SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: Would you buy an SLK again ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 SLK55 P30
2 bags will not fit with the top down. For me to get my clubs in, I need to remove the woods and place them diagonally to get them to fit. You may be able to get 2 bags to fit with the top up though. I'll try to get 2 bags in there tonight when I get out of work

The trunk is deep enough for 2 bags but not wide enough for full length woods/drivers unless they are placed diagonally.

Besides, you could always have your wife hold on to her clubs in the passenger seat

Last edited by MarkR171; 06-20-2007 at 07:05 PM.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:13 PM

BMW M235xi cabriolet
Originally Posted by MarkR171
2 bags will not fit with the top down. For me to get my clubs in, I need to remove the woods and place them diagonally to get them to fit. You may be able to get 2 bags to fit with the top up though. I'll try to get 2 bags in there tonight when I get out of work

The trunk is deep enough for 2 bags but not wide enough for full length woods/drivers unless they are placed diagonally.

Besides, you could always have your wife hold on to her clubs in the passenger seat
Thanks for the feedback.
I'm not receptive to my wife holding anything in her hands (while I'm driving) which has the potential to cause me bodily harm..
I'm O.K. with removing the woods in order to get the bags in.
What size bag(s) are you able to get into your SLK?
Do you play a full set or 1/2 set?
Are you able to get 2 medium bags in with the top up or are they the Sunday bags?
Sorry about all these questions, but we golf fairly often and cruising back and forth from the course with the top down is 1/2 the fun. I'd hate to have to go back and forth with the top up - that defeats the purpose of having a roadster.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:59 PM
-1-

SLK55///AMG The MONSTER on the block
I'm not a gofer, so I can can't speak regarding the number of half or full size golf bags that will fit in the SLK trunk. I've been pleasantly surprised at the amount of space available in the SLK trunk with the "shelf" closed allowing the top to retract.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
I had a feeling that SLK's trunk bigger than Z4 has. However I'm lazy to see what actual capacity SLK trunk has.

What about camping? Can you put a tent, sleeping bags, a cooler in SLK trunk easily?
Old 06-21-2007, 10:35 AM

BMW M235xi cabriolet
Trunk size issue

[QUOTE=Dema;2282658]I had a feeling that SLK's trunk bigger than Z4 has. However I'm lazy to see what actual capacity SLK trunk has........
QUOTE]
No way is the SLK trunk close to being the same size as the Z4. I wish it was as there'd be no issue for me.
Unless someone here has tested the golf bag thing, I may have to buy 2 Sunday bags, fill them with 1/2 set each and go to my local MB dealer to run a test. If the SLK trunk won't hold that, then I'm going to have to look at another ride.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:29 PM

2007 SLK55 P30
Originally Posted by vhawk
Thanks for the feedback.
I'm not receptive to my wife holding anything in her hands (while I'm driving) which has the potential to cause me bodily harm..
I'm O.K. with removing the woods in order to get the bags in.
What size bag(s) are you able to get into your SLK?
Do you play a full set or 1/2 set?
Are you able to get 2 medium bags in with the top up or are they the Sunday bags?
Sorry about all these questions, but we golf fairly often and cruising back and forth from the course with the top down is 1/2 the fun. I'd hate to have to go back and forth with the top up - that defeats the purpose of having a roadster.
I play with a full set in a medium (I guess) sized bag. It's a full size bag but not one of those big bulky ones that you wouldn't dare play without a cart to carry it around. I'll go outside now to try and fit 2 medium bags in and take some pictures so you get an accurate idea of the size

Last edited by MarkR171; 06-21-2007 at 10:17 PM.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:56 PM

2007 SLK55 P30
Good news! After playing with it for about 5 minutes I got 2 full sets of clubs to fit. 2 full sets of irons and woods, 2 regular walking type bags and with the top down! I did have to cheat though. My driver was too long to fit in the trunk so I tucked it behind the 2 seats inside. Both seats can be pushed all the way back and the driver fits back there fine. My camera's battery is dead so it give me a bit for pictures...

The two bags with irons fit perfectly in the trunk, you just need to know how to place the woods so that they fit under the cover. Once you figure it out though, it should be easy to replicate every time you go golfing.

Edit: Here are the pictures...

With the cover open so you can see the space. 2 bags with irons only fit easy, woods need to be out of the bags to use the full space of the trunk.

With the cover closed and top down. (That's my roof at the top of the pic there, damn that mirror-like shine on black cars! )

Shaft of my driver hiding behind the seats.

