SLK-Class (R170) 1998-2003: SLK 200, SLK 230K, SLK 320

SLK/R170: Kleemann Boost Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2003, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK230
Angry Kleemann Boost Kit

On my SLK230 from 98 I have mounted a Kleemann Bost Kit ( 2.3 ? ). The SLK is with aut. trans. When I start the car in the morning, and its cold outside ( 3 deg. C ) the kompressor is activated from the start, and because of this, the transmission won't shift. After 2 approx. 2 min. the problem disappear. Anyone have the same prob. ???
Old 02-06-2003, 03:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'02 SLK32 AMG
It won't shift at all?

It really doesn't sound like a problem with your boost kit. The kompressor is supposed to engage when it's cold to help the engine warm up faster and reduce exhaust emissions. Also the transmission is supposed to have higher shift points when it's cold for the same reason.

I really don't know what the problem is. Could be an electronics problem, could be low transmission fluid. Have you tried switching the "W/S" switch for the transmission?
Old 02-06-2003, 04:09 PM

Hr. Knudsen

Jeg kan forsikre dig om at dette problem intet har med dit KLEEMANN boost kit at gøre. Boost kittet får kun kompressoren til at "snurre" lidt hurtigere rundt, så der kommer mere effekt når du laster motoren. Tomgang og dellast har kittet ingen effekt på noget som helst, hvis det havde været kittet så havde du haft problemer med fuld last.

Det problem du garanteret har, er når motoren / gearkassen er helt kold og du køre med let speeder, så føles det som om den bliver hængende i gearet og du faktisk må provokerer speeder pedalen lidt op og ned for at få den til at skifte ???????
Når gearkassen er varm er der ingen problemer.

Hvis du kan nikke genkendende til oven stående, så besøg en gearkasse expert, f.eks. Mr. transmition i Lyngby.
Old 02-06-2003, 04:32 PM

SLK230
Cool

Well it shift after 1-2 min when the engine get worm. I have not tried the S/W switch, but I will try it tomorrow. I have tried to disconnect the kompressor before I start, and then the aut. trans. work fine !!
Old 02-06-2003, 05:05 PM

Drive the car in Rungsted habour, collect the insurance money
and the problem will be gone
Old 02-06-2003, 05:17 PM

SLK230
Lucas, very funny.
As a sales director for Kleemann you are very serius. How about coming up with some kind of answer.
Old 02-06-2003, 09:45 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Re: Kleemann Boost Kit

Originally posted by jknudsen
On my SLK230 from 98 I have mounted a Kleemann Bost Kit ( 2.3 ? ). The SLK is with aut. trans. When I start the car in the morning, and its cold outside ( 3 deg. C ) the kompressor is activated from the start, and because of this, the transmission won't shift. After 2 approx. 2 min. the problem disappear. Anyone have the same prob. ???
MBZ cars will start in first gear and upshift VERY late, hanging in first until almost redline, when very cold. This is normal- it is MBZ's way of heating the primary catalyst as quickly as possible to bring it into emissions compliance. Normally this will last 100 seconds- on very cold days it may last longer.

I suspect that in warmer weather you will not have this problem, it has nothing to do with the kompressor or boost kit
Old 02-07-2003, 01:08 AM

Mabye I am funny, but I tried to ask you something and you ignored me, but I could get your attention.

KLEEMANN have just explained you why it's dooing that, it's normal and programmed in the cold start cyclus of the ECU/EGS.

If it's very bad, then I would ask an experts advise.
Old 02-07-2003, 03:01 PM

SLK230
Lucas, I didnīt see your reply in danish. Well I will talk to he company, which sold me the car and may be come back later. :p