SLK/R170: New Grille install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99' SLK230
Talking New Grille install

Hi people
I order my CLK grille from the dealer for $131.00, and install it yesterday. Sorry, I don't have my digital camera yet to show you. I followed some of the instruction from here, but I kinda do some experimentation of my own. I think I did a sloppy job, thus, it looks good on the outside. Next project, boost gauge installation, HID conversion, Alpine DVD installation, upgrade to 18' wheels. Anyone knows where I can find a girl for the passenger seat j/k folks
Old 07-26-2003, 02:45 AM

CLK320 & SLK230
Re: New Grille install

Originally posted by nemesis
Hi people
I order my CLK grille from the dealer for $131.00, and install it yesterday. Sorry, I don't have my digital camera yet to show you. I followed some of the instruction from here, but I kinda do some experimentation of my own. I think I did a sloppy job, thus, it looks good on the outside. Next project, boost gauge installation, HID conversion, Alpine DVD installation, upgrade to 18' wheels. Anyone knows where I can find a girl for the passenger seat j/k folks
pics on ur car pls
Old 07-29-2003, 12:52 PM

99' SLK230
Angry boost gauge installed, cd changer skipping

Well, I installed the boost gauge this weekend. I had to do some creative modification to the gauge pod. It looks alright, not pretty thus. Now at least, I know how much psi is coming out of my supercharger. It was reading steadily at 6psi at 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear. I think the boost reading vary depend on what brand you get. But now my damn cd changer is skipping on me. Does anyone have suggestion how to fix the problem? Thank you

p.s. pic will be posted soon.
Old 08-11-2003, 01:54 PM

99' SLK230
Talking almost done

Well, install the boost gauge, and the HID conversion kit, and change the spark plug to Denso Iridium spark plug, solve the skipping problem with the CD-Changer. Now decide between the Alpine DVD or the Clarion, or the Kenwood DVD player. Still waiting for the Bose rear sub to be send from Germany, and euro matching body paintside marker on the front bumper. I will get some pics when I get my digital camera. Sorry folks.

wish list

18' rim
kleenman Pulley/ECU
AMG brake system
Old 08-12-2003, 10:08 PM
Almost a Member!

slk
What K HID did you get, got some pic to post?
can you post some detail on the wiring, because I am thinking of doing the HID conversion, but worry if the will cause the instrument light to come on indiciating a burn out bulb.
Old 08-13-2003, 03:07 AM

99' SLK230
HID

Hi,
I got the HID conversion kit on ebay for $350. I can't remember the name. But it's advertise wattage is 8500K premier white. Basically the white light has a mixture of purple tint in it, like the BMW, Mercedes, and Audi factory light. I haven't buy my digital camera yet. So I can't post any pics yet. But I will thus when I get my camera. But trust me it worth the money, and it is easy to install. I follow the wiring instruction come with the light for most part. The only thing I had to do to the car is changing the fuse for the headlight and slight modification to make it fit snuggly. I haven't got any problem yet with the light. Right now, I am waiting for my Clarion VRX935VD Multimedia in-dash to arrive and install it. Being patient with me, and I promise to post some pics soon. Sorry
Old 08-13-2003, 03:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Tesla Model S
you know what you get :0)
Attached Thumbnails New Grille install-worthlesswithout.gif  
Old 08-18-2003, 05:03 PM

SLK 55 AMG
I've had two grill modifications done to my car (both installed by myself).

The first one, the DJH aluminium wings:

And the new one, CL grill:

Old 08-19-2003, 01:28 PM

slk
Hi Shinigami! Where did you buy the cl grill??? I live in Italy so you can tell me where..is it difficult to install??
thanks
Old 08-19-2003, 05:15 PM

SLK 55 AMG
Hi, I'll paste below one of the e-mails I exchanged between the people that I bought my CL grill from, I think it should explain everything you need to know (it's VERY easy to install, takes 5 minutes).

Hello,

thank You, for your enquiry.

We use the Mercedes-Originalpart for the CLK, and modify it, to fit in the SLK ( as seen on the picture, in the MBSLK.de Forum ).

We start the production next week, and try to ship out, the first orders, within the next 3 weeks (n.b. this was last year, so they should have plenty in stock now)
The "Advertising Price" for the productstart is 189,- Euro ( for members of the MBSLK.de Community ).
Shipping to Switzerland will cost You 29,- Euro and you can pay buy banktransfer.

You can place Your order by e-Mail. We will send You a confirmation of order, after we have received Your e-Mail. In that mail we will transmit You the datas of our Bank-Account. After the money has arived on our account, the grill will be packed, and shipped to Your Adress.

Greetings from Germany,

Werner Schoeberl

XTC - X-treme Tuning Center
Sulzbacher Strasse 13
D-92284 Poppenricht

www.x-t-c.com
info@x-t-c.com

Tel.: +49 (0) 96 21 / 67 37 67
Fax: +49 (0) 96 21 / 67 37 57

That's it, it even has the phone number, e-mail address and website address. Good luck !!!
Old 08-19-2003, 08:41 PM

CLK320 & SLK230
Shinigami , may I know what it is
" Digit-Power: Increased engine power by 30bhp and torque by 50. "

it is a computer chips ... ??? any more information about this ?
thank you very much
Old 08-20-2003, 02:59 PM

SLK 55 AMG
It is a pulley upgrade.
Old 08-26-2003, 04:08 AM

slk
Can i buy the CL or CLK grill and modify by myself? is it possible? Cause in my city there aren't special part shops.
thanks
Old 08-26-2003, 04:54 AM

CLK320 & SLK230
i think u can order the pre-mod. grill from ebay