SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Streamblue - Bluetooth streaming through the factory COMAND system, want it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 02:32 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2005 SL65 AMG
Streamblue - Bluetooth streaming through the factory COMAND system for sale...

I have the Streamblue Bluetooth adapter for the SL65 Bose system with fiber optics. This thing sells for $400.00. I'm going to be removing it soon. Anyone interesting in picking this thing up from me when I get the new system installed?

I'm looking to get $200 from it, this is a steal. Allows Bluetooth on the factory COMAND system.

https://navtv.com/products/NTV-KIT510/streamblue.html

I also have the MOST/AUX box, you need both to make this work. $200

https://navtv.com/products/NTV-KIT00...-mercedes.html

Both for $400.00

Last edited by braddman; 01-24-2018 at 09:25 AM.
Old 02-20-2017, 02:39 PM

2005 SL65 AMG
Here's what's going in place if you haven't seen it.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:10 AM

2005 SL65 AMG
Here's how Streamblue works. Someone buy this from me.

Old 02-23-2017, 02:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
2007 SL55 AMG
Cool stuff. How is the sound quality? Is it comparable to the radio or more like CD quality?
Old 02-23-2017, 06:58 AM

2005 SL65 AMG
Originally Posted by desired_speeds
Cool stuff. How is the sound quality? Is it comparable to the radio or more like CD quality?
CD quality. The comand system thinks it's a CD lol.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL65, W211 E55, W210 E55
it will work in the 2006 SL65 (i.e. no aux input jack)?

How long did it take you to install?

Does the sound-track info show up on the display?

From the sounds of it, you have to "give up" the CD Changer (I've never used mine).

Lastly, how much were you looking for? feel free to PM me.

Have a bunch of questions on your new head unit - the Joying unit sounds great.

A few years ago, out of sheer disgust, boredom and temporary insanity, I ripped out the head unit in my E55, and replaced it with a (then kinda cool - or at least cooler than the original) unit that ran Windows Mobile. I wouldn't mind (for that price) swapping it out for the Joying unit. Or maybe even dropping a Joying into the SL.

I kept the original speakers, but had to install 2 new amps (one dedicated to subwoofer, one for the rest of the car) as the internal amplifier was entirely inadequate. So in the W211, i ended up with a bunch of cables/wires going from back to front and front to back.

Of course, now that anything goes wrong with the car (from an electronic perspective), the mechanic blames me for taking out the old head unit (and the other various components of the stereo).

I never did get it to work with the steering wheel controls, though. In any case, it sure looks better than the original.

How big of a PITA and how much extra "stuff" (like amps) did you have to buy? And where did you get the faceplate? How long did this take you to install? Or if you had it done, what kind $ did you have to shell out?

Sorry for all the questions. I love the cars, but hate the audio systems. It seems like M-B did EVERYTHING possible to ensure lasting dissatisfaction with their audio systems.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:29 PM

2005 SL65 AMG
I finally have this thing out of the car, does anyone want to buy it from me?
Old 01-22-2018, 12:39 PM

2005 SL65 AMG
Originally Posted by SoftwareHollis
it will work in the 2006 SL65 (i.e. no aux input jack)?

How long did it take you to install?
I didn't install it but it goes in the back at the end of the fiber loop.

Does the sound-track info show up on the display?

No LOL..never happening.

From the sounds of it, you have to "give up" the CD Changer (I've never used mine).

That is the case yes.

Lastly, how much were you looking for? feel free to PM me.

I'd like to get $200 for it.

Have a bunch of questions on your new head unit - the Joying unit sounds great.

A few years ago, out of sheer disgust, boredom and temporary insanity, I ripped out the head unit in my E55, and replaced it with a (then kinda cool - or at least cooler than the original) unit that ran Windows Mobile. I wouldn't mind (for that price) swapping it out for the Joying unit. Or maybe even dropping a Joying into the SL.

I kept the original speakers, but had to install 2 new amps (one dedicated to subwoofer, one for the rest of the car) as the internal amplifier was entirely inadequate. So in the W211, i ended up with a bunch of cables/wires going from back to front and front to back.

Of course, now that anything goes wrong with the car (from an electronic perspective), the mechanic blames me for taking out the old head unit (and the other various components of the stereo).

I never did get it to work with the steering wheel controls, though. In any case, it sure looks better than the original.

How big of a PITA and how much extra "stuff" (like amps) did you have to buy? And where did you get the faceplate? How long did this take you to install? Or if you had it done, what kind $ did you have to shell out?

I am not running aftermarket amps yet, but I will. I am using a fiber to RCA converter to use the factory amp. I used the Scosche R230 radio adapter kit. You can find it in ebay. I installed the radio myself, I am posting a guide for you.

https://youtu.be/sb_dxBPdbcY

Sorry for all the questions. I love the cars, but hate the audio systems. It seems like M-B did EVERYTHING possible to ensure lasting dissatisfaction with their audio systems.

See above for all my answers.

Old 01-24-2018, 09:24 AM

2005 SL65 AMG
I also have the MOST/AUX adapter as well. So we have the STREAMBLUE and the MOST AUX both for $400

https://navtv.com/products/NTV-KIT00...-mercedes.html