Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OLD: 2004 C230 Sport Sedan, NEW: 2007 SLK350
$100: SLK350 R/C power-operated hardtop

$100: SLK350 R/C power-operated hardtop
=================================

Just bought this R/C car:
1:12 model of SLK350
http://www.eurotoyshop.com/Product.a...ctSKU=DS-19013

Costs a 100 bucks with shipping, but it goes pretty fast, and has a power-operated hardtop.

It also has realistic braking (not a sudden stop, that is), and lights and a horn.

Best of all, you can shift via TouchShift !

There are also some cones that come in the box, so that I can make my own slalom...

I did get a smaller (1:18) silver model, which has opening doors, hood, and trunk/hardtop. But it is not power-operated and is for display only.
http://benzfanz.com/slk55/
Old 10-12-2006, 01:54 PM

Hey... how come I can't add attachments...?

I can't seem to see other people's attached images either... but I can see signature pics and avatar pics...
Old 10-12-2006, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBZ SLK
Attachments isn't allowed for awhile now, used imaged shack and post the link.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Ynot
Attachments isn't allowed for awhile now, used imaged shack and post the link.
oh ok.. but I've seen some recent threads with people talking about pictures they just posted, and other people commenting on those pictures...

I thought it was some setting in my browser or my account.. but I tried looking at the same threads using different browsers, different PCs, even logged out to view it as a guest user, but I still don't see pictures...
Old 10-12-2006, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBZ SLK
Originally Posted by shahedC
oh ok.. but I've seen some recent threads with people talking about pictures they just posted, and other people commenting on those pictures...

I thought it was some setting in my browser or my account.. but I tried looking at the same threads using different browsers, different PCs, even logged out to view it as a guest user, but I still don't see pictures...
if you just click on the pic icon above and post the url of the pic, the images will show, trying to attach wil not.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:53 PM

ok, here goes..

the pic URL from the site:
Old 10-13-2006, 06:25 AM
Almost a Member!

2006 SLK280.
looks great i want one!
Old 10-13-2006, 10:07 AM

what no AMG package?
i want one with amg
Old 10-13-2006, 10:41 AM

man this thing is so fast...Speeding up with the TouchShift makes it even faster..

I knocked off a side-mirror while I drove it past my dining room chairs....

then I drove it under my living room sofa and knocked off a roll hoop...

I had to super glue the broken pieces together....

Anyway, the car is awesome.. it even has working headlights, automatic turn signals and a fake braking sound, when i hit the brakes..
Old 10-13-2006, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBZ SLK
man this thing is so fast...Speeding up with the TouchShift makes it even faster..

Anyway, the car is awesome.. it even has working headlights, automatic turn signals and a fake braking sound, when i hit the brakes..
If I buy one, I doubt if I will ever play with it, my 3 year old son has about 20 remote controls cars. Fixed up 350Z, celica, trucks, vans, etc, I hardly play with it.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:20 PM
dsb
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 slk55

Dude, you would think you'd learn from the first totalled car. Now, you got to wreck another one again? Well, let's just keep the wreckless driving away from the real thing!
Old 10-13-2006, 10:28 PM

If I buy one, I doubt if I will ever play with it, my 3 year old son has about 20 remote controls cars. Fixed up 350Z, celica, trucks, vans, etc, I hardly play with it.
Well, I was born and raised in the Third World, so I never really had a real remote control car...

by the time I was 10, I got a "Sonic Control" car, that would go either backward or forward if it "heard" a loud sound. It came with a wireless control, which made a loud (annoying) clicking sound.

Eventually, I got a remote control car but it wasn't so remote... there was a wire connecting the controller to the car...

Now I am pushing my 20s, rapidly approaching 30.. and I finally got myself a remote control car...

In the last few years, I did pick up a couple of 1:18 scale models of Mercedes and Ferrari cars, but those are in displayable boxes.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBZ SLK
Originally Posted by dsb
Dude, you would think you'd learn from the first totalled car. Now, you got to wreck another one again? Well, let's just keep the wreckless driving away from the real thing!
lol...

Well, I was born and raised in the Third World, so I never really had a real remote control car...

In the last few years, I did pick up a couple of 1:18 scale models of Mercedes and Ferrari cars, but those are in displayable boxes.
I wasn't raised in a 3rd world country but I never got a remote control car, my parents were poor then, most of my toys were made by myself, origami became my specialty, swords and daggars were made by melting metal, homemade slingshots for hunting birds, the good ole days.

I have scales models of a lambo gallardo, porsche cgt, and other various cars, those I do play with, I take them out, open the doors, hoods, trunks, etc.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:10 AM

... my parents were poor then, most of my toys were made by myself, origami became my specialty, swords and daggars were made by melting metal, homemade slingshots for hunting birds, the good ole days.
Really? what era was this?

I was a kid in the 80s and a teenager in the 90s.. Back in the 80s, I made swords and shields out of cardboard....

Heck, I had a He-man "collection".. made of paper cutouts.. ! (I drew and colored the characters myself!)

Originally Posted by dsb
I don't mention it around here much, but my gf was driving at the time the 230K got wrecked... (if you read my gf/wife thread, it's the same person who went with me to the dealership when I first bought it)

Obviously, it was an accident.... my insurance covered it... and fortunately, she was ok too... even the C-class is so safe! Crumple zones rock !