SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Tag MotorSports is the place to go when you're serious about modding!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Tag MotorSports...

Ultimate 1-Stop shop candy store for just about ANY brand car, if it's got a motor they can make it faster/louder (in a good way) Wheels? HRE/Vossens/BBK, you name it they got it or can prolly get it. Basically they do it all 1 from Factory maintenance to 1 off Fab work etc etc... I've been getting my cars modified forever & owned a little bit of everything from Built N/A to TurboCharging, SuperCharging, etc I've been to every top speed shop in So Cal to have work done to all the different cars I've owned over the years & can honestly say Tag Motorsports is @ the very TOP.. Thank you David, & Alex, it was great meeting you & all the mechanics who worked on my rig..

I went to Tag for my new to me 11' RangeRover Sport SuperCharged, I've owned it for 1 month & have really fallen in love w/this bad *** SUV it does it all, it came w/Full Startech body front/rear bumpers, (exhaust tips built into bumper like latest AMG's) 22" Kahn's (which I'm changing next to lightweight CCW's SP16-A 20" weigh whopping 26 lbs lol Already have lowering module installed too..

Tag added these pix to their collection for their site, turns out they originally did the 1st bit of Startech work for the original owner back in 11' they gave me the printout of all the work performed inc install & full black out badges etc the total came to a hair under $18,000.00

http://www.tagmotorsports.com/starte...exhaust-system Well I decided to pickup where the original owner left off, the Startech Valve controlled exhaust (most expensive exhaust I've ever purchased but worth every penny, turns out Startech is really the RangeRover Division of Brabus IE all 100% Brabus parts, hence the over the top pricing)

Tag MotorSports is the place to go when you're serious about modding!-unnamed-201.jpg
Tag MotorSports is the place to go when you're serious about modding!-unnamed-202.jpg
Tag MotorSports is the place to go when you're serious about modding!-_sam_0017.jpeg
Tag MotorSports is the place to go when you're serious about modding!-_sam_0021.jpeg

Tag did a top notch install, it's extremely complex..This Exhaust setup takes 6-7 hrs as it runs off vacuum lines in engine bay & has a button/switch installed in cab w/ton electrical connections, runs either closed which = slightly more rumble than stock & OPEN = all holy hells broken loose, NO JOKE!! Brabus engineers are the BEST most wicked mad scientists for exhaust systems PERIOD...
Tag MotorSports is the place to go when you're serious about modding!-img_3849.jpg
Tag MotorSports is the place to go when you're serious about modding!-img_3832.jpg
Tag MotorSports is the place to go when you're serious about modding!-img_3837_2.jpg
Excellent factory Navigation..
Tag MotorSports is the place to go when you're serious about modding!-img_3842.jpg
Tag MotorSports is the place to go when you're serious about modding!-img_3811.jpg
Tag MotorSports is the place to go when you're serious about modding!-img_3778.jpg
Tag MotorSports is the place to go when you're serious about modding!-img_3792-2.jpg
Tag MotorSports is the place to go when you're serious about modding!-img_3808.jpg
Tag MotorSports is the place to go when you're serious about modding!-img_3798.jpg
The deep rumble @ full throttle closely emulates a stage 5 longtube header E55k @ full romp.. Then the extra Mad science bit, the burble/pop/on decell between gears or letting off gas is downright the most UNCIVILIZED BRUTAL exhaust I've ever heard or owned & this is coming from a current owner of heavily modified V12 Biturbo MB that runs stright pipes hi-flo cats, no muffs, 3" dwn pipes etc it makes my SL V12 sound tame, yes tame almost tranquil..

I'm making plenty of vid coverage but here is what Startech/Brabus put up on youtube, believe it or not this doesn't even do it justice, in person it's far, far, more violent, sharper crackle etc.. But BEST part hit the button & vlaves close in an instant bringing you back to Clark Kent civility w/everyone wondering where the pack of Hells Angels just went
STARTECH Valve controlled Exhaust System for Range Rover & Range Rover S...:
My new Startech exhaust sounds exactly like the new SVR RangeRover Sport, it has a wicked Valve controlled exhaust too, but still the Startech sounds a tad bit deeper, Im betting in person they're nearly identical.. Range Rover Sport SVR 542 HP Exotic Sound and Track Drive:

Last edited by Thericker; 03-02-2015 at 02:25 AM.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
Nice ad.
Old 02-28-2015, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Worth the wait
Nice ad.
Glad you liked it, thnx for the positive input
Old 02-28-2015, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts
SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Freaking sweet bro, thanks for posting it. Modus Laut is sick. I love the burble and the roar at WOT. I am going to have to sit here in my office for a minute or two and calm down. If I walk out into the family room where the wife and hounds are hanging out right now wifey is going to think I have been looking at **** again.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Looks bass bro when I come to your town you owe me ride to the Sanbar
Old 02-28-2015, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by cal1
Freaking sweet bro, thanks for posting it. Modus Laut is sick. I love the burble and the roar at WOT. I am going to have to sit here in my office for a minute or two and calm down. If I walk out into the family room where the wife and hounds are hanging out right now wifey is going to think I have been looking at **** again.
Ya but car ****'s different, take your laptop or Tablet w/you & show her the over the top graphic nature of what you're viewing, & if still needed I'll write you a letter of permission to view such content

All kidding aside glad you liked it
Old 02-28-2015, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
Looks bass bro when I come to your town you owe me ride to the Sanbar
Def my brutha! Just give me a few days notice on when etc... Both you & Cal1, know how fun it is to give the exhaust a quik stab around people (in town on surface streets, or parking lots, & watch their reactions) This car/exhaust combo is so different than my Merc, it makes you feel like a total outlaw, flat out lawless badass looking for trouble, it relentlessly keeps egging me on to rev the motor higher or test those posted speed limits I can't put it into words any better it's just way too much fun, especially w/added hp/tq this things an animal..

Renntech looks to be releasing a slew of new mods for RangeRover, including LongTubes & a larger Crank pulley, I PM'd Eurocharged about possibly making their own version & they said they were 100% starting to fab 1 from an ASP pulley & start testing ASAP & sell me 1 when ready, they own an 11' RRS just like mine etc.. This coupled to the smaller fixed snout pulley & my CAI I've begun putting together should def push my RR to the 700 BHP levels Can't wait to see what a high octane Dyno tune from Jeremy will add to this mix too (Jeremy says the exact same My Genius handheld multi-tune box we use on our MB's is fully compatible, sooo 91 tune & 109 tune is happening!)

Last edited by Thericker; 02-28-2015 at 11:29 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
SL 63 W/B AMG , S600,C220
WOW.. makes my 65 sound tame..I will never get my TD6 RR to sound
like that.. However the re map has certainly given it some go.
There are so many great car places in the states, you don't realise how
lucky you are, I am trying to get 2 bits of pipe made to extend my exhaust
on the RR to out the back, I was quoted 3 weeks and then leave the car
for a day... Perhaps I will emigrate, see you soon..
Old 03-05-2015, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Crazy sound!! Love it.. Its pretty sweet to just change the sound character of the vehicle by just the flip of a switch. Nasty.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
Crazy sound!! Love it.. Its pretty sweet to just change the sound character of the vehicle by just the flip of a switch. Nasty.
Indeed my brutha.. Indeed Funny I know if lol... When I get pulled over for this (To a copper I'm certain obnoxious sound) He will think I have multi emissions violations awaiting but ahhh NOPE! Fully smoggable, w/ALL cats & mufflers where they should be lol..