SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: instructions for install/removal of CD changer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
instructions for install/removal of CD changer

Hello, everyone!
Does anyone know or have instructions for install/removal of the CD changer in the glovebox. I may want to relocate it for extra space in glovebox. Thanks
Old 02-01-2005, 11:53 AM

2005 SLK350
Unless you really know what you're doing, I wouldn't recommend the move. Feel free to delete it, but the fiberoptics that connect the changer to the main unit are a real pain in the *** to deal with. If you need the space that badly, get rid of the changer all together. Relocating it to the trunk is probably not a good idea if you ever want to be sure it will work again.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:30 PM

cd changer removal

wil_sutton, thanks for the heads up.
Since the comand can play mp3, the idea of complete removal of the cd changer wouldn't be a big problem for me. Anyone knows the steps or can point me where to find dealer instructions of install/removal of the changer? I was able to pull out the 2 plastic trim piece around the changer and can see the fiber optic cables and all.. but do not see screws of any kind. Anyone have any idea? Thanks advance for the help.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
If you've already taken the plastic trim piece away from the side (so you can see the fibre optic cables), then all you need to do is grab the whole changer/bracket assembly and pull it forward. After you pull it out most of the way, you can disconnect the electrical connector and the fibre optic connector. Then just pull the changer the rest of the way out.

After you do this, you'll probably not have much to listen to.

-s-
Old 05-28-2006, 03:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Removing CD Changer 2006 SLK 350.

I would also like to remove my CD Changer from my Glove box. My Question is how do I get the Cd Changer out of my glove box, and also, will the normal stereo continue to work without the cd changer installed in the car. A friend thought that if I took the CD Changer out that it would effect the entire cars electrical system. Is this true? Will I still be able to listen to the Radio? Would it effect the the rest of the car? Would it hurt anything to have the CD Changer disconnected? Thanks a lot,
Old 05-28-2006, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBZ SLK
Originally Posted by cwally1210
I would also like to remove my CD Changer from my Glove box. My Question is how do I get the Cd Changer out of my glove box, and also, will the normal stereo continue to work without the cd changer installed in the car. A friend thought that if I took the CD Changer out that it would effect the entire cars electrical system. Is this true? Will I still be able to listen to the Radio? Would it effect the the rest of the car? Would it hurt anything to have the CD Changer disconnected? Thanks a lot,
I belive it's four T-20 screws, I could be wrong, nothing will happen with removal of the CD changer except not being able to used it anymore. A few members did it and they are happy with the free space afterwards.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:03 AM
Almost a Member!

05 SLK55, 04 SL55
I am just curious would removing the changer not set MOST errors in the audio gateway because the car can not communicate with it?

Cheers
Dan

Trending Topics

Old 05-30-2006, 11:23 AM

SLK 350
Removing the changer will cause an error in the MOST ring. You will need star diag to reconfigure the MOST ring to show no CD changer.

Originally Posted by DansSlk
I am just curious would removing the changer not set MOST errors in the audio gateway because the car can not communicate with it?

Cheers
Dan