My brother's Callaway driver fit in the trunk, but my Cobra 454 was too long for the trunk.

Last edited by MarkR171; 06-21-2007 at 10:16 PM.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:10 AM

2020 SLC43
Talking

bigSLK, I've had my SLK350 for 18 months and I have 5,100 miles on it. I'd be interested to hear how long others have owned their SLK's and how many miles they have driven their cars.
LOL! Bought a used 2005 SLK350 with 12,000mi on it. Have had it exactly a year and a half, and now it's got 47,610mi on it. Nooooooo, I don't love it or anything!

I would buy this car 1,000 times over. Being one of the first ones made, mine has had a few minor issues taken care of through warranty. But I look at it as a marriage. Every marriage has it's issues, but I couldn't be happier!
Old 06-22-2007, 04:23 PM

BMW M235xi cabriolet
[QUOTE=MarkR171;2284468]Good news! After playing with it for about 5 minutes I got 2 full sets of clubs to fit. 2 full sets of irons and woods, 2 regular walking type bags and with the top down! I did have to cheat though. My driver was too long to fit in the trunk so I tucked it behind the 2 seats inside. Both seats can be pushed all the way back and the driver fits back there fine. My camera's battery is dead so it give me a bit for pictures...

The two bags with irons fit perfectly in the trunk, you just need to know how to place the woods so that they fit under the cover. Once you figure it out though, it should be easy to replicate every time you go golfing.

Edit: Here are the pictures...

With the cover open so you can see the space. 2 bags with irons only fit easy, woods need to be out of the bags to use the full space of the trunk.

QUOTE]
MarkR171: Wow, Thanks a lot for all that work..
That is GREAT news.
Since my wife and I only ever play with 1/2 sets and 5 irons, 2 woods & putter, we could away with something between a medium bag and a Sunday bag. The woods would also need to go in the trunk as I'm 6'5" tall and I doubt there's going to be any room behind the drivers seat for any clubs.
My woods are not oversized, so they should fit O.K. in the trunk if I lay them on top of the bags.
I think I'll start searching the large Golf shops for the right sized bags.
Thanks again for your help...
Old 06-22-2007, 11:32 PM
-1-

SLK55///AMG The MONSTER on the block
I once caught a fish this big..... That SLK truck is deceiving. It carries more than one would think.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:22 AM
dsb
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 slk55
Originally Posted by -1-
I once caught a fish this big..... That SLK truck is deceiving. It carries more than one would think.
True. I've been to Costco with it. Not the best decision but it worked just fine.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:15 AM
Almost a Member!

2007 SLK55 AMG Iridium Silver
Originally Posted by BNT1120
i wouldnt buy an SLK again, im thinking about trading in my SLK for a SL/6 series. SLK is just too small , Many people tell me its a girls car =(. Other than other peoples comments, the ride itself isnt so smooth. And my slk350 comapred to many other cars today is pretty slow =(. 330i's are even faster. Hope i didnt upset any other SLK owners, but i really dont like the slk. Just my opinion, ( i think mainly because my friends pointed out all the cons ) .
no one has ever told me that my silver slk55 was a girl's car. even bimmer lovers admit that my car is hot ride. maybe it's because i have the 55 and it sounds the way it does. (you guys all know who they sound )

Last edited by mbSLRwannabe; 06-23-2007 at 02:17 AM.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:16 AM
Almost a Member!

2007 SLK55 AMG Iridium Silver
Originally Posted by dsb
True. I've been to Costco with it. Not the best decision but it worked just fine.
i go to the market everytime with my car. ever had a problem. haven't gone to costco yet tho
Old 06-25-2007, 11:18 AM

I love mine

Absolutely no problems. 6speed manual.

If you need more space get a SL. but for shear pleasure driving. my SLK350 is wonderful. One day I'll drive the Black Hills during Sturgis in it.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:56 PM

2007 SLK 350, 2006 Mini Cooper, 2003 GMC Envoy
Originally Posted by sailUSVI
Looking at different 2 seaters for my deserving wife I would just like to know how many of you are very happy with the car and the level of service. Would you buy another one ? Looking at a 350..........
.........stupid question do they come with a 6 speed manual? I could not find a manual on the web site while I was, pretend building her car....

Thanks for the input
No, I will not buy another one unless it offers lumbar support.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:38 PM

YES!!! but this time the 2008 AMG 6.3