SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

speakers...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 SLK 55 AMG
speakers...

Does anyone know where all the speakers are or kinfd find a diagram to know where they are?

My problem is I can't tell if sound comes off the little speaker-like mesh on the center of the car between dirver and passanger. Same with the ones on the lateral side of each seat.

Can anyone describe the locations? Any diagram on the net? How to know for sure they are working?

Don't get me wrong....I think the stereo this stereo is more than enough and I like it...just curious!!!

PS: Does it have an "automatic volume adjuster" with the noise of the car? does it know the top is down and car moving so it adjusts the vol??

JMC
Old 09-15-2005, 01:10 PM
CP1

SLK 55 AMG
If you have the high quality sound system there should be 11 speakers. Many have complained about not enuf sound coming out of the speakers that are behind the driver, either in the center or on the outer panel.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:15 PM

Not only does it not adjust the volume if the top is down, the HK stereo is very tinny and not made to be in a convertible. Others may disagree, but I have experience with a stereo that was made specifically for sunroof and convertible cars.

When the first trunk mounted CD player stereo came out, with a remote in the front, the Sony Disc Jockey, I had one and it had a button you could push if the sun roof was open on your car, which brought up the low tones, or something, so the stereo sounded great even with outside wind noise blowin around you.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:02 PM

2005 SLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by lisamcgu
Not only does it not adjust the volume if the top is down, the HK stereo is very tinny and not made to be in a convertible. Others may disagree, but I have experience with a stereo that was made specifically for sunroof and convertible cars.

When the first trunk mounted CD player stereo came out, with a remote in the front, the Sony Disc Jockey, I had one and it had a button you could push if the sun roof was open on your car, which brought up the low tones, or something, so the stereo sounded great even with outside wind noise blowin around you.
lisamcgu, did you ever get your dealer to replace/fix your HK system, or was that TSB not applicable?

jcanabal, do a search, there is a diagram (also think there is one buried up in the "marketing" stuff up on the MB site).

Sound preference is a personal thing. Not all of us agree with liscmcgu's opinion.

I too have experience with premium sound systems designed for convertible in other makes, and btw this system WAS designed for the SLK350/55.

Also, the HK system does adjust for ambient noise (whether the top up or down) and I believe it also adjusts frequency response and speaker "profiles" for top down (but that's just my theory).
Old 09-15-2005, 08:12 PM

If the HK system adjusts for the top up or down, I sure as heck ain't hearin it. Maybe that is another thing wrong with my system. I don't know what kind of audio gateway or whatever upgrades they are putting in my car, but its still screwed up. The whole system went out again while driving in 109 degree weather last month. This is like the 3rd or 4th time this has happened and, along with the crummy sound, I pretty much hate this HK system.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
Ran across this a while back, hope this helps?
speakers...-mercedesgroupshots41.jpg
Old 09-16-2005, 09:10 PM

2006 SLK 55 AMG
I can't seem to hear any sounds comming from the rear (4) speakers!!
Any clue how to thest these?

Thanks for the diagram....that helps a lot to understand the "sound" (or lack of it)

JMC
Old 09-16-2005, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
No problem Best of luck trying to find the source of the problem.
Old 09-17-2005, 01:52 AM

2005 SLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by jcanabal
I can't seem to hear any sounds comming from the rear (4) speakers!!
Any clue how to thest these?

Thanks for the diagram....that helps a lot to understand the "sound" (or lack of it)

JMC
search here (on the SLK350 forum also) or on the other forum (mbworld)

LOTS of discussion on "rear speakers".