SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: My Prior Wide Body SL65 is for sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Mercedes Benz SL65 AMG
My Prior Wide Body SL65 is for sale

Check out the for sale thread and let you car buddies know, Thanks!

https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...5k-feeler.html
Old 04-04-2015, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,078 Likes on 865 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
What is the original color of the car?

Last edited by BlownV8; 04-04-2015 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-04-2015, 02:27 PM

Silver.
Old 04-04-2015, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Mid_Cartell
Silver.
You said that any single stage paint change. Will the painter not do a base coat clear coat for the same cost?

Does the warranty cover ABC and all the components?

Last edited by BlownV8; 04-04-2015 at 04:41 PM.
Old 04-05-2015, 10:55 PM

Received 125 Likes on 95 Posts
2003 E55, 2003 SL55, 2014 CLS63, 2018 q50 Redsport, 1968 Camaro SS, 1999 Trans am Firehawk
sweet car, but I don't know why anyone would only do a single stage paint job on a car as great as that.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:35 AM

Thanks for the catch guys....I had meant to say any 2 stage paint not single stage paint
Old 04-07-2015, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I also posted this in the classified section.

Originally Posted by Mid_Cartell
When I purchased the car four years ago from a fellow MBworld member, it had been babied to a shameful level, lol. 19,000 miles and no mods outside of aftermarket wheels.
Who was the last owner on this forum, user name?

I ran the Carfax: WDBSK79F85F099592 One problem, the car was last sold 4/19/2013. How could you have owned it for 4 years when it was last purchased in April 19th 2013? I'm no mathmatician but.........???

There have been 5 owners in less than 35k miles. Any skeletons in the closet so to speak? That seems much higher than normal. You are selling after less than 2 years of ownership????

I'm really interested in the car but there are some serious descrepancies that have to be answered. I am posting here so they can be addressed. I'm sure these are the same questions that others are asking in their head or to you by email.

Sending from Iowa all the way back to California for a tear in the bumper seems very odd for a small repair and for someone who says they don't have a lot of money. Just shipping back and forth will be thousands of dollars and a repaint on the entire car will be $5k or more.

I want the car but I'm very skeptical.

Last edited by BlownV8; 04-07-2015 at 10:44 PM.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:52 PM

All very legit questions and I'll happily answer them all.

1. I purchased the car August 2011 from a member on this board. I will shoot him an email and see if he wants to chime in. I will be happy to email you or anyone else documents to prove that.

So why does it say 2013 on CarFax? Because that is when I finally registered the car. I drove around for more than a year on temp tags always with half of a mind to jump tittle, saving me money and the next owner another owner on his car fax report. I had no intentions of keeping this car for more than 2 years, I never have kept a car longer than that.

The car was just under 20k miles when I purchased it. I'll double check with the previous owner but I'm pretty positive he registered it under his personal name and then business name so really 4 owners...but at any rate, no question that is a lot of owners for so little miles and I accounted for that in my asking price.

Skeletons - The only ones that I know of are the hail damage and tire scrap damage that happened on my watch. I talked to the previous owners dealership tech who did all the maintenance on the car well he had it, I then had the PPI done by a resident MBworld AMG MasterTech who came highly recommended (Nick 55), Nick couldn't believe how great of shape the car was in...and I have the VMI that shows no kind of red flags.

In my time of ownership, clean bill of mechanical health besides the two ABC struts done under warranty by my AMG MasterTech. In the last 8 months my dealer and then Serge at BenzWorks dug into the car looking for anything they could find to stick to the warranty company before I got to mods that would void the warranty. They couldn't find anything.

2. The reasoning behind sending the car all the way to BenzWorks in the first place is obvious, they are the best and they have been involved in more SL wide body builds than anyone else.

The plan was to have the car done by June of last year, ship it to the midwest where I would enjoy it and take it to midwest car shows to promote the website I was going to launch:
MidAmericaCarTell.com

Then send the car back to BenzWorks in October to upgrade the intake, cooling and install bigger turbos for SEMA (We had a spot lined up in the Toyo booth).

Unfortunately the car didn't get back to me until August so we decided to scrap SEMA and do the performance mods over the winter. I caught the tire scrap damage late fall and it was a no brainer to have the repair work done by the BenzWorks team at the same time I was having the performance mods done this winter.

Fast forward to today, I get married in 17 days have my first kid on the way which was not the plan and I'm now trying to make the right family man decision to sell the car instead of spending my money on power gains.

I think that covers everything but if I missed anything, please feel free to ask any questions. Also, as I said I have all the documentation to support everything I say as fact, shoot me an email and I'll send it your way.

Neither the hail damage nor the tire scrap damage shows up on CarFax nor is there any sign of it on the car. If I was trying to be anything but completely transparent I would have never disclosed either of those details...but I did and have included both factors into my asking price.

Originally Posted by BlownV8
A also posted this in the classified section.

Who was the last owner on this forum, user name?

I ran the Carfax: WDBSK79F85F099592 One problem, the car was last sold 4/19/2013. How could you have owned it for 4 years when it was last purchased in April 19th 2013? I'm no mathmatician but.........???

There have been 5 owners in less than 35k miles. Any skeletons in the closet so to speak? That seems much higher than normal. You are selling after less than 2 years of ownership????

I'm really interested in the car but there are some serious descrepancies that have to be answered. I am posting here so they can be addressed. I'm sure these are the same questions that others are asking in their head or to you by email.

Sending from Iowa all the way back to California for a tear in the bumper seems very odd for a small repair and for someone who says they don't have a lot of money. Just shipping back and forth will be thousands of dollars and a repaint on the entire car will be $5k or more.

I want the car but I'm very skeptical.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Interior pics of the drivers seat and bolster would help too. You can never have too many pictures. The more pictures you post the better the chance of selling quickly. Have the body shop send to you if you don't have the car.