SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: Did anyone Own a Nissan 350Z Roadster before or Test drove one before SLK350?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BusDriver
Did anyone Own a Nissan 350Z Roadster before or Test drove one before SLK350?

did anyone Test drive the Nissan 350Z Roadster before getting the New SLK350?

I would love some input.....thanks

Old 12-08-2004, 11:23 PM
Banned

SLK 55 AMG
Yes I have

They are both good cars, but then again Mercedes always tops every Japanese car. Not many people know this buy when the Nissan 350z came out(2003) they had a recall for about 2.5 million nissans and most of them were the 350z. It had something to do where the engine would shut down automatically while you were driving.

SLK 350 is better, it has its own style, same horsepower, better interior, quality is so much better, exhaust note is good and long, test drove the slk 350 at 120 mph with the top down and it was fun as hell. You can get the airscarft thing which no other car has, and it is a convertible.

Now the first spy photos of cars were from the Japanese car companies. They made the first smallest cameras ever to work, which are smaller than the size of your pinky in length and two fingers in width, to take pictures of german cars. German cars were the best and the japanese wanted to see what new car was coming out and with what it had. Once they found out the new ideas, they would copy it and try to make it way much cheaper.

The Nissan 350s has good power, the steering is not good(does not flow well) and the car shakes when turning it at a little different angle at high speeds. Interior is crap, quailty is crap, it does not have its own style, looks like a porsche, went 100 mph and it was a really bad ride. If people think this car has a better exhaust note, it is because you can hear it shaking through the metal of the back. Oh and this is a hatchback, who says " Ya baby, I got a hatchback". No one. The trunk is small and weird. You can see inside your trunk from the outside. The spare tire is in the trunk and is in the way of stuff. Also the fish tailing device behind the seats is in the way to put stuff in the trunk.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:13 AM

2005 Mercedes SLK350
the slk and the 350z are two different animals. the 350z is decidedly less refined, as its ride was much harsher and it was much louder; more boom coming from the engine bay and more rattle from the exhaust. it did seem to have more punch than the SLK did though. but, pretty much, you get what you pay for: the SLK is more refined, nicer interior, more classy, and it's got that trick hardtop. depends if all that refinement is worth the money for you.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:12 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
350Z is crap. The convertible is really ugly in my opinion.

If you don't need a convertible, G35 coupe is nicer looking, better equipped and has much better dealer support.

SLK350 is a very solid car as are all MB. The only car comparable is a new 987 Boxter. Boxter is more expensive and less equipped but you'll have a Porsche.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:57 AM

I think the 350z looks real nice, but looks just a bit too big and bulky for its type. G35 is really cool as well, but it's also too big and feels like a cruise ship

SLK on the other hand is more "flat" if u may and the interior is just state of the art.

AND it has foglights............
Old 12-09-2004, 09:21 PM

BusDriver
thanks for your Responses.....

thanks for all your Responses.....

I have a '04 350Z Roadster and all of your responses about the
Z are correct including the Interior of the car and the
Refinement.....

I don't Recall 2.5 million Cars being RECALLED though about
the Motor shutting down....I've driven my Z-Roadster for
22k miles and I've had it for 10 months now, bought it New!

I test Drove the '05 SLK350 b/c I wanted to move up in
Class......My friends have Porsches (from '04 Boxster S to
'04 911 C4S) and I always get compliments from them.....

I guess its only opinions........

To: SLK 55 AMG - you are right the interior is Less talented
then the SLK but were talking about 10K $
difference in cars......

Also you are talking about the Coupe Z, which is a
Hatch Back, the One I have is a Roadster which is a
Convertible Soft top.....

I really like the '05 SLK350 and I'm on the waiting List for the car,
I expect it to be here around January, thats if I still really want the car.

I'd also like to say that the 350Z Roadster (not the Coupe)
is a great car for $40K, it beats Boxsters and I guess has its own
Style......but if you compare the 350Z Roadster to a AMG Mercedes,
Everyone, and I mean everyone will want a AMG no matter how
slower or Faster the car is......

I've always wanted a Mercedes Roadster, and YOur opinions are
helping me get persuaded......

one Last question.....for $40K, Can you fellas List a Roadster
thats almost up to the qualities of a '05 SLK350....

My opinion- "I would definitely choose a Nissan 350Z Roadster"

If you say Mustang, You are out of your mind.....
there is no prestige in that Car.....(my opinion ofcourse)

we need to get this thread going.....its fun.....

I can't wait for the SLK.....
Old 12-11-2004, 06:30 PM

I think, for now, nothing match up to SLK350. But don't foget, the new Boxter and TT are on their way next year. And I'm sure that Porche & Audi will try their best to catch up, let alone getting past, the MB in term of ......... everything

Stay tuned

But I guess buying a car is more of getting what u want NOW, and not wut u can get later, cuz there's always gonna be something better around the corner.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:12 AM

I hate to interject my comments into this, but the Z is one heck of a car. The reason it's got a rough ride, and the interior is sparse, etc, etc, is because it's a sports car. You're paying for the engine in that car. They gave the public as much engine as possible for the money. If you can think of another car that cost 26k brand new that can beat Porsche's and the like, then I might side with you guys. I've been an avid Z fan and have watched it develop from concept to production. I've test driven quite a few as well, and it is one heck of a ride. The ride is a lot smoother in the touring edition (which would be the one you could try and compare to a mercedes). We all know the MB is a better made car inside and out, but you've got to give credentials to Nissan for bringing back the Z the way they did. It's a fantastic car. The SLK is quite a ride as well, but the people that drive Z's normally wouldn't consider a MB and vice versa. I'm one of the ones that would though...Considering both for my next car purchase. Just give the Z a little credit. I'm sure you LOVE your Z roadster. Keep it.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by GuyUSC350
I hate to interject my comments into this, but the Z is one heck of a car. The reason it's got a rough ride, and the interior is sparse, etc, etc, is because it's a sports car. You're paying for the engine in that car. They gave the public as much engine as possible for the money. If you can think of another car that cost 26k brand new that can beat Porsche's and the like, then I might side with you guys. I've been an avid Z fan and have watched it develop from concept to production. I've test driven quite a few as well, and it is one heck of a ride. The ride is a lot smoother in the touring edition (which would be the one you could try and compare to a mercedes). We all know the MB is a better made car inside and out, but you've got to give credentials to Nissan for bringing back the Z the way they did. It's a fantastic car. The SLK is quite a ride as well, but the people that drive Z's normally wouldn't consider a MB and vice versa. I'm one of the ones that would though...Considering both for my next car purchase. Just give the Z a little credit. I'm sure you LOVE your Z roadster. Keep it.

I have a Z33 and have an SLK55 on order. Considering the aftermarket outpouring for the Z33 these days, it is definitely a keeper in my garage. I do have to keep it anyway, since the '55 will be my girl's car. My plan w/ the Z is to have the engine rebuilt w/ forged internals and lower the compression to accomodate the APS twin turbo kit. BTW, that kit is also available for the roadster.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E46 M3
Originally Posted by q0192837465
I think the 350z looks real nice, but looks just a bit too big and bulky for its type. G35 is really cool as well, but it's also too big and feels like a cruise ship

SLK on the other hand is more "flat" if u may and the interior is just state of the art.

AND it has foglights............
I agree!
Old 01-28-2005, 02:02 PM

2005 SLK350
I looked at the 350 Roadster too. It felt clunky. Unlike the SLK, the 350 wasn't designed as a convertible. The 350 coupe handles pretty well, but the roadster handled worse than my Jetta.