SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: Golf Bag In the Trunk?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2004 | 12:26 AM

Golf Bag In the Trunk?

Does anyone have any pictures of New SLK with golf bags in the trunk? My salesman told me it's good enough for one golf bag with top up. But I never trust them, because they don't even have the car to show it to me.

For all of you who live in the North America, It's so lucky you can get the NEW SLK so soon and so cheap! For us who lives in Asia has to pay for more than double of sales price in USA. The base price of new SLK 200k in Taiwan is 78K. Not to mention the SLK 350 is 100k+. The waiting period is over an year. Unbelievable right!

Therefore I don't want to buy a car that cost this much and find it out that it can't even fit a golf bag. Because this is will only be my weekend car.
Old 09-13-2004 | 06:23 PM

2003 E320
I do not know for sure but if it is wide enough for it to lay flat, I think two would fit, one on top of the other.

I was surprised at the trunk size. I felt the trunk looked bigger in the new SLK. As you can see in another post mine, my son's disassembled wheelchair fits quite nicely in our 1999 SLK (with room to spare!) but no way in the new SLK. If it is really important, I would suggest you wait until someone has verified it for sure.
Old 09-21-2004 | 02:17 AM

For those of you who are wondering that if a golf bag will fit in the trunk of new SLK. Well the answear is Yes and No.

Last week I tried to fit my 9.5" Nike golf bag into a trunk of New Slk. It fit in but the trunk won't able to close. Than my dealer came up with a more compact golf bag, then it fit perfectly. But the only problem was that we had to take out the driver. because it's more than 43" long. But most of drivers on the market these days are arround 44". Well I guess for those who want to drive this car to the golf course. Either chop down the driver or take out the driver and put it in the passenger seat.
Old 09-21-2004 | 09:32 AM

2005 SLK350 - 2006 ML350
Originally Posted by cchris
For those of you who are wondering that if a golf bag will fit in the trunk of new SLK. Well the answear is Yes and No.

Last week I tried to fit my 9.5" Nike golf bag into a trunk of New Slk. It fit in but the trunk won't able to close. Than my dealer came up with a more compact golf bag, then it fit perfectly. But the only problem was that we had to take out the driver. because it's more than 43" long. But most of drivers on the market these days are arround 44". Well I guess for those who want to drive this car to the golf course. Either chop down the driver or take out the driver and put it in the passenger seat.
Interesting that in the newly updated MBUSA Website 360 panorama pictures, there is a picture of the trunk with two golf bags in it...guess they can be found in small sizes, but is this going to frustrate those with bigger bags
Old 09-21-2004 | 11:32 PM

Smile

Thank you for your information, I have been looking for pictures of golf bags in the trunk of New SLK.

I don't know how they can fit two golf bags into the trunk, but it's really interesting to see they can also fit drivers in it too. I will go back to my dealer and ask how they do it!
Old 09-21-2004 | 11:56 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by cchris

Just to clarify, when cchris here talks about "drivers", he means clubs....not people :p
Old 09-29-2004 | 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55AMG W203; 330i E90
SLK - no way - a golf bag !
Pls Correct me if I am wrong
Old 09-30-2004 | 03:16 PM

'08 SL65
It's simple. Give up golf.
Old 10-07-2004 | 05:19 AM

Golf Bag in the Trunk

I have ordered a SLK350 and the deciding factor was could I get my golf bag in the boot/trunk. I took my Titliest carry bag which was stuffed with wet gear (I live in Ireland) and tried it. I had to take out the woods and put them beside the bag. It was tight but it did fit and the roof was able to lower. Not quite as impressive as my wife's Boxster which will take my bag complete with driver but SLK 350 has that wonderful solid roof.

Taking drivers out of the bag is now a common factor, I cannot get my bag across the boot/trunk of the Porsche Cayenne without taking the driver out! Petty but a deciding factor not to buy one for me anyway!

Richard