forums

Notices
SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) Discuss the SL55, SL63 and SL65 AMG.

I am Fuming ,

Reply

 
 
Old 09-28-2012, 12:26 PM
  #26
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: U.K.
Posts: 2,827
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
SL 63 W/B AMG , S600,C220
I wont be able to afford a Jaguar with what they will offer, looks like I
will be keeping her a long time, good job I love her.
sound 8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:05 PM
  #27
Member
 
34.50's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 174
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
'07 CLS 63 AMG
Originally Posted by sound 8 View Post
Yes, there is a car missing, 230 did not go to 2012, it was a SL55 and 55's
were stopped in 2008 and SL63 was introduced. Surely you can see they have missed out a model.
Well according to Wiki, the R231 generation started in 2012. The R230 site lists SL 63 (years 2008 - 2012)

All cars depreciate. Don't get rid of it, you seem happy with it, so just enjoy your car!
34.50 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:13 PM
  #28
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Orlando
Posts: 2,023
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
1967 Pro Touring turbo LSX Camaro
Originally Posted by sound 8 View Post
and for
people who wont know there are 2 different models will become confused.
I can see prices on our model scrapping the bottom of the barrel.
Anyone with one eye and half a brain will be aware of the different models. However not all folks are so blessed, and I'm sure your life has been challenging at times as a result.
Sir-Boost-a-Lot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:19 PM
  #29
Member
 
phemerlein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 176
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
08 CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by hyperion667 View Post
+1
+2
phemerlein is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:49 PM
  #30
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2003 C240
You should be more outraged by what they offered you for your car, and if you do have a business, should consider that when considering another.
Originally Posted by sound 8 View Post
To own a SL is indeed a privelage, I didn't get mine free, I worked bloody
hard, when you have a business, for those who have, you work all hours.
There are employees to pay, rates, rents it goes on and on, beside that
you are always worried whether it will go bust, so yes I worked hard and
as a reward MB don't even include your car in their 60 years of SL Icon
brochure. I think they are ashamed of the 2008 SL63 and therefore
did not include it. Apparently according to this brochure the SL55 R230 runs
from 2001 right up to 2012, there is even a picture of the SL55 with the
words "the R230 2001- 2012.Now I know many people don't like the 2008
SL63 but I fell in love with mine, mainly because of it's looks, exhaust note
and gearbox, this made it quite different to a SL55.So obviously a car, one of the best I ever owned should be in this brochure, I feel quite hurt that it's
been left out.On a serious note it will de value your car, as I say I was offered only 43k and it's like new. The new model is more like the 2008 63
than the SL55, in fact The new model doesn't look right to me. I am going to write to them, I'll let you know the outcome.

Last edited by WDLUGITCH; 09-28-2012 at 05:53 PM.
WDLUGITCH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:42 PM
  #31
Super Member
 
MB_Fahrer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "breezy"
Posts: 790
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Where to start? The Italians or the Germans?
Originally Posted by sound 8 View Post
I would consider myself a very good Mercedes customer, but I recieved
something in the post that's made my blood boil. I recieved a beautiful
brochure expensively printed on the SL range from start right up to the new
2012 SL63. However when I looked it appears the 2008 SL63 didn't exist.The Brochure named 60 years of the SL is therefore innacurate and extremely
insulting to those who bought the 2008-2012 SL63.ARE they ashamed at
making this car, they certainly took my 108 grand with worry. For those
who have got this brochure perhaps I'm wrong, however I am sure that
a car was made after the SL55 2008 which lasted until 2012. The brochure states R230 2001- R231 from 2012 it also shows the latest so it's not the 2008 model. Perhaps this is also a way to offer you peanuts for the 2008,
they offered me 43k I can't afford to sell my 63, but when I do it's
good bye Mercedes and hello Jaguar.Attachment 244200
Get over yourself.

MB_Fahrer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:30 PM
  #32
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
IngenereAMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,703
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Originally Posted by sound 8 View Post
I would consider myself a very good Mercedes customer, but I recieved
something in the post that's made my blood boil. I recieved a beautiful
brochure expensively printed on the SL range from start right up to the new
2012 SL63. However when I looked it appears the 2008 SL63 didn't exist.The Brochure named 60 years of the SL is therefore innacurate and extremely
insulting to those who bought the 2008-2012 SL63.ARE they ashamed at
making this car, they certainly took my 108 grand with worry. For those
who have got this brochure perhaps I'm wrong, however I am sure that
a car was made after the SL55 2008 which lasted until 2012. The brochure states R230 2001- R231 from 2012 it also shows the latest so it's not the 2008 model. Perhaps this is also a way to offer you peanuts for the 2008,
they offered me 43k I can't afford to sell my 63, but when I do it's
good bye Mercedes and hello Jaguar.Attachment 244200
If this is the worst part of your day... you are having a great day!

Maybe they just regret discontinuing such a great car as the SL55! Even car companies make mistakes!!

Smile! It's all good......

