SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK55 with 030 AMG performance in stock at MB of West Chester...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 01:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 CLK55
Thumbs up SLK55 with 030 AMG performance in stock at MB of West Chester...

While waiting for my CLK55 in service at Mercedes Benz of West Chester (Pa), I saw that they have an SLK55 with the AMG performance package in stock. What a spectacular car! If I wasn't losing so much on my trade, I would have bought it in a heart beat!! It's silver with a black interior. I can only imagine how much fun that car is...

Anyway, I thought that someone on the board may be interested, as I know most dealers don't keep SLK's with the 030 package in stock. I'd advise that you ask to speak with Eric Blake, as he's a very easy going guy and a fellow car enthusiast. He'll give as fair of a deal as one could possibly get, and he's real easy to deal with. If you buy it, I'm going to be envious!

Best regards,
Matt
Old 12-16-2005, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 SLK 55
Angry SLK 55 w/ 030 AMG performance package

Originally Posted by AMG///Merc
While waiting for my CLK55 in service at Mercedes Benz of West Chester (Pa), I saw that they have an SLK55 with the AMG performance package in stock. What a spectacular car! If I wasn't losing so much on my trade, I would have bought it in a heart beat!! It's silver with a black interior. I can only imagine how much fun that car is...

Anyway, I thought that someone on the board may be interested, as I know most dealers don't keep SLK's with the 030 package in stock. I'd advise that you ask to speak with Eric Blake, as he's a very easy going guy and a fellow car enthusiast. He'll give as fair of a deal as one could possibly get, and he's real easy to deal with. If you buy it, I'm going to be envious!

Best regards,
Matt
You are correct...this is a great car! Too bad mine is sitting out the winter. But the wintry weather might give the buyer an extra edge in negotiations on the dealer car. I'd be careful though. If they refuse to negotiate, just order exactly what you want. With the wintry weather in PA, you'll be driving your special order car in April. If you buy the car in stock, you'll be driving it in April.....
Old 12-17-2005, 07:48 AM

12 CLS550, 09 CLS550, 04Cooper,10 Cooper S
Originally Posted by reallife
You are correct...this is a great car! Too bad mine is sitting out the winter. But the wintry weather might give the buyer an extra edge in negotiations on the dealer car. I'd be careful though. If they refuse to negotiate, just order exactly what you want. With the wintry weather in PA, you'll be driving your special order car in April. If you buy the car in stock, you'll be driving it in April.....
Good point. I took delivery of my car in nov, and drove it for a month.....now it is in my garage as we have had crap weather in PA. Not that i cant take it out, but why take it out when you cant give it the stick!.....so i will probably keep it inside till march or april.

I would not buy a AMG or a M model that has been on a dealer lot.....people who test drive these cars redline them and hit triple digits before break in. Besides, if i am not getting a discount, I want my car with as close to zero miles as possible.

You can always do what i have in the past, Have the dealer trade the car for one that is on the ship with the specs that you want!
Old 12-19-2005, 09:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63
I am stuck in the crappy weather of Eastern PA, just outside Philadelphia.
My new SLK55AMG is under the car cover, in the garage, with the Battery Tender attached - supplying "life support" until Spring.
Only about 90 more days to go until the weather breaks.....
Old 12-20-2005, 06:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
i dont think the 030 package on the slk is worth 6k

u can get a set of hres and coilovers for about 1k more and have a unique car.

the slk is the only model not to come w/ a lsd w/ the 030 package

btw
i drove the **** out of my car since day 1 and its still running fine(its leased so i didnt give a ****)
Old 12-20-2005, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by novabenz
My new SLK55AMG is under the car cover, in the garage, with the Battery Tender attached - supplying "life support" until Spring.
I wish we had last year's weather. I went out in Old city for new years last year, on the first, we walked toward italian market in just jeans & t-shirts and i drove back in my Z4 with my top down.... Cant wait till spring to drive the car every day.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:09 AM

I drive a E55T, SLK55 and 65 Mustang Conv.
Im gonna rub it in...it was 70 degrees in my part of the world today had the SLK out with the top down all day long. Wolf cross posting as Lady Wolf
Old