SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: Available colors on new SLK (R171)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 03:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Available colors on new SLK (R171)

See post following photos of the blue SLK on the thread titled "Blue SLK 350."

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=60603

To go directly to the source (MBSLK.de) click on the following link:

http://www.mbslk.de/modules.php?op=m...showgall&gid=7

The following standard colors appear slated for the SLK:

alabasterweiss (960)- white
andradigrun metallic (816)- dark green
bellitooitblau metallic (950) - some kind of blue
bernsteinrot metallic (528) - some kind of red
cubanitsilber metallic (723) - pewter
teueropal (590) -? This must be the offered non metallic red
iridiumsilber metallic (775) -brilliant silver
jaspisblau metallic (345) - jasper blue
schwarz (040) - black
obsidianschwarz metallic (197) - metallic black
tansanitblau metallic (359) - tanzanite blue
tellursilber metallic (762) - diamond silver??

In addition 12 designo colors are available (probably only in Europe) which include the mauritiusblau featured in the thread titled "Blue SLK 350."

If I am wrong about my guesses for the US names for the above colors please correct as the color codes should match US colors if anyone here has access to the US color codes for other models.

Last edited by Mercedesfan; 02-16-2004 at 03:40 AM.
Old 02-17-2004, 11:09 AM

OK, had a chance to compare the codes numbers with the US names for various colors.

First, there are two new colors that are not currently available in the US. Brilliant silver has been replaced by a new code #775 which in Germany goes by iridiumsilber metallic. My guess is that this may well be the highly metallic silver that was offered on the last year of the old model SL in a special edition. I forget what it was called then but it is even better than brilliant silver. (One wonders if brilliant silver is being phased out in other models for 2005 as well?)

The other new color is code #950, a shade of blue. In Germany it is called bellitoitblau metallic.

New to the SLK line, but previously available on some other models are the following colors:

Mars Red (available on the 04 Sl and C) replaces magma red. code#590 is Mars red. It is not metallilc.

Orion blue now becomes available on the SLK. Its code number is #345 and is known as Jasper Blue elsewhere. It is a brilliant metallic blue which has been available as a special order color on the C Class.

Capri blue (#359) now is available on the SLK. It is a darker purplish metallic blue.

Diamond Silver (#762) previously only available on the SL now can be ordered for the SLK. This is a metallic silver with a hint of blue in it. In Germany it is calleed tellursilver metallic.

Returning are the old faithful colors of alabaster white (#960), the dark green metallic (#816), firemist red metallic (#548), pewter (#723), black (#040), and obsidian black metalllic(#197).

In the past the SLK has been available in the US in two different designo colors. Let's hope that at least one of those is the mauritusblau metallic featured on the thread "Blue SLK 350." If it isn't or if one does not want to pay the extra for designo, the newly added to the SLK line color of Orion Blue (#345) looks like it will be a pretty close match.
Old 02-18-2004, 12:12 PM

updated update regarding colors

Just got the official brochure for the new R171 SLK with color samples, interiors, etc. (only available in German). The above listing of colors proves to be accurate. Interestingly though the designo color seen on the thread "Blue SLK 350" is not shown as an available designo color in any of the color samples.

Also the super brilliant silver I was thinking of came with the special editiion SL called the Silver Arrow. I understand its code number was 777 which is not the same as the code number for the new brilliant silver replacement. Just how it differs from brilliant silver remains unknown. From the color sample in the German brochure it appears like brilliant silver with a little more grey in it but that could be completely wrong as those color samples can be misleading. Guess we will have to wait to hear from someone attending the Geneva show next month to get a first hand report of what this new silver looks like.

Paint code number for the new Iridiumsilber which replaces brilliant sliver is #775 - a code that appears to be completely new to any current Mercedes model.

Last edited by Mercedesfan; 02-18-2004 at 05:08 PM.
Old 02-22-2004, 07:01 AM

SL500
Hi Merc Fan

I've been looking for the brochure with the colour options (particularly the interior - I'll probably stick with my usual Obsidian for he exterior).

