SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: Slk350 Launch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 11:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up launch edition

Thanx for the info Duo-Art. I went to see the Launch Edition today. It looks really nice, but my heart is really set on the Iridium Silver with black leather. So, I guess untill mid-end of december is not to bad. my dealer is really nice and he said he will try to push it forward or if another customer backs out of their deal.
The SLK350 is featured in the Fall's Mercedes Momentum magazine and so is the European delivery.
Old 11-04-2004, 08:27 AM

I made the same decision as you. I passed on a Launch Edition in September to wait for my Iridium Silver w. black interior due in 3 weeks. Don't let any of the criticism about your parents buying you the car bother you. If you're a good student and a good guy and your folks want to buy you the car, it's their right. When you do get the car, be a little humble. It will keep your peers from becoming too jealous.
Old 11-04-2004, 08:34 AM
Almost a Member!

350 SLK on waiting list, expected March '05
Grrrrrr RANT

Everyone has different tastes in colour and I for one would not be negative about someone elses choice rather be pleased for their fealt happiness and in this case new toy! (and I love the brown nappa!).

No, my rant is about the price $56,000 translates to £30,000. In the UK I can't get a base 350SLK for less than £34,300!
Old 11-04-2004, 07:23 PM

Whichever one is available (1 of 5)
Originally Posted by sangelatin
Thanx for the info Duo-Art. I went to see the Launch Edition today. It looks really nice, but my heart is really set on the Iridium Silver with black leather. So, I guess untill mid-end of december is not to bad. my dealer is really nice and he said he will try to push it forward or if another customer backs out of their deal.
The SLK350 is featured in the Fall's Mercedes Momentum magazine and so is the European delivery.
Why being so cheap. Don't go for the second best, go for the BEST. Tell your parents that you want the SLR McLaren, instead.
Old 11-05-2004, 04:18 PM

Smile 1000 miles

Update:

Ive had the car for 2 weeks now and have a 1000 miles on it.....I am enjoying everyday... The weather has been in the high 40's f and it is comfortable with a jacket and the airscarf on....
Good luck to all who are waiting ....it is worth the wait....
BTW the "launch " from a stop light is neck straining.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:50 PM
Almost a Member!

Matrixband, congrats on your SLK. I REALLY like the Launch Edition colors. If it were an AMG, I'd buy one.
Old 11-25-2004, 06:11 PM

Is that with taxes,registration etc? I just went to a dealer here in san diego last saturday and bought my slk off the lot with premium package, comfort package, sport suspendion and the heated seats for $53k and change, including plates,taxes,registraion and some kind of luxury tax on top of that. They had it detail cleaned for me and within the hour I was offf and running. Great car, great price and great salesman (Jalal).
Old 03-13-2005, 06:21 PM

Old 03-13-2005, 09:38 PM

2005 SLK350
That is gorgeous, Matrix... I'm just trying to figure how SLK 350 managed to spend $56k on a non-LE model. I've got everything he claims to have except the power seats (an oversight on my part), but I also have the Nav and a few other little things. I paid less than $53k. Is everyone still paying over invoice? I was first on the waitlist at my dealership and I paid invoice exactly. I thought MB really frowned on dealerships charging over invoice... maybe I'm missing something.

The LE wasn't an option when I ordered mine, or if it was they didn't tell me about it. I took delivery of the first one off the lot. Just saw another one on the road for the first time last week.

I LOVE that exterior color. I definitely would have gone that way if I'd known it was available.
Old 03-13-2005, 10:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 SL500
Originally Posted by wil_sutton
That is gorgeous, Matrix... I'm just trying to figure how SLK 350 managed to spend $56k on a non-LE model. I've got everything he claims to have except the power seats (an oversight on my part), but I also have the Nav and a few other little things. I paid less than $53k. Is everyone still paying over invoice? I was first on the waitlist at my dealership and I paid invoice exactly. I thought MB really frowned on dealerships charging over invoice... maybe I'm missing something.

The LE wasn't an option when I ordered mine, or if it was they didn't tell me about it. I took delivery of the first one off the lot. Just saw another one on the road for the first time last week.

I LOVE that exterior color. I definitely would have gone that way if I'd known it was available.
Ummm, you mean you paid MSRP exactly, right??
Old 03-14-2005, 08:52 PM

2005 SLK350
Yeah, MSRP Exactly, but I did talk them into throwing in the tax and tags...