SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

Want to lower the car, please help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 12:30 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
That is sooooo sick! When you planning on selling it? I been looking to possibly get a Gallardo next, that color is my favorite. But i been looking at some 04's and they don't have that color! Do you use it daily? if i got it i know i would.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
That is sooooo sick! When you planning on selling it? I been looking to possibly get a Gallardo next, that color is my favorite. But i been looking at some 04's and they don't have that color! Do you use it daily? if i got it i know i would.
05's & up started having Verde Ithaca.. When I do sell mine, the next one will be black... or Orange. I dont know. Daily usage, it couldn't be better. All in all, it is a Audi, but performs like a Lamborghini.

Also, 05 over 04 is a MUCH better choice. You get the front lift system, the better gearing, and more 05's have Navi than 04's. OR.. wait a little bit more, and pick up a 06 for a decent price.

Dinko
Old 05-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by dinko
05's & up started having Verde Ithaca.. When I do sell mine, the next one will be black... or Orange. I dont know. Daily usage, it couldn't be better. All in all, it is a Audi, but performs like a Lamborghini.

Also, 05 over 04 is a MUCH better choice. You get the front lift system, the better gearing, and more 05's have Navi than 04's. OR.. wait a little bit more, and pick up a 06 for a decent price.

Dinko
Yeah,the 05's and up are better. I would love to have navi in that car if i found one with it.

How often does it need service? I try searching on all the Lambo forums and never came up with a real answer how often you need service and how much it cost.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
Yeah,the 05's and up are better. I would love to have navi in that car if i found one with it.

How often does it need service? I try searching on all the Lambo forums and never came up with a real answer how often you need service and how much it cost.
I did my first Oil change at about 2k or 3k miles.. can't remember. Set me about $600. Would not recommend taking it to dealer, unless it is a 7500 mile service.. My buddy's dad owns a shop in the Palm Beach area and has been servicing Lamborghini's for god knows how long. The guy knows his stuff, and personally owns some of the RAREST Lambo's.. a Miura SV is a example.

Across the country people are paying diff prices, this car being a Audi 90%, servicing is not major at all. The only thing is gas, tires, etc. Brakes hold up VERY well and seem to last forever. The Clutch lasts very long as well..

Also, on 04's I would suggest NOT getting EGear.. there's a lot of discussion on LP about that. 05 & up and you're set. 06's have a even tougher clutch and seem to last quite longer too.

Just like they say, if you're gonna buy this and look at it in the garage, save yourself some money and buy a poster & put it up on the wall. If you're gonna drive it, treat it like a car and you will have 0 problems.

Dinko
Old 05-09-2007, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL65
Thats an awesome ride you got there. Though I must admit my favorite is the Diablo. If I ever bought a lambo it would be one of those, in the 6.0 VT flavor. Why? I'm not sure. Maybe because as a kid growing up that was THE car at the time.

BTW, Dinko I secured my CF cluster for my SLK. I'll have pics of it installed in 6-8 weeks when it arrives.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:20 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
I did my first Oil change at about 2k or 3k miles.. can't remember. Set me about $600. Would not recommend taking it to dealer, unless it is a 7500 mile service.. My buddy's dad owns a shop in the Palm Beach area and has been servicing Lamborghini's for god knows how long. The guy knows his stuff, and personally owns some of the RAREST Lambo's.. a Miura SV is a example.

Across the country people are paying diff prices, this car being a Audi 90%, servicing is not major at all. The only thing is gas, tires, etc. Brakes hold up VERY well and seem to last forever. The Clutch lasts very long as well..

Also, on 04's I would suggest NOT getting EGear.. there's a lot of discussion on LP about that. 05 & up and you're set. 06's have a even tougher clutch and seem to last quite longer too.

Just like they say, if you're gonna buy this and look at it in the garage, save yourself some money and buy a poster & put it up on the wall. If you're gonna drive it, treat it like a car and you will have 0 problems.

Dinko
Thanks, that's is some reassuring information. I also have seen on the early models that the E-gear seems to have issues. I am still unsure on the transmission I would get. I LOVE driving stick, but the E-gear looks like a lot of fun too.

I was surprised to hear the clutch lasts long, I though they wouldn't on this type of car.

Do you happen to have any idea on how much the 7500 mile service costs about?

I definitely would drive this car daily and not make it a garage queen.

Did you or do you have any plans for an exhaust? the Tubi seem to sound awesome.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
Thanks, that's is some reassuring information. I also have seen on the early models that the E-gear seems to have issues. I am still unsure on the transmission I would get. I LOVE driving stick, but the E-gear looks like a lot of fun too.

I was surprised to hear the clutch lasts long, I though they wouldn't on this type of car.

Do you happen to have any idea on how much the 7500 mile service costs about?

I definitely would drive this car daily and not make it a garage queen.

Did you or do you have any plans for an exhaust? the Tubi seem to sound awesome.
EGear is fun as hell, don't get me wrong. I'm 50/50 on Egear/6speed. Love both. 7500 will probably run between 2k - 3k. Not any crazy amounts like Ferrari servicing goes.

I have been thinking about exhaust lately, for 2 reasons... 1 to add some power, 2 to remove weight....... and well 3, to improve the sound. On 06's it is VERY tricky, only very few exhausts out there improve the power on them, some that have been designed for 04/05 cars tend to decrease the power.

bfnnrgn, where did you find the cluster?
Old 05-10-2007, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL65
bfnnrgn, where did you find the cluster?
I nagged Neal until he broke down in tears and said "My god! I'll carve them for you myself out of a solid block of CF using nothing more than a spork. Just leave me alone!"

Nah, he managed to convince MP Design to export one for me. Now that I think about it, maybe he nagged them until they broke down in tears. There's probably a guy in Germany as we speak sitting in a chair with a spork carving away. Anyway a rare item for the states, can't wait to get it in.

Last edited by bfnnrgn; 05-10-2007 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G55 & SLK55
Dinko, Check out larini testpipes or Fabspeed bypass pipes.