SL65 AMG Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the R230 SL65 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Where are all the SL65BS owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 01:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
Where are all the SL65BS owners

Amazed at the lack of posts on this subforum! I realize there aren't a huge number of SL black series out there but this place is a ghost town!!
Old 01-18-2012, 01:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 CLK63 Black Series
Please see latest SL Black Series resale values to let you know where the owners are--as amazing as a car this is there does not seem to be any passion behind it's ownership. I'm not hating on the car as I truly love it--it's just that the owners do not seem engaged and there is relatively rapid turnover. SL Black=great car, no passion.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:48 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
2005 C55 AMG - 2018 340i - 2006 SL55 AMG - Sold
Originally Posted by v tach
Please see latest SL Black Series resale values to let you know where the owners are--as amazing as a car this is there does not seem to be any passion behind it's ownership. I'm not hating on the car as I truly love it--it's just that the owners do not seem engaged and there is relatively rapid turnover. SL Black=great car, no passion.
The Mercedes Benz enthusiasts groups are in general much smaller. The tuning world and enthusiasts group for BMW is huge. My biggest shock in going from BMW to Benz has been the lack of passion there seems to be for Mercedes.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK & GL
Originally Posted by LukasBMW
The Mercedes Benz enthusiasts groups are in general much smaller. The tuning world and enthusiasts group for BMW is huge. My biggest shock in going from BMW to Benz has been the lack of passion there seems to be for Mercedes.
+1
Old 01-22-2012, 09:07 PM

SL65 Black Series, '14 CLS63 S-model
Originally Posted by v tach
I have to agree that there is a silence on the Black Series front. I am the first (and last) owner of my Black SL, but I'm very alone in this GT3, DBS, and M-Powered environment. Many, many C63s running around, the occasional SLS, but the Black's be damned. Just doesn't seem to be much spark behind the AMG badging.

Although I love taking the beast out of it's cage on occasion, it does not flick at my senses the way my GT3 RS does. Even though the Black has nearly twice the "everything"(except the excitement), I have a much more enjoyable drive in my Porsche. I cannot imagine my senses in the new Aventador or 458... Even my freind's SLR Mclaren is a bit of a bore, if you're not trying to pound it on the open road. I've heard the Mclaren MP4-12 is lacking in visceral excitement (comparatively).

My guess is that they are too refined and controlled. But, they look like they would be the devil reincarnated (they sure go like it). AMG needs a flashy, fun car that gives the driver plenty of shrinkage in his jockey-shorts. Sorry, but that just hasn't happened yet, not even with an SL65 Black Series.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:27 AM

C55 AMG
Originally Posted by VeryBlackSL65
I have to agree that there is a silence on the Black Series front. I am the first (and last) owner of my Black SL, but I'm very alone in this GT3, DBS, and M-Powered environment. Many, many C63s running around, the occasional SLS, but the Black's be damned. Just doesn't seem to be much spark behind the AMG badging.

Although I love taking the beast out of it's cage on occasion, it does not flick at my senses the way my GT3 RS does. Even though the Black has nearly twice the "everything"(except the excitement), I have a much more enjoyable drive in my Porsche. I cannot imagine my senses in the new Aventador or 458... Even my freind's SLR Mclaren is a bit of a bore, if you're not trying to pound it on the open road. I've heard the Mclaren MP4-12 is lacking in visceral excitement (comparatively).

My guess is that they are too refined and controlled. But, they look like they would be the devil reincarnated (they sure go like it). AMG needs a flashy, fun car that gives the driver plenty of shrinkage in his jockey-shorts. Sorry, but that just hasn't happened yet, not even with an SL65 Black Series.
I agree, the Black Series owners seem to only care for the name, not the meaning behind it! I have been trying to change that with the club I am running now. By organizing over 70 official members and counting, we are able to bring the enthusiasts out of their garages and into the public's eyes where people will be able to know what exactly AMG means and how sacred the Black Series name truly is!

The club I started is the only one in the NorthEast and constantly has exclusive conjoining events with the Ferrari Club of America, Exotics Rally, and the like, we are currently working on official MBUSA recognition and sponsorship.

If anyone is interested please do not hesitate to let me know! This is not ment to be an advertisement of any kind but a mere call to arms of sorts.

Hope to see more of you guys out on the streets,

Adam
Old 01-24-2012, 03:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 C200K SS, '05 Kleemann CLK500K, '08 Hummer H3 & '92 Z34 5sp (track car in Canada)
I've seen quite a few of them here in Dubai, white, black, dark gray and a few vinyl wrapped. I snap pics anytime I can, sex on wheels.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2013 G63 AMG
I'm here! But this forum is boring for the black series!

It's a really good looking car but it's too fast and has too much torque for its own good!
Our CLK 63 black series is much more fun!

But i drive the SL65 black series quite often. It's so beautiful, sounds great and is a real head turner. Also very smooth as a daily driver! Just obnoxious when you floor it!
Old 01-24-2012, 08:16 PM

C55 AMG
Originally Posted by vcruiser
I'm here! But this forum is boring for the black series!

It's a really good looking car but it's too fast and has too much torque for its own good!
Our CLK 63 black series is much more fun!

But i drive the SL65 black series quite often. It's so beautiful, sounds great and is a real head turner. Also very smooth as a daily driver! Just obnoxious when you floor it!
That is great to hear vcruiser! I'm glad you are one of the few who actually drives their SL65 BS! It would be great if you were around here because I have never had the privilege to witness one first hand! I also see you have quite the collection, your a very lucky man!

Adam