SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: SLK Black Series Carbon Fiber Front Bumper now available!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 01:10 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
SLK Black Series Carbon Fiber Front Bumper now available!

Here are pictures of our new Black Series partial carbon fiber front bumper for the SLK. This is an extremely rare part since this is made to fit the regular SLK Class, the real black series bumper is made to fit the wide body SLK it was designed for. This bumper is a direct replacement to the factory SLK front bumper.

Here is a link to it on our site.

http://www.euroteckmotorsports.com/i...il&product=254
I should have them ready soon. We have the factory carbon fiber hood in carbon fiber ready to ship also. I will try to get some pics up soon on that. Both these parts look incredible and the quality is just like factory parts.

Old 10-25-2006, 05:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much for shipping to Zip 28405 ? I have a standard black slk will I still need to paint it ?
Old 10-25-2006, 11:28 AM
Almost a Member!

2006 SLK280.
how much in sterling to ship to UK? i am loving the bumper! just what i was waiting for. do the standard fog lights of my slk280 fit that bumper?
Old 10-25-2006, 04:25 PM

The CF side vents look like something a kid added in his garage. Very tack and un-original looking in my opinion.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by surfeast
How much for shipping to Zip 28405 ? I have a standard black slk will I still need to paint it ?

Shipping is $95. The bumper does not come painted, so yes it needs to be painted to match your car.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:35 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by N4PWJ
how much in sterling to ship to UK? i am loving the bumper! just what i was waiting for. do the standard fog lights of my slk280 fit that bumper?
Send me an email at neal@euroteckmotorsports.com for a shipping quote, i will need a city and postal code to calculate it. The foglights from the SLK280 probably wont fit unless you already have the AMG body kit on it.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:36 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by Duo-Art
The CF side vents look like something a kid added in his garage. Very tack and un-original looking in my opinion.
Well then i suppose you don't like the real awesome AMG Black Series designed for the track. Our bumper is that exact thing only designed to fit the narrow body SLK instead of the widebody.

Old 10-26-2006, 12:44 AM
dsb
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 slk55
Why doesn't the picture show the screen? Does it not come with a screen? I wouldn't want anything flying into the radiator.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:21 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by dsb
Why doesn't the picture show the screen? Does it not come with a screen? I wouldn't want anything flying into the radiator.
Yeah, the mesh just wasn't installed. This was the first one we installed on a car, so it was done for a quick test fit and snap some pics. The stock mesh grill can probably work too, although i would need to double check on that.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
hmm

in your 1st and 2nd pic ... what are all those half hoops sticking down from the center vent(in front of the radiator)?
Old 10-26-2006, 05:06 PM
Almost a Member!

OOoooo pretty.

So you took an slk55 stock amg bumper, cut out the oem 2-slat vents and just replaced it with a huge hole with a cf border.

If that's the case, can we just your bodyshop to tweak our existing 55 bumper instead of buying a whole new replacement bumper?
Old 10-26-2006, 07:43 PM

BlackC230Coupe, I don't dislike the Cf side vents and wide body SLK track version. I just think that adding components that were designed for a track car to a street car is just another wanabe situation. Added vents and spoilers are apropriate for a high speed race track car but in my opinion it is imitating a race care when someone adds these items to their street car. I know I'm in the minority, but I laugh at people that do this because they are just massaging their own egos. Their cars are still street machines not racers.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:59 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
BlackC230Coupe, I don't dislike the Cf side vents and wide body SLK track version. I just think that adding components that were designed for a track car to a street car is just another wanabe situation. Added vents and spoilers are apropriate for a high speed race track car but in my opinion it is imitating a race care when someone adds these items to their street car. I know I'm in the minority, but I laugh at people that do this because they are just massaging their own egos. Their cars are still street machines not racers.
Very interesting way of putting it. We all know this bumper even on the real black series serves no advantage over the stock SLK55 bumper, it is clearly an aesthetic mod, the SLK this was designed for is no crazy non street legal SLK, it is just a very rare model, these vents are the same as the SL65 vents only in CF, we all know the SL65 is no crazy track car and i highly doubt you look at that car and laugh at the vents? These vents are no different then adding wheels, spoiler, front lips, lowering cars etc.. most modifying is done to either make your car different from others, or give it a sportier look, all mods out there mimic mods on real race cars.

I respect your opinion, I do like that we all have different taste because I think we can all agree, the world would be pretty boring if we all had the same mods on our cars.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:17 AM
Almost a Member!

relax buddy. it's just a standard slk55 bumper with the slats removed, and lined with carbon fiber around its the border...it ain't gonna add 40hp to the car, maybe just hint at the illusion of +40hp =D like every other exterior mod for our cars.

I think it looks good, how much is it neal? And again, is it possible for us to just send in our slk55 amg bumpers to get "tweaked" for the cf vents instead of buying an entire replacement bumper?

Last edited by Modbug; 10-27-2006 at 04:20 AM.
Old 10-27-2006, 03:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by Modbug
I think it looks good, how much is it neal? And again, is it possible for us to just send in our slk55 amg bumpers to get "tweaked" for the cf vents instead of buying an entire replacement bumper?
Unfortunately I do not have the capability to modify the stock bumper since we make this from our fiberglass mold. Even if we did, the price it would be and the time it would take without your bumper on your car and shipping it back and forth which is very expensive would just not be worth it at all and wind up costing the same or if not more then the bumper we sell.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I think what the guy wanted to say was "mods are fo suckas, your creativity is useless, be a drone"

Nah -- just joshin'. I think the bumper looks pretty phat, and sure as hell IMO is better than the black series. At least this way you can keep your drop top
Old 10-29-2006, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
HOLEY MOLEY that's hawt! I might buy an SLK just to fit that bumper.