I'll probably go for an SLK55 and will probably go Black/Black, but I'm also considering the SLK350, and would like to see whether there are similar options to the Siam/Sienna Biege / Walnut Wood combo I used to have on a previous SLK320 that looked really good.

Is it the brochure posted anywhere, or could you scan it in a upload the images?

Cheers
Old 02-23-2004, 08:48 PM

There is a website with a lot of detailed information in acrobat reader format which is close to the brochure. I found it on a google search under SLK 2005. If I locate the link I may edit this post to add it later. Not set up to scan but perhaps someone in Germany could? As far as I know the brochure is only available in German at this point.
Old 02-26-2004, 02:15 AM

CLK W209 350, Previouse SLK R171 AMG Package
"Diamond Silver (#762) previously only available on the SL now can be ordered for the SLK. This is a metallic silver with a hint of blue in it. In Germany it is calleed tellursilver metallic."

Hello, Iam a previous owner of the R-170 SLK and I sold it last month. Now I am about to order the new SLK R171. It will cost 42.000 Euro with the extras.
I am wondering how does the Diamond Silver color look like. Can anybody show me a picture with the SL painted with Diamond Silver Colour?

Thank you very much.
Old 02-26-2004, 03:18 AM

Diamond Silver

There were some photos posted of Diamond Silver on the SL on either the SL55 or SL threads. You might try a search on those threads, assuming they survived some of the meltdowns that these forums have gone through recently.

Here is a link to a Diamond Silver SL55 that Felix posted:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...3&pagenumber=2

Last edited by Mercedesfan; 02-26-2004 at 01:56 PM.
Old 02-27-2004, 03:31 AM

Another photo of Diamond Silver on an SL

If you go to the following link which contains photos of the various Mercedes vehicles I have owned and driven over my lifetime you can see in photo #6 the Diamond Silver color on my SL500.

http://www.msnusers.com/MercedesCars...nw?albumlist=2
Old 02-27-2004, 04:57 PM

Unhappy

Thank you very much for your help. This colour is really very beautiful. Unfortunatelly the dealer told me that the colour cannot change since the car has been ordered. Anyway, I hope the briliant silver metalic looks as good as the diamond one. Thank you again.
Old 02-28-2004, 02:41 AM

That is interesting. I assumed that only German buyers could even specify their colors yet. (Or are you ordering from Germany and getting a German spec R171?) Also curious what the paint code number assigned to your ordered car is. I assume it must be the new iridiumsilber metallic (paint code #775) since the German brochure for the new SLK R171 has deleted brilliant silver. We are all hoping that the new iridium sliver is an improvement on brilliant silver, difficult though that may be to imagine. Several years ago Mercedes came out with an ultra metallic brilliant silver which they offered with the special edition Silver Arrow Mercedes. I believe its paint code was #777. If this new iridium silver is anything like that color you will be more than happy.
Old 02-28-2004, 01:40 PM

I hope it to be exactly as you say. I have ordered it directly from the factory in Stuttgard. Fortunately a friend of mine works there. I am from Greece and be sure that as soon as I get it I will send you some pictures. I suppose it will be one of the first cars in Greece. I was told at the end of March it will start being exposed at the Mercedes Dealers.
Old 03-11-2004, 08:17 PM

New Silver (Code 755) Replacing Brilliant Silver to be available on M Class

Just learned that we in the US can get an early peek at what the new "Iridium Silber" (code 755) will look like on the SLK by checking out early 2005 ML Class models which will also have the new silver. The US name for this new color has not been announced yet but my guess is it will be called "Platinum Silver" as "Iridium" is of similar color and is a more obscure term. (It is looking more and more like this is going to be a color change across the Mercedes line and may have something to do with the new Nano paint to further distinguish the paints for repair and touch up purposes. Good bye brilliant silver, let's hope your replacement is just as attractive, if not even more so.)