Notices
SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) Discuss the SL55, SL63 and SL65 AMG.

I am Fuming ,

 
Old 09-24-2012, 12:36 PM
  #1  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: U.K.
Posts: 2,838
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
SL 63 W/B AMG , S600,C220
I am Fuming ,

I would consider myself a very good Mercedes customer, but I recieved
something in the post that's made my blood boil. I recieved a beautiful
brochure expensively printed on the SL range from start right up to the new
2012 SL63. However when I looked it appears the 2008 SL63 didn't exist.The Brochure named 60 years of the SL is therefore innacurate and extremely
insulting to those who bought the 2008-2012 SL63.ARE they ashamed at
making this car, they certainly took my 108 grand with worry. For those
who have got this brochure perhaps I'm wrong, however I am sure that
a car was made after the SL55 2008 which lasted until 2012. The brochure states R230 2001- R231 from 2012 it also shows the latest so it's not the 2008 model. Perhaps this is also a way to offer you peanuts for the 2008,
they offered me 43k I can't afford to sell my 63, but when I do it's
good bye Mercedes and hello Jaguar.I am Fuming ,-set-043-1280x853-.jpg
sound 8 is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 07:37 PM
  #2  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07' SL65, 04' E55, 03' Evo8, 08' GSXR, DSM's...
Switching car brands all over a printed brochure
WHTEVO is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 12:12 PM
  #3  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: U.K.
Posts: 2,838
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
SL 63 W/B AMG , S600,C220
Read again my friend, it's not a picture that's missing, it's the fact that they
deny ever making a SL63 from 2008 until 2012. They say that after the SL55 the next model they made was the 2012 SL63. The 2008 SL63 is nothing like the SL55, in fact the 2008 63 is more like the 2012 SL63 therfore should be
listed as such in the brochure.
sound 8 is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 12:21 PM
  #4  
Member
 
34.50's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 174
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 CLS 63 AMG
Sounds like a mistake - and one that shouldn't have made it into the books...Someone didn't do their job.

Anyways, Jaguars look nice, but all those negative reviews of reliability...what a joke of a brand.
34.50 is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 07:21 AM
  #5  
Member
 
photonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: michigan
Posts: 153
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL63
that brochure could become a collector's item!
photonut is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 08:17 AM
  #6  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
sprins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,834
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK63BS, SL55, G55, C43
They probably left the R230 2008-2012 out because they are ashamed of such an ugly facelift
sprins is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 08:31 AM
  #7  
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,213
Received 195 Likes on 170 Posts
Originally Posted by sound 8 View Post
I would consider myself a very good Mercedes customer, but I recieved
something in the post that's made my blood boil. I recieved a beautiful
brochure expensively printed on the SL range from start right up to the new
2012 SL63. However when I looked it appears the 2008 SL63 didn't exist.The Brochure named 60 years of the SL is therefore innacurate and extremely
insulting to those who bought the 2008-2012 SL63.ARE they ashamed at
making this car, they certainly took my 108 grand with worry. For those
who have got this brochure perhaps I'm wrong, however I am sure that
a car was made after the SL55 2008 which lasted until 2012. The brochure states R230 2001- R231 from 2012 it also shows the latest so it's not the 2008 model. Perhaps this is also a way to offer you peanuts for the 2008,
they offered me 43k I can't afford to sell my 63, but when I do it's
good bye Mercedes and hello Jaguar.Attachment 244200
this is a clever ploy. do not get taken.

ze germans have sent you a custom brochure that does not mention your car in hopes that you will get disgusted, dump it and get another mercedes (perhaps listed in the brochure). next year they will send you another brochure that will be missing whatever you buy now... and so on.

alx is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 10:57 AM
  #8  
Super Member
 
amok55amg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 561
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
SL55AMG + SL600 + E320 + A180
Originally Posted by sound 8 View Post
I would consider myself a very good Mercedes customer, but I recieved
something in the post that's made my blood boil. I recieved a beautiful
brochure expensively printed on the SL range from start right up to the new
2012 SL63. However when I looked it appears the 2008 SL63 didn't exist.The Brochure named 60 years of the SL is therefore innacurate and extremely
insulting to those who bought the 2008-2012 SL63.ARE they ashamed at
making this car, they certainly took my 108 grand with worry. For those
who have got this brochure perhaps I'm wrong, however I am sure that
a car was made after the SL55 2008 which lasted until 2012. The brochure states R230 2001- R231 from 2012 it also shows the latest so it's not the 2008 model. Perhaps this is also a way to offer you peanuts for the 2008,
they offered me 43k I can't afford to sell my 63, but when I do it's
good bye Mercedes and hello Jaguar.Attachment 244200
I think your mistaken - the cars are built on a platform and they make a prototype when developing a new car and they give the cars a number - (the platform) when they are satisfied and decide to put it in production the model gets that designation - hence the SL types it something like the R107 ... then R129 and then the car they built from 2002/03 to 2012 - the one you got - the R230. New SL from 2012 has the "Baureiche 231" and when MB makes a run-down on the models they have made they always show the first model of that particular "Baureiche".

It has nothing to do with face-lifts, engine changes etc.

Hope your change you perspective for MB since the car you have is a very beautiful car and most people never get a chance in a lifetime to even get near the "monster".
amok55amg is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 12:07 PM
  #9  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: U.K.
Posts: 2,838
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
SL 63 W/B AMG , S600,C220
To own a SL is indeed a privelage, I didn't get mine free, I worked bloody
hard, when you have a business, for those who have, you work all hours.
There are employees to pay, rates, rents it goes on and on, beside that
you are always worried whether it will go bust, so yes I worked hard and
as a reward MB don't even include your car in their 60 years of SL Icon
brochure. I think they are ashamed of the 2008 SL63 and therefore
did not include it. Apparently according to this brochure the SL55 R230 runs
from 2001 right up to 2012, there is even a picture of the SL55 with the
words "the R230 2001- 2012.Now I know many people don't like the 2008
SL63 but I fell in love with mine, mainly because of it's looks, exhaust note
and gearbox, this made it quite different to a SL55.So obviously a car, one of the best I ever owned should be in this brochure, I feel quite hurt that it's
been left out.On a serious note it will de value your car, as I say I was offered only 43k and it's like new. The new model is more like the 2008 63
than the SL55, in fact The new model doesn't look right to me. I am going to write to them, I'll let you know the outcome.
sound 8 is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 02:57 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 362
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 E350
Am I missing something. Even the MBWorld forums lists the SL models as

R107 1971-1989
R129 1990-2002
R230 2003-2012
R231 2013-

JK
jbec.keane is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 03:16 PM
  #11  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Orlando
Posts: 2,026
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
1967 Pro Touring turbo LSX Camaro
Wow ,you sound really uptight. Who cares what car is in the bloody brochure? The 6.2 is not the most popular variation of the 230 chassis when there were both supercharged and turbocharged variants to be had I'm sure you are aware.
If you like the car, great! If you don't like it, get rid of it and stop crying about what MB picked as "iconic SLs"
Sir-Boost-a-Lot is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 04:29 PM
  #12  
Super Member
 
Kreuzfeuer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 692
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
SRT-6
From the sound of things, I don't think you'd be happy until your face was featured as "most iconic".

I'm with the rest of the folks, I don't see the crisis.
Kreuzfeuer is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 06:46 PM
  #13  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 691
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 CLS63, Honda Accord, 04 911
If youre ready to switch by all means thats up to you. But by no way even if the Jag is as fast or even faster, may look sometimes better (Aston Copy) by no means is comparable to the SL.
150shot is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 08:29 PM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 274
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CLK500 cab, 2004 S600 designo mocha
What a ridiculous thread.
babyman1737 is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 09:33 PM
  #15  
Out Of Control!!
 
hyperion667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 21,646
Received 736 Likes on 713 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by 34.50 View Post
Sounds like a mistake - and one that shouldn't have made it into the books...Someone didn't do their job.

Anyways, Jaguars look nice, but all those negative reviews of reliability...what a joke of a brand.
+1
hyperion667 is online now  
Old 09-26-2012, 09:56 PM
  #16  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Clifton, NJ
Posts: 4,949
Likes: 0
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by sound 8 View Post
To own a SL is indeed a privelage, I didn't get mine free, I worked bloody
hard, when you have a business, for those who have, you work all hours.
There are employees to pay, rates, rents it goes on and on, beside that
you are always worried whether it will go bust, so yes I worked hard and
as a reward MB don't even include your car in their 60 years of SL Icon
brochure. I think they are ashamed of the 2008 SL63 and therefore
did not include it. Apparently according to this brochure the SL55 R230 runs
from 2001 right up to 2012, there is even a picture of the SL55 with the
words "the R230 2001- 2012.Now I know many people don't like the 2008
SL63 but I fell in love with mine, mainly because of it's looks, exhaust note
and gearbox, this made it quite different to a SL55.So obviously a car, one of the best I ever owned should be in this brochure, I feel quite hurt that it's
been left out.On a serious note it will de value your car, as I say I was offered only 43k and it's like new. The new model is more like the 2008 63
than the SL55, in fact The new model doesn't look right to me. I am going to write to them, I'll let you know the outcome.
you are still one nutty dude.

write them a letter, I'm sure they need something to start their fires this winter.

give me a break.
Quadcammer is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 10:01 PM
  #17  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
C280 Sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Saratoga,Springs New York, Sarasota, Florida.
Posts: 2,527
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
E,E,CL,C,CLK,ML,S,GLK,others...
This has to the dumbest thread in the history of MBWorld! You own 3 MB's according to your profile and you are willing to leave the brand because of a brochure that was printed and it did not mention your SL? I did not get any of my MB's for free like any other owner but to become rattled over something so silly is showing your immature side. I hope you do not hold grudges like this over other things like someone name calling you. I could not imagine your reaction!

Sorry but that's how I feel about this thread. My $0.02 cents...
C280 Sport is online now  
Old 09-27-2012, 11:02 AM
  #18  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: U.K.
Posts: 2,838
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
SL 63 W/B AMG , S600,C220
Obviously we don't see eye to eye. And I bet not one of the posts is by a
SL63 owner. Look at it this way. Say your son plays for the local football
club, and they win the cup. When the time comes to hand out the medals
there is a big picture of the team but your son has been left out.
Well that's how it feels, This brochure says 60 years of SL and covers
every model starting in the 50's, until it gets to the SL55 230 then it says
from SL55 until 2012 SL63 there was nothing, yet they did make another
model the 2008 SL63. I'm sure they did not like this model therefore left
it out. The Implications of course is a much lower value as I have found out
on your 2008 SL63.
sound 8 is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 11:08 AM
  #19  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: U.K.
Posts: 2,838
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
SL 63 W/B AMG , S600,C220
Originally Posted by jbec.keane View Post
Am I missing something. Even the MBWorld forums lists the SL models as

R107 1971-1989
R129 1990-2002
R230 2003-2012
R231 2013-

JK
Yes, there is a car missing, 230 did not go to 2012, it was a SL55 and 55's
were stopped in 2008 and SL63 was introduced. Surely you can see they have missed out a model.
sound 8 is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 11:58 AM
  #20  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 230
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML63, ML320
The analogy comparing your son's achievements, and his disappointment/hurt feelings, to a piece of property is pretty sad. Everyone who has posted, myself included, thinks your priorities are misplaced, or perhaps there are penile envy,ego issues. Much ado about nothing.
jrgator is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 12:57 PM
  #21  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: U.K.
Posts: 2,838
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
SL 63 W/B AMG , S600,C220
Originally Posted by jrgator View Post
The analogy comparing your son's achievements, and his disappointment/hurt feelings, to a piece of property is pretty sad. Everyone who has posted, myself included, thinks your priorities are misplaced, or perhaps there are penile envy,ego issues. Much ado about nothing.
As the majority of members do not understand my anger the analogy of
a family member acheiving something without recognition, is there merely
to get my point accross. Car's and people are quite different but you can
admire and praise both for certain things. In todays market selfishness and
greed seem to come before friendish and loyalty. In this case it's a case
of greed on MB's part. The only reason they have decided to leave the
2008 63 out is because they are ashamed of this model, and consequently
by leaving it out will de value it. A true MB customer who they have cajoled
into buying the 2008 now hang their held whilst telling you how much your
car is worth. The Majority of you do not have a 2008 SL63 so they couldn't
give a monkees! I bet if they done this to your model you would understand
how I feel. The more 63 owners find out will lead to the **** hitting the fan
eventually.
sound 8 is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 01:00 PM
  #22  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: U.K.
Posts: 2,838
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
SL 63 W/B AMG , S600,C220
Originally Posted by jrgator View Post
The analogy comparing your son's achievements, and his disappointment/hurt feelings, to a piece of property is pretty sad. Everyone who has posted, myself included, thinks your priorities are misplaced, or perhaps there are penile envy,ego issues. Much ado about nothing.
I am not talking about my sons feelings, he also will be annoyed, I am talking
about how I his father feels for leaving him out.
sound 8 is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 01:08 PM
  #23  
Member
 
modoindustries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 202
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL63 owner here and I couldnt careless how MB feels about the car or how they see it in the line up. I'm still happy with my purchase and after spending time in the 2013 SL63 I see no need to fork over the price delta (dont care for the looks either).
modoindustries is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 10:44 AM
  #24  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: U.K.
Posts: 2,838
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
SL 63 W/B AMG , S600,C220
Originally Posted by modoindustries View Post
SL63 owner here and I couldnt careless how MB feels about the car or how they see it in the line up. I'm still happy with my purchase and after spending time in the 2013 SL63 I see no need to fork over the price delta (dont care for the looks either).
Hello fellow owner, I like you love my car, and in most respects prefer it's
looks to the 2012 model. However sooner or later you will sell it, and for
people who wont know there are 2 different models will become confused.
I can see prices on our model scrapping the bottom of the barrel.
sound 8 is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 12:08 PM
  #25  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NOMAD
Posts: 7,453
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
CLS550 4Matic
Please go to Jaguar and we will see you back in a Mercedes soon
djrabbi is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I am Fuming ,


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: