SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: SL65 Pics at MB of Tampa

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55
SL65 Pics at MB of Tampa

Enjoy! This one belongs to the owner...

Old 08-06-2004, 08:38 PM

'16 528i MSport
He let you guys even lean on his ride?! VIPER ALARM STAND BACK!
Old 08-07-2004, 12:29 AM

14 'E550
No offense, but why may I ask are you boys leaning against the guy's $190k car?

I'm not trying to be an a-hole, but as car enthusiasts you guys should know not to do that.

But regardless, that's a very hot car.
Old 08-07-2004, 02:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
funny.
Old 08-07-2004, 02:50 AM

sl 500
oh wow

i will never get sick of looking at a beautifully presented SL. you guys are lucky to touch SL65 in person. i will be lucky to see one for real in my country town
Old 08-07-2004, 03:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

damn thats one sick ride

lucky and nice owner as well
Old 08-07-2004, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 161 Likes on 130 Posts
R129 SL55 AMG & W208 CLK55 AMG
How does the performance on this compare to the performance on the Kleeman SL55K ?
Old 08-08-2004, 09:09 AM

Hey Monty, you should feel lucky touching an SL500 in person, I have only seen one current model drive past over here from memory! By the way, what town do you live in?
Old 08-08-2004, 10:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
SL55 AMG
Reminds me how US licence plates cheapen the look of even the most expensive ride...
Old 08-09-2004, 07:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2020 S560,14 ml350, 03 sl55, silver, pano, slr cams, evo headers, lsd, 2019 s63 cab.
always nice to see someone who does't know how to treat someone else's property better than their own.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:24 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by blueSL
Reminds me how US licence plates cheapen the look of even the most expensive ride...
Very true, first thing that stuck out at me

I need Euro plates on my Japanese car, that'll be a hoot!
Old 08-10-2004, 05:26 AM

Thats true, at least the plates in Australia aren't filled with pictures and cheap word-art text. I am also sure that the bootlid is designed differently for America, as I wcouldnt figure out why some looked better than others. The better looking ones have a wider and more shallow number plate area.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:40 PM

04 BMW m3
if i were the owner of that car i would not be happpy seeing people leaning on my car like that

good to see you guys dont care
Old 08-10-2004, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
Originally Posted by bimmerlover
if i were the owner of that car i would not be happpy seeing people leaning on my car like that

good to see you guys dont care
Old 08-10-2004, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 E55 AMG
It's only a car. As long as you don't scratch it or get it dirty, is the car gonna cry? Hahahaha... Only if the owner approves.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
You guys act, just like you look "LITTLE PUNKS"

Can't you put that into perspective? What would you do if you came out and saw two young PUNKS leaning nearly sitting on the hood of your car? I'd whip your ***!!! No matter what the car is it's not yours to treat like furniture... You probably put some fine scratches on it from the buttons on the back pockets of your shorts rubbing against the hood.. Guys like you infuriate me! You have no respect for others belongings.. Number 1 rule, You don't mess with another mans ride.......

Last edited by Thericker; 08-10-2004 at 11:14 PM.
Old 08-11-2004, 06:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2020 S560,14 ml350, 03 sl55, silver, pano, slr cams, evo headers, lsd, 2019 s63 cab.
take dinko off the board. a young poser without a clue.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG 2002, C 63 AMG 2009
Originally Posted by dinko
Enjoy! This one belongs to the owner...

[]
Ah, a "Sweet" whip to cruise down Bayshore or Dale Mabry with a girl from Mons Venus
Old 08-11-2004, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
Originally Posted by theboogers
take dinko off the board. a young poser without a clue.
I hope you mean that in a sarcastic way. It's just immature to judge people before even knowing them

I'm surprised you drive a SL55 with your attitude.

Now before we get this thread into a debate about who's better and who's not, lets just cool down, and you being a "old" poser judging people makes no sense.

Thanks,

dinko
Old 08-11-2004, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
Originally Posted by thericker55
Can you put that into perspective? What would you do if you came out and saw two young PUNKS leaning nearly sitting on the hood of your car? I'd whip your ***!!! No matter what the car is it's not yours to treat like furniture... You probably put some fine scratches on it from the buttons on the back pockets of your shorts rubbing against the hood.. Guys like you infuriate me! You have no respect for others belongings.. Number 1 rule, You don't mess with another mans ride.......
Oh, and also, who do you think directed me to the car? Some of you people on this board are so immature. If you want to know, lets just say I know the owner.

Anything else you'd like to share?

Last edited by dinko; 08-11-2004 at 05:41 PM.
Old 08-11-2004, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
IAlso have something to say about this. I was going to not say anything but since this is harsher than I think is necessary...here goes.

Originally Posted by thericker55
Can't you put that into perspective? What would you do if you came out and saw two young PUNKS leaning nearly sitting on the hood of your car? I'd whip your ***!!! No matter what the car is it's not yours to treat like furniture... You probably put some fine scratches on it from the buttons on the back pockets of your shorts rubbing against the hood.. Guys like you infuriate me! You have no respect for others belongings.. Number 1 rule, You don't mess with another mans ride.......
Do you know these boys personally or know of actions they have done to make them punks? If the only reason for that accusation are these pics than I have to say that most of this above is just and an unnecessary show of aggression. over the internet non-the-less. I usually like to see everyone talking like there the ones that are going to be doing all the *** whippen like maybe the person your talken **** to is more of a maniac than urself.

Lets think about this from a logical point. Follow me over here.... It looks to me as there is at
least one of these guys owns a Mercedes already, and it also looks to have one on the way probably both from the owner of the car who owns the dealership. Do you think the owner of the dealership cares if a couple Mercedes fans/ clients take a few pics of his car? I am also glad that Dinko made the comment "who do you think directed me to the car?" because I was also heading that direction.

This could be a whole totally different situation if the car was at say....Publix and they didn’t know anything about the owner at all. But it wasn’t.

In ur words, Guys like you infuriate me! You obviously fly off the handle real easy at stupid **** without thinking things through clearly and then mouthing off about it!
Old 08-11-2004, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
Originally Posted by deuce zer0
IAlso have something to say about this. I was going to not say anything but since this is harsher than I think is necessary...here goes.

Do you know these boys personally or know of actions they have done to make them punks? If the only reason for that accusation are these pics than I have to say that most of this above is just and an unnecessary show of aggression. over the internet non-the-less. I usually like to see everyone talking like there the ones that are going to be doing all the *** whippen like maybe the person your talken **** to is more of a maniac than urself.

Lets think about this from a logical point. Follow me over here.... It looks to me as there is at
least one of these guys owns a Mercedes already, and it also looks to have one on the way probably both from the owner of the car who owns the dealership. Do you think the owner of the dealership cares if a couple Mercedes fans/ clients take a few pics of his car? I am also glad that Dinko made the comment "who do you think directed me to the car?" because I was also heading that direction.

This could be a whole totally different situation if the car was at say....Publix and they didn’t know anything about the owner at all. But it wasn’t.

In ur words, Guys like you infuriate me! You obviously fly off the handle real easy at stupid **** without thinking things through clearly and then mouthing off about it!
I really appreciate this comment, and agree.

I hate to debate over little things such as this, but my suggestion is that we all go back to topic. I took these pics to simply share the experience I had of seeing the 65 for the first time, and was not asking for a debate. If you guys want to discuss anything else besides the topic, I will be happy to give you my email, and when I'm in the mood to read ****, I will do so.

Thanks, and enjoy the pics for those of you seeing them for the first time!
Old 08-11-2004, 06:56 PM

All of the above
You Got Flamed For No Good Reason

Dinko,

You took the time to post pics of an exciting new model that most of us have not seen and you got flamed for it. Not fair. Some people here are so quick to throw someone "under the bus".

My friend at work was in the navy and has the following to say about going out of your way to be nice/helpful:
NAVY stands for: Never Again Volunteer Yourself!
Old 08-11-2004, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
If you don't like people to make comments on what they see...

Originally Posted by dinko
Oh, and also, who do you think directed me to the car? Some of you people on this board are so immature. If you want to know, lets just say I know the owner.

Anything else you'd like to share?

You should have clearly noted on your 1st post that the owner didn't mind you leaning, nearly sitting on his $200k car.....
Instead all you did was say "This ones the owners" Makes it look like you just walked up, and deduced it was owned by the owner of the dealership
Old 08-11-2004, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Listen up and learn something...........

[QUOTE=deuce zer0]IAlso have something to say about this. I was going to not say anything but since this is harsher than I think is necessary...here goes.
Do you know these boys personally or know of actions they have done to make them punks? If the only reason for that accusation are these pics

Below was posted by thericker....

1) You seriously should look into some intensive, remedial english courses.
2)What I said about finding someone leaning, nearly sitting on my car.
I would, and will "WHIP THEIR ***"
3)As I just explained to "dinko" if he would've been more succinct about getting the owners permission to lounge on his $200k Mercedes, I would of past it completly by.
4)Posting it the way he did made it seem otherwise, get it? stupid!

Last edited by Thericker; 08-11-2004 at 08:47 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: SL65 Pics at MB of Tampa