SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

Finally got my build date after 4 months wait!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 02:05 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
97' BMW 328is (E36)
Finally got my build date after 4 months wait!!!

Sales call this morning saying that i'm given a Sept build date for the 55. Looks like my patience and my tough decision of not taking the 350 i ordered (it arrived beginning of May, the start of summer in Vancouver) finally pay back!

Need to finalize all colors/options within these 2 days. Dealer raised the deposit to CAD$5k NON-Refundable (prob coz he didn't want me to reject another car)

So far:
Colors
Exterior: Diamond Silver
Interior: Red

Options
Airscarf
BiXenon (Lighting package)
Rain sensor wipers
NAVI/HK package (still thinking abt this)

I've prob done more than enouf research reading this site everyday 4 the past 4 months , but still have a few questions in mind and wonderin if somebody could help:

1. Is it true that for 06' the CD changer (which takes up all the space in the glove box) can be opt out 4 the NAVI package?

2. Is the apperance of the antenna improved at all?

Any other comments are also welcome!

Last edited by bfung; 07-21-2005 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SLK55 AMG
everything is wonderful except for the exterior color...
Old 07-21-2005, 05:17 PM
Almost a Member!

97' BMW 328is (E36)
haha hmm i was thinking of white and black and irridium...not 100% sure on the diamond yet.....wat r ur preferences?
Old 07-21-2005, 05:38 PM

W210 E320, SLK55 AMG
Only 4 months! I didn't get a build date for over a year, and I still don't have the car yet, although it was built at the end of June.

What is quite annoying is that there are less than 200 SLK55s in the UK - but there's one only 1/4 mile from my house, which I first noticed in December.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:28 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by bfung
Sales call this morning saying that i'm given a Sept build date for the 55. Looks like my patience and my tough decision of not taking the 350 i ordered (it arrived beginning of May, the start of summer in Vancouver) finally pay back!

Need to finalize all colors/options within these 2 days. Dealer raised the deposit to CAD$5k NON-Refundable (prob coz he didn't want me to reject another car)

So far:
Colors
Exterior: Diamond Silver
Interior: Red

Options
Airscarf
BiXenon (Lighting package)
Rain sensor wipers
NAVI/HK package (still thinking abt this)

I've prob done more than enouf research reading this site everyday 4 the past 4 months , but still have a few questions in mind and wonderin if somebody could help:

1. Is it true that for 06' the CD changer (which takes up all the space in the glove box) can be opt out 4 the NAVI package?

2. Is the apperance of the antenna improved at all?

Any other comments are also welcome!
If you really want the Diamond Silver go with the black or the beige interior.

If you really want the red interior, go with Irridium silver.

Diamond Silver and Red - not so sure about that.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:24 AM

sl and M-class E320 4Matic SLK350
Go for it

I had Diamond Silver with a red interior on an SL when Diamond Silver was first offered a few years ago. Was happy with the combination though the dealer was concerned it might be a problem on resale. I did have the wooden steering wheel (on the SLK it would be the trim package) which I would highly recommend for anyone going with a red interior as it harmonizes well.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:30 AM

SLK 230
Colour Combo..

I've always thought either black exterior with cream interior or silver exterior with nappa tobacco brown interior looked good.

Just my 2p worth.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:55 PM
Almost a Member!

97' BMW 328is (E36)
might haf ta give up

the math doesn't sound right to me...i'm leasing w/ 10K downpayment but the monthly still comes up to be half of my after tax salary....i'll be paying over CAD$60K in total over the nxt 3 yrs just to lease it....

monthly for finance w/ 30K downpayment turns out to be the same and makes more sense...i'm trying to justify if i should use that big of a portion of my savings and future salary to get a car i really like...

and i've been in the wait 4 so long and i'm so close to getting it.....
Old 07-29-2005, 04:21 PM

Delivery times on SLK55 AMG

Just ordered an SLK55AMG today, what length od delivery times are being quoted around North America?
Old 07-29-2005, 09:37 PM

You should definitely check out the different color combinations in person before you decide because if you're not 100% happy with it, you're gonna regret it in the long run. Diamond silver has a very light bluish color to it, a little too colorful in my opinion. If you go to your dealer, I'm sure they'll have at least one diamond silver car around.

Choose your paint color wisely. But hey, I'm biased because my car is Iridium Silver. In the end, it comes down to personal preference and whatever YOU think looks good. Don't listen to anyone else because everyone has different tastes.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:00 PM

2006 ML 500 and 2006 SLK 55 AMG
Personally, I think the red interior is dated. It won't look good with the diamond silver. Why diamond silver, and not iridium silver?
Old 07-30-2005, 01:21 AM

'06 SLK55 AMG, del Sol VTEC
My '55 is Diamond Silver, with beige AMG seats. You really do need to see the Diamond Silver in person, and under a variety of lighting conditions (i.e. in the showroom, outside, shade, direct sunlight, etc.) - its kind of strange: the color looks dramatically different in different light.

When I first saw it I thought it looked way too blue, but then I saw it under different light, next to the Iridium, and (to me) it looked so much better. I also didn't want to get the Iridium because its so common. Also, when you see it in person, there's a good chance you won't be so psyched about the red seats with it.
Old 07-30-2005, 11:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 C63
Curt, the wait time varies. The SLK55 is tough to get. Your dealer needs to have an allocation slot for the car. I ordered mine in May and have an early August build date. (I wanted an 06). However, the dealer really had to work hard to get the slot. They had to pull a lot of strings. They also had to trade an SL65 allocation slot for my SLK55 slot.

TEAShea
from Nebraska