SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: Diamond Silver vs. Iridium Silver, Comments Please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 330ci, SLK350 on order
Smile Diamond Silver vs. Iridium Silver, Comments Please!

I've placed the order for the SLK350 earlier this month. Initially I was thinking of getting white exterior and blue interior. But I was convinced by the salesperson to get diamond silver cos' he said it's a nice and unique color. Now I'm undecided. Does someone has a picture of a diamond silver exterior with a red interior? I want to see how the match looks like. Other recommendations in regard to color combinations will also be deeply appreciated!
Old 09-21-2004, 08:09 PM

2005 MB SLK 55 AMG
I like Diamond a lot. It's a cold silver (i.e. there are 3 temperature silvers, cubanit, Telluride (Diamond in the US) and Iridium.

Cubanit is the warmest of them (in the red spectrum) and Diamond the coldest. I drove one for about a week and quite liked it. It has a blueish tint to it. SOME people say it's more feminine, but that's personal opinion of course. Iridium is the standard silver most of these cars come in. ALso very nice, but a bit boring. Cubanit in my opinion looks 'old'.

I am not crazy about red interior, I would get black with either, but again, a personal decision.

Try this site http://www.mbslk.de. It's in GERMAN, but look at the gallery and you can see some samples. Again, Diamond in 'Telluride. Pictures are no equal to seeing it live though.

Bottomline: Both are nice. :-)

Best,
Dan.

Originally Posted by Purin313
I've placed the order for the SLK350 earlier this month. Initially I was thinking of getting white exterior and blue interior. But I was convinced by the salesperson to get diamond silver cos' he said it's a nice and unique color. Now I'm undecided. Does someone has a picture of a diamond silver exterior with a red interior? I want to see how the match looks like. Other recommendations in regard to color combinations will also be deeply appreciated!
Old 09-22-2004, 09:21 AM

11' E-350 BlueTec
I like it too. In fact, I ordered mine in Diamond Silver with red interior. It is a matter of personal taste, so whatever makes you happy, go ahead and do it !!! I'm a guy and I don't agree with the feminine comments...
Happy driving !!

Angel
Old 09-22-2004, 12:14 PM

To get red interior (allowed, but not recommended) with the Dimond Silver did you have to pay an extra charge as was required on the SL with that combination?
Old 09-22-2004, 01:24 PM

11' E-350 BlueTec
Originally Posted by Mercedesfan
To get red interior (allowed, but not recommended) with the Dimond Silver did you have to pay an extra charge as was required on the SL with that combination?
Nope. You just pay the extra for the metallic paint, but there's no additional cost for that combination.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:56 PM

Hey I have one more question. I've seen pictures with the red interior, but never seen one in real. However, some pictures show a brighter red (like the one in the mbusa website) and some show a darker red. I guess it's really because of where you take the picture (under sunlight or not). If anyone has seen one in real, can you please let me know whether this is a bright bright red or not??? in the mbusa website, it only states it's "red".
Old 09-22-2004, 07:56 PM

2005 MB SLK 55 AMG
red

There is only one red (877), but the red on the SLK55 AMG (857) is tad different (the SLK55 being duo-tone, the 350 is uni). I have seen both, the 350 in daylight - didn't seem that bright to me, it's sort of burgundy. But then, it's hard to descibe it really - you ought to be able to see it (the 350 version at least) at a dealer near you who have demos now. Don't rely on subjective opinions :-) It's not my favourite, but in my opinion, no, it's not really bright at all.
Best,
Dan

Originally Posted by Purin313
Hey I have one more question. I've seen pictures with the red interior, but never seen one in real. However, some pictures show a brighter red (like the one in the mbusa website) and some show a darker red. I guess it's really because of where you take the picture (under sunlight or not). If anyone has seen one in real, can you please let me know whether this is a bright bright red or not??? in the mbusa website, it only states it's "red".
Old 09-23-2004, 07:21 PM

2001 C320 Sport
See posting in this link that has a picture of the red. Along with a pciture of the Diamond Silver.

http://slk350.blogs.com/350/2004/09/colors.html
Old 09-24-2004, 01:56 AM

Diamond Silver is Better

I am 16 years old and my SLK 350 is coming around Oct. 2004.

I got the exterior color to be Diamond Silver and the interior color to be chorcal (black). I am not going to sell this car, but for those who want to in the future, if ur exterior color is silver or black and your interior is black, then you have a higher resell price. Meaning your car is worth my than the guy who bought the same car but his car has red/blue/grey/brown interior and blue/red/yellow/green exterior in the same day.

My car is going to me a Diamond Silver/Chorcal SLK 350 2005. I got the AMG PACKAGE(rims, body kits on front, sides, and back, spoiler, better brakes and suspension, gear shifting, and car is lowered 10mm). Many people did not know when you get the AMG PACKAGE they lower your car 10mm, this makes your car go a little bit faster because more of the wind going ocer the car, but under it. This may sound weird, but its kind of like how airplanes need their wings and wind flow. I am also getiing the Premium Package(comes with some climate control stuff, garage opener, wireless drop top on the smart key, and a lot more. Also I am getting the comfort package(power seats and memory, and more. Also I am getting the 6-dics cdplayer and I am getting illuminated blue door sills.

I am going to try to get the 16 spoke AMG wheels instead of the 5 spoke AMG wheels. If I can't I will trade the 5 spoke AMG wheels for the standard 10 spoke wheels and have mercedes chrome them for me.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:40 AM

2006 s2000
wow your a luck 16 year old. Post you pictures when you get the car. I would love to see what that silver looks like.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:30 PM

Thanks so much for everyone's comments!! NooLimits.....I agree with you that black interior has a higher resale value. Geez, it's a tough decision to make. Black interior has higher resale value, but red would definitely be more unique. That's why I want to get other people's opinion as to the color for the interior. If it is a bright red color, it would definitely be ruled out. But if it's a darker one, it's still considerable.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:58 PM

Diamond Silver is in this forum place.

Just look around the forum for SLK R171 and a lot of people are talking about it and they give websites too.

or go to this website. It has diamond silver, irdiumim silver, mars red, black.
http://slk350.blogs.com/350/2004/09/diamond_silver_.html

if above website doesn't work copy below and paste in web site adress box.

http://slk350.blogs.com/350/2004/09/...d_silver_.html

I am 16 years old. I am getting a SLK 350 Diamond Silver/Charcoal, AMG SPORTS PACKAGE(5 spoke chromed 17" rims, 10mm body lowered, gear shifting behind wheel, better brakes and suspension, soiler, and front, side, and back body kits), Comfort Package(3 memory power seats, steering wheel memory, side mirror memory), Priemum Package(wireless drop top from laser cut key, air climate control, digital stuff, 3 door garage opener, and more), 6-dics cd player in glove box, and blue illuminated door sills that says SLK with two think blue lights lines on each side of it.

I know my car is a sweet, and I bet a lot of people are going to copy my idea. But you people should come up with ur own stuff. I think my car is coming in Oct. 2004.

I did not get entertaminet package because the sound system was already damn loud and base was good, even though there is no subwoofer in it. IF you want a subwoofer though, get the package. And I have no reason for the use of a big COMMAND screen thing.