Last edited by IngenereAMG; 09-28-2012 at 07:37 PM.
IngenereAMG is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:44 PM
  #33
Out Of Control!!
 
hyperion667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 18,483
Thanked 298 Times in 291 Posts
'12 CLSAMG,'14 S550V4



Last edited by hyperion667; 09-28-2012 at 07:50 PM.
hyperion667 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:52 PM
  #34
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Thericker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Southern, CA.
Posts: 9,160
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
V12-Biturbo
You should change your title to "I'm a MANTARD"

Originally Posted by sound 8 View Post
I would consider myself a very good Mercedes customer, but I recieved
something in the post that's made my blood boil. I recieved a beautiful
brochure expensively printed on the SL range from start right up to the new
2012 SL63. However when I looked it appears the 2008 SL63 didn't exist.The Brochure named 60 years of the SL is therefore innacurate and extremely
insulting to those who bought the 2008-2012 SL63.ARE they ashamed at
making this car, they certainly took my 108 grand with worry. For those
who have got this brochure perhaps I'm wrong, however I am sure that
a car was made after the SL55 2008 which lasted until 2012. The brochure states R230 2001- R231 from 2012 it also shows the latest so it's not the 2008 model. Perhaps this is also a way to offer you peanuts for the 2008,
they offered me 43k I can't afford to sell my 63, but when I do it's
good bye Mercedes and hello Jaguar.Attachment 244200
99.99% of your threads/comments are absolute worthless drivel Do us ALL a favor & chuck your keyboard out the window, then drive over it w/ur precious sl63
Thericker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:58 PM
  #35
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2003 C240
It's spelled "privilege." I think you are a little impressed with your own importance. You should seriously consider putting a hose in the tailpipe, extending it into your driver side window, rolling it up, and sitting in your car with engine on. We will, then, hopefully, not see more of your idiotic posts.
Originally Posted by sound 8 View Post
To own a SL is indeed a privelage, I didn't get mine free, I worked bloody
hard, when you have a business, for those who have, you work all hours.
There are employees to pay, rates, rents it goes on and on, beside that
you are always worried whether it will go bust, so yes I worked hard and
as a reward MB don't even include your car in their 60 years of SL Icon
brochure. I think they are ashamed of the 2008 SL63 and therefore
did not include it. Apparently according to this brochure the SL55 R230 runs
from 2001 right up to 2012, there is even a picture of the SL55 with the
words "the R230 2001- 2012.Now I know many people don't like the 2008
SL63 but I fell in love with mine, mainly because of it's looks, exhaust note
and gearbox, this made it quite different to a SL55.So obviously a car, one of the best I ever owned should be in this brochure, I feel quite hurt that it's
been left out.On a serious note it will de value your car, as I say I was offered only 43k and it's like new. The new model is more like the 2008 63
than the SL55, in fact The new model doesn't look right to me. I am going to write to them, I'll let you know the outcome.
WDLUGITCH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:01 PM
  #36
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2003 C240
I think Mr. Sound 8 does not drive a Benz, he drives a Smart Car!
Originally Posted by Thericker View Post
99.99% of your threads/comments are absolute worthless drivel Do us ALL a favor & chuck your keyboard out the window, then drive over it w/ur precious sl63
WDLUGITCH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:02 PM
  #37
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2003 C240
Stick a fork in Mr. Sound 8, he's done.
WDLUGITCH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:34 PM
  #38
Super Member
 
MB_Fahrer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "breezy"
Posts: 790
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Where to start? The Italians or the Germans?
Originally Posted by WDLUGITCH View Post
It's spelled "privilege." I think you are a little impressed with your own importance. You should seriously consider putting a hose in the tailpipe, extending it into your driver side window, rolling it up, and sitting in your car with engine on. We will, then, hopefully, not see more of your idiotic posts.
You might dial things back a bit yourself.
MB_Fahrer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:37 PM
  #39
Out Of Control!!
 
hyperion667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 18,483
Thanked 298 Times in 291 Posts
'12 CLSAMG,'14 S550V4
Originally Posted by MB_Fahrer View Post
You might dial things back a bit yourself.
+1
hyperion667 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:42 PM
  #40
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2003 C240
Censorship is anything but good. Of course, I am from the United States.
Originally Posted by MB_Fahrer View Post
You might dial things back a bit yourself.
WDLUGITCH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:07 AM
  #41
Super Member
 
MB_Fahrer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "breezy"
Posts: 790
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Where to start? The Italians or the Germans?
Censorship is needed on here to a certain extent. This generally a clean, fun, and safe forum. Just because somebody is a little off, doesn't give anybody the right to come on here and suggest suicide. Especially wheniimplied by someone who doesn't even have ten posts. Why don't you take a minute to write an introduction about yourself. You seem to have sprung out of nowhere. We tend to like to get to know each other on this board.
MB_Fahrer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:29 PM
  #42
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2003 C240
I do not think my posts merit an infraction from a moderator, for "inappropriate language," for expressing an opinion, and the infraction amounts to nothing more than censorship. My posts are a reaction to a man in the UK who, based on his posts, is more than just a little off. I think we may see this person on CNN in the future.

I came to this forum to locate a navigation update for my girlfriend, which I did. I do not own a Mercedes-Benz, I own Lexus.
Originally Posted by MB_Fahrer View Post
Censorship is needed on here to a certain extent. This generally a clean, fun, and safe forum. Just because somebody is a little off, doesn't give anybody the right to come on here and suggest suicide. Especially wheniimplied by someone who doesn't even have ten posts. Why don't you take a minute to write an introduction about yourself. You seem to have sprung out of nowhere. We tend to like to get to know each other on this board.
WDLUGITCH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:55 PM
  #43
Out Of Control!!
 
hyperion667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 18,483
Thanked 298 Times in 291 Posts
'12 CLSAMG,'14 S550V4
Originally Posted by WDLUGITCH View Post
I do not think my posts merit an infraction from a moderator, for "inappropriate language," for expressing an opinion, and the infraction amounts to nothing more than censorship. My posts are a reaction to a man in the UK who, based on his posts, is more than just a little off. I think we may see this person on CNN in the future.

I came to this forum to locate a navigation update for my girlfriend, which I did. I do not own a Mercedes-Benz, I own Lexus.

hyperion667 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:02 PM
  #44
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2003 C240
Originally Posted by hyperion667 View Post
NONE of my posts violate the "Forums Acceptable Use Policy":

You agree, through your use of the Discussion Forums, that you will not post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.
WDLUGITCH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:39 PM
  #45
Super Member
 
MB_Fahrer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "breezy"
Posts: 790
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Where to start? The Italians or the Germans?
Originally Posted by WDLUGITCH View Post
NONE of my posts violate the "Forums Acceptable Use Policy":

You agree, through your use of the Discussion Forums, that you will not post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.
Yes, you have. Look at what you wrote, twice:

"It's spelled "privilege." I think you are a little impressed with your own importance. You should seriously consider putting a hose in the tailpipe, extending it into your driver side window, rolling it up, and sitting in your car with engine on. We will, then, hopefully, not see more of your idiotic posts."

I don't think this is a very appropriate thing to say on this board.
MB_Fahrer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:40 PM
  #46
Super Member
 
MB_Fahrer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "breezy"
Posts: 790
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Where to start? The Italians or the Germans?
Originally Posted by WDLUGITCH View Post
I do not think my posts merit an infraction from a moderator, for "inappropriate language," for expressing an opinion, and the infraction amounts to nothing more than censorship. My posts are a reaction to a man in the UK who, based on his posts, is more than just a little off. I think we may see this person on CNN in the future.

I came to this forum to locate a navigation update for my girlfriend, which I did. I do not own a Mercedes-Benz, I own Lexus.
He may be (insert colorful language here), but that does not mean you get to come on here and start suggesting he kill himself.
MB_Fahrer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:44 PM
  #47
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2003 C240
Seriously, where does it say that I cannot suggest that? I think the posts had the desired effect, which was to stop his inane posts.
Originally Posted by MB_Fahrer View Post
He may be (insert colorful language here), but that does not mean you get to come on here and start suggesting he kill himself.
WDLUGITCH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:47 PM
  #48
Super Member
 
MB_Fahrer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "breezy"
Posts: 790
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Where to start? The Italians or the Germans?
Originally Posted by WDLUGITCH View Post
Seriously, where does it say that I cannot suggest that? I think the posts had the desired effect, which was to stop his inane posts.
Let's just drop it. We have gotten so far off topic here. You have to understand that it is nearly impossible to make someone like Sound quit posting. The internet is full of people that will aggravate you. Try and rest easy knowing that you're better than them. I always find it's easier to laugh about them, then lose sleep over shutting them up.
MB_Fahrer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:51 PM
  #49
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2003 C240
We agree.
Originally Posted by MB_Fahrer View Post
Let's just drop it. We have gotten so far off topic here. You have to understand that it is nearly impossible to make someone like Sound quit posting. The internet is full of people that will aggravate you. Try and rest easy knowing that you're better than them. I always find it's easier to laugh about them, then lose sleep over shutting them up.
WDLUGITCH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:55 PM
  #50
Super Member
 
MB_Fahrer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "breezy"
Posts: 790
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Where to start? The Italians or the Germans?
^^^Without a doubt
MB_Fahrer is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
c63amg08
C63 AMG (W204)
11
09-19-2017 09:07 PM
e500slr
W211 AMG
9
09-11-2015 11:18 PM
c63amg08
C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202)
1
09-03-2015 03:53 AM
MB-JIM
E-Class (W211)
17
11-11-2005 09:11 PM
cmentz
SLK-Class (R171)
4
02-16-2005 08:44 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:26 AM.


Copyright 2001-2012 InternetBrands, Inc. / MBWorld.org. All Rights Reserved.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: