SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

Black vs. Obsidian Black

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Black vs. Obsidian Black

I'm new on this site, mainly to help me get an idea about my new SLK55. Im torn between the 2 blacks. Which is going to look better? Im pretty sure on the interior (red & black). Im also pretty sure on the wheels: 19" HRE 841Rs. I think this will make for a HOT car!! Im excited

Anyway give me your imput on what you guys think.

Matt

PS. This is an awesome site. I've enjoyed reading about the new SLK and seeing all the pics of your new cars. The information has been very helpful. I can't wait to post my own pics. I'm hoping for a March/April delivery!
Old 08-16-2005, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by aMB4MB
I'm new on this site, mainly to help me get an idea about my new SLK55. Im torn between the 2 blacks. Which is going to look better? Im pretty sure on the interior (red & black). Im also pretty sure on the wheels: 19" HRE 841Rs. I think this will make for a HOT car!! Im excited

Matt

PS. This is an awesome site. I've enjoyed reading about the new SLK and seeing all the pics of your new cars. The information has been very helpful. I can't wait to post my own pics. I'm hoping for a March/April delivery!
Black Obsidian has metallic flakes whereas plain Black doesn't.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:12 AM
Almost a Member!

I am assuming obsidian black should be easier to keep clean; less swirls.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:27 PM

2005 SLK55 AMG
You really need to go to a dealer and look at the two side by side. It doesn't have to be on an SLK350 or SLK55. Just have them show you a black (which there are usually lots of them on the lot) and a metallic black on any MB model. Look at it in the direct sun and then in the shade (or interior).
Old 08-17-2005, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by aMB4MB

Matt

matt, it's obvious which colour i have. the black is a fantastic deep, rich colour which i cannot describe properly. all my cars have been blk and this one is outstanding due to the nano paint which mb uses. even when the car is dirty the paint stands out. had an obsidian black for the last car and there is no comparison.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:59 AM

so I guess you want my car eh?

oh yeah, mines obsidean black.

Black vs. Obsidian Black-cimg0709.jpg

Black vs. Obsidian Black-cimg0780.jpg
Old 08-18-2005, 10:33 AM

2006 CLS 55 AMG
Obsidian The Only Way To Go
Old 08-19-2005, 02:56 AM

Talking

I just got back from the dealer. I looked at a few cars in the black and they also had a CLS55 in obsidian. Besides being a nice car, Im definitely leaning towards the obsidian. I think it looks better in the sunlight and yet will show dirt/dust less.

Nice ride Shanghai. I was a little torn between the black/red interior and the black/ash. Now, I definitely prefer the black/red. To me, it ads more sport to the car. I really like the HREs. Im going to go with the high polish over the anodized black look.

Thanks for the feedback everyone

matt