SLK-Class (R170) 1998-2003: SLK 200, SLK 230K, SLK 320

SLK/R170: Tampa Bay SLK Owners?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C240
Tampa Bay SLK Owners?

If you own an SLK and live in St. Pete, Tampa, Clearwater or nearby, please post to this thread!
Old 05-28-2004, 11:11 PM

SLK32 in Palm Harbor. Firemist with black interior.
Old 05-29-2004, 06:48 AM

Mercedes C240
Tampa Bay

Nice color, smac!

Stand by, and let's see who else responds.
Old 06-08-2004, 01:45 PM

98 silver 230
clearwater

-mike
Old 06-08-2004, 01:58 PM

Mercedes C240
to mjcother

Thanks for responding, mike!

A guy in Tampa, a USF student, is also interested.

Please continue to stand by!

- Tom
Old 06-25-2004, 10:06 AM

00 SLK Clearwater area!
Old 06-25-2004, 03:34 PM

Mercedes C240
Private Message to MJCother

Mike,

Sent you a private message. Please respond!

- Tom
Old 04-28-2010, 08:44 PM

2002 SLK 320
slk 320

I have a silver 2002 SLK 320 and live in Palm Harbor

I have a problem with the passenger window...I can't get it to raise. Can you manually raise it until I get to the dealer?
Old 04-29-2010, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by maydayfla
I have a silver 2002 SLK 320 and live in Palm Harbor

I have a problem with the passenger window...I can't get it to raise. Can you manually raise it until I get to the dealer?
I doubt it, it could be electrical or mechanincal.. probably mechanical if you can hear/feel it work momentarily.

I just had my driver fixed because it went up too far, a piece of metal that is glued to the bottom of the class came off. I had less than stellar experience at the dealer, and met the guy that owns Gulf Coast European (downtown Clearwater, on Myrtle), and he has been the only person I have taken it to for the last 4 years.. Jim had to fix some other door panel fasteners that he said the dealer must have unsuccessfully attempted to fix.

-mike
Old 04-29-2010, 09:57 AM

2002 SLK 320
window

Originally Posted by mjcother
I doubt it, it could be electrical or mechanincal.. probably mechanical if you can hear/feel it work momentarily.

I just had my driver fixed because it went up too far, a piece of metal that is glued to the bottom of the class came off. I had less than stellar experience at the dealer, and met the guy that owns Gulf Coast European (downtown Clearwater, on Myrtle), and he has been the only person I have taken it to for the last 4 years.. Jim had to fix some other door panel fasteners that he said the dealer must have unsuccessfully attempted to fix.

-mike
Thanks for the info...I got in the car this morning and the window worked! This car has cost me more money than a new car...so much for German engineering! I'll never buy another one.
Up until recently, I have had my car serviced by Rennen Imports on Kennedy in Hyde Park. I worked about a mile from them. They are race car mechanics and are extremely good, however, I now work in Citrus Park so they are really out of the way. Need someone closer to me. I live off East Lake near Lansbrook. I've heard good things about Gulf Coast...wish they were closer. I HATE THE DEALER! Okay...rant over.
I'm thinking a wire might be loose or a bad connection, but I'm sure the dealer would be happy to sell me an entire new unit rather than repair the existing switch.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:40 PM

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
2004 E55
2002 SLK 320 Silver with Black and Red interior with black burl trim

New Port Richey
Old 05-28-2010, 03:45 PM

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by maydayfla
Thanks for the info...I got in the car this morning and the window worked! This car has cost me more money than a new car...so much for German engineering! I'll never buy another one.
Up until recently, I have had my car serviced by Rennen Imports on Kennedy in Hyde Park. I worked about a mile from them. They are race car mechanics and are extremely good, however, I now work in Citrus Park so they are really out of the way. Need someone closer to me. I live off East Lake near Lansbrook. I've heard good things about Gulf Coast...wish they were closer. I HATE THE DEALER! Okay...rant over.
I'm thinking a wire might be loose or a bad connection, but I'm sure the dealer would be happy to sell me an entire new unit rather than repair the existing switch.
Have you tried Werner's in Tarpon... The father is a Mercedes Master Mechanic and his son Marcus owns the shop now and before he handed the shop over to him he made him go to German for a few years and work at Mercedes. They know there stuff have good prices and are very nice.