SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

Interior color choice with Black exterior?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Porsche 997 C4S Cabriolet
Interior color choice with Black exterior?

Just curious what members that have a black SLK55 picked/would pick for their interior color? All black, black with red, or black with ash.

Thanks for your feedback,

JS
Old 06-01-2005, 10:26 PM
Banned

SLK 55 AMG
I have black exterior with black and ash interior///

CLick on link to see pictures of it.

https://mbworld.org/forums/slk55-r171/109694-question-those-w-black-ash-interior.html

I like the ask and black, it looks nice,,,
the red is cool for now, but not really great.... resale value for red and black interior is not good.
black and black is cool too. if you are not going to tint your windows, and you want you windows to look dark, get the entire inisde black. The color will reflect on the window....It has that darker look to it, is what I mean.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:35 AM

2005 SLK55 AMG
Ob Blk w/Blk&Red interior.

All blk interior was too subdued for me. Not enough definition.

I have no idea what SLK 55 AMG is talking about on resale value with red. Makes no sense.

My previous car had light interior (lighter than the ash), I don't intend to go there again for a convertible, as I keep the top down a lot.

See some of my pics in this thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....1&postcount=19

Last edited by bloflin; 06-02-2005 at 01:39 AM.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:46 AM

bloflin

bloflin,

Thanks for your reply. Can you give me an idea what type of red the interior is (dark red, bright red, deep red, burgendy, etc.)? I've never been able to see a black/red combo in person and my black SLK55 that's due to arrive in a few weeks has the black/red interior combo. I've seen lots of pictures online but it's hard to get a feel for what it really looks like.

I'm asking as I've been having some second thoughts on the black/red combo that I've ordered as I'm afraid it might be a little to "bling bling" since I tend to be more on the subtle side. Would you consider it to be a pretty flashy red or more of a classy red? Of course that might be a pretty subjective question/answer.

Just curious to get some feedback from owners and their thoughts on their colors.

Thanks.

JS
Old 06-02-2005, 02:43 AM
Banned

SLK 55 AMG
Originally Posted by bloflin

I have no idea what SLK 55 AMG is talking about on resale value with red. Makes no sense.
Don't get me wrong I like the red and black combo.. I just think the ash and black is better. When I was ordering my car, the salesman told me red and black have a lower resale value... he even showed me all the cars with black and red interior that he could not sell. They were used cars but it was lower than the ones that did not have red....some had 20,000 miles less too, which was weird. Anyway, I also read on this forum like 8 months ago about red interior having a lower resale value.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:45 AM

2005 SLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by SLK 55 AMG
Don't get me wrong I like the red and black combo.. I just think the ash and black is better. When I was ordering my car, the salesman told me red and black have a lower resale value... he even showed me all the cars with black and red interior that he could not sell. They were used cars but it was lower than the ones that did not have red....some had 20,000 miles less too, which was weird. Anyway, I also read on this forum like 8 months ago about red interior having a lower resale value.
Understand now where you are coming from, but don't forget there is almost no one on the face of the earth as FoS as most (not all) car salesman. Not sure what cars he was showing you, but I don't think a SLK55 AMG buyer is the same as a C or E class buyer (or whatever he was showing you with 20K miles sitting in the lot).
Old 06-02-2005, 10:49 AM

2005 SLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by JoeShark
bloflin,

Thanks for your reply. Can you give me an idea what type of red the interior is (dark red, bright red, deep red, burgendy, etc.)? I've never been able to see a black/red combo in person and my black SLK55 that's due to arrive in a few weeks has the black/red interior combo. I've seen lots of pictures online but it's hard to get a feel for what it really looks like.

I'm asking as I've been having some second thoughts on the black/red combo that I've ordered as I'm afraid it might be a little to "bling bling" since I tend to be more on the subtle side. Would you consider it to be a pretty flashy red or more of a classy red? Of course that might be a pretty subjective question/answer.

Just curious to get some feedback from owners and their thoughts on their colors.

Thanks.

JS
It's definately a more subtle red. It's NOT a bright or lipstick red. More of a darker red. Did you look at my two pics. That was in bright sun, and made it look even brighter in a pic than it does in reality. It is NOT (in my opinion) the same red leather that is used in the SLK350 Red Leather interior. It may be, but since it is only used on the flat parts of the seats, it doesn't look as RED RED, again to me.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:19 AM

bloflin

bloflin,

Thanks for the link to pics of your car. It looks great and I do appreciate the input about how it was taken in the sun. I actually remember seeing that link awhile back and I thought it definitely looked like a darker shade of red than the "all red" used in the SLK 350. I guess I've got a few more weeks and I'll be able to see my car in person and go from there.

Were you able to look at the color choices in person before ordering your car? It's to bad that there was no way I could have seen the black/red combo in person as the two dealers around here have only delivered a total of three SLK55's since launch and neither had the black/red combo. The only thing I had to go on was pictures in the brochure and online.

Thanks again

JS
Old 06-02-2005, 01:57 PM

2005 SLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by JoeShark
bloflin,

Were you able to look at the color choices in person before ordering your car?
JS
No I wasn't able to see it in person. Only saw 1 SLK55. The interiors choices are somewhat limited anyway. All black was not an option for me, not enough "style" and too hot. I didn't like the all beige picture at all. I really liked the split color idea and that left Blk/Ash or Blk/Red. Again, just wanted more color. Note the Red color is NOT on the glovebox (or other areas?) like it is when you get a solid color like Beige. It's just on the middle of the seats and the door inserts and door handle.

You will love it, no worries. Again, it is not at all a bright lipstick red.

If I get a chance this w/e I'll try and take some better interior pics and post.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:31 PM

You will love it, no worries. Again, it is not at all a bright lipstick red.

If I get a chance this w/e I'll try and take some better interior pics and post.
bloflin,

Thanks for the reassurance. Every time I look at the pics of your car, I'm sure I made the right choice. Look forward to more interior pics of your car when you can post them.

JS
Old 06-02-2005, 05:40 PM

2006 SLK 55 AMG
Ob Blk w/Blk&Red interior.

All blk interior was too subdued for me. Not enough definition.

My previous car had light interior (lighter than the ash), I don't intend to go there again for a convertible, as I keep the top down a lot.

See some of my pics in this thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....1&postcount=19
Your car looks awsome!! More pics! The interior looks awsome!!
Old 06-02-2005, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S550
ash would be sweet, red would be sweeter if possible
Old 06-03-2005, 02:26 PM

2005 SLK55 AMG
A few more pics on Blk/Red interior

A couple more pics I didn't post from before, sun was bright and low, so a little glare and contrasty.
Attached Thumbnails Interior color choice with Black exterior?-dsc02572-medium-.jpg   Interior color choice with Black exterior?-dsc02567-medium-.jpg   Interior color choice with Black exterior?-dsc02574-medium-.jpg  
Old 06-03-2005, 07:44 PM

A couple more pics I didn't post from before, sun was bright and low, so a little glare and contrasty.
KILL - ER!!!
Old 06-04-2005, 02:31 AM

Thanks for the latest pic's bloflin. I'm getting a much better feel for the red now the more I see your car.

JS

p.s. I think lisamcgu likes your color choices
Old 06-04-2005, 05:36 PM

2005 SLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by lisamcgu
KILL - ER!!!
Thanks LISA!
Old 06-04-2005, 05:55 PM
Almost a Member!

'06 SLK55 AMG
bloflin: Car looks great! Red and black look awesome on your car.

I ordered the same red and black interior. I saw a sliver SLK 55 AMG with red and black so I knew I already wanted that interior but was really perplexed about the exterior choice. I wanted a light color exterior so I settled on white. I hope this is going to look good.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:27 PM

I think there's an owner here with your color combo (white with the black/red). Looks great. I'll see if I can find the thread as he/she posted some pics.

JS