My SLK55 is home

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12 CLS550, 09 CLS550, 04Cooper,10 Cooper S
My SLK55 is home

My SLK55 is home

Picked up my SLK55 on sat afternoon. was a gorgeous weekend here in PA, good top down weather.

Initial impressions :

1. cabin in much more comfortable that my Z4 and the suspension is so much better. The AMG seats are very comforatable despite the lack of air bladders that i have in the G-class.

2. brakes are some of the best i have experienced. This car is as much fun slowing down as speeding up

3. I am obeying the breakin regulations and still find the acceleration in C mode to be quite enjoyable. This car pulls more in C and @3000 rpm than my Z4 did close to redline. The car feels a lot heavier, but in a secure sort of way.

4. Air-scarf does work (i did not believe in it but $350 was nothing compared to the whole price so i got it).....had the top down last night in 50degree weather and was very comfortable

5. Stereo sucks but is competant. sounds better in standard mode than logic 7. Right now, i dont really care for music and just cant get enough of the exhaust note

6. I did notice the agressive downshift by the autobox, i kinda like it.

7. Only complaint i have are the non functional cup holders and the cheap trim on the e-brake (but i am really nit picking to come up with this).

8. I have a fixated grin that just wont go away

Thanks to all on this forum for distracting me during my wait which felt much longer than it was

best

p.s had trouble uploading pics as the file was too big. i also posted on another forum :
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/foru...posts=4&fid=27

Last edited by LETO; 11-08-2005 at 02:48 PM.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:45 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Originally Posted by LETO
My SLK55 is home

Picked up my SLK55 on sat afternoon. was a gorgeous weekend here in PA, good top down weather.

Initial impressions :

1. cabin in much more comfortable that my Z4 and the suspension is so much better. The AMG seats are very comforatable despite the lack of air bladders that i have in the G-class.

2. brakes are some of the best i have experienced. This car is as much fun slowing down as speeding up

3. I am obeying the breakin regulations and still find the acceleration in C mode to be quite enjoyable. This car pulls more in C and @3000 rpm than my Z4 did close to redline. The car feels a lot heavier, but in a secure sort of way.

4. Air-scarf does work (i did not believe in it but $350 was nothing compared to the whole price so i got it).....had the top down last night in 50degree weather and was very comfortable

5. Stereo sucks but is competant. sounds better in standard mode than logic 7. Right now, i dont really care for music and just cant get enough of the exhaust note

6. I did notice the agressive downshift by the autobox, i kinda like it.

7. Only complaint i have are the non functional cup holders and the cheap trim on the e-brake (but i am really nit picking to come up with this).

8. I have a fixated grin that just wont go away

Thanks to all on this forum for distracting me during my wait which felt much longer than it was

best

p.s had trouble uploading pics as the file was too big. i also posted on another forum :
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/foru...posts=4&fid=27
Believe it or not, the cup holders may look chincy but they actually work VERY well.

Also, Logic 7 "should" sound better than std stereo mode (there was a long, separate thread on this topic). If it does not, something is likely wrong with your audio system. Did you get the upgraded H/C 11 speaker system or stay with the std system?

Congrats on the purchase. The airscarf is indeed a very cool gadget, eh?

-Matt
Old 11-08-2005, 02:31 PM

'09 E93 335i
Pictures?
Old 11-08-2005, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Yellow R1
Believe it or not, the cup holders may look chincy but they actually work VERY well.

Also, Logic 7 "should" sound better than std stereo mode (there was a long, separate thread on this topic). If it does not, something is likely wrong with your audio system. Did you get the upgraded H/C 11 speaker system or stay with the std system?

Congrats on the purchase. The airscarf is indeed a very cool gadget, eh?

-Matt
Thanks for the compliment.

I have the up graded HC system it is not bad in logic 7, but i just like to still ***** about it as i expected more from MB in a $70K car. If lexus can do mark levinson in their IS.......

However, for this price i dont think i could have done better for what this car does.
Attached Thumbnails My SLK55 is home-dsc00787.jpg  

Last edited by LETO; 11-08-2005 at 02:51 PM.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:02 PM

06 SLK55
Congrats...hmmm...looks exaclty like mine!!! just wait until you are out of the break in and can put it in S and hammer it!!!
Old 11-09-2005, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by LETO

8. I have a fixated grin that just wont go away http://www.benzworld.org/forums/foru...posts=4&fid=27
I remember that grin
Old 11-09-2005, 05:32 PM

06 SLK55
Originally Posted by lisamcgu
I remember that grin
I still have it every time i drive her! Oh and even more when you take traction control off and hammer it around a corner bringing the back end out into a full slide...or just hammer it form the stop light ans spin through 1st and 2nd gears leaving 40ft of black stripes!!! :v
Old 11-10-2005, 09:00 AM

Still grinning........... I just love this car......i never want to get out of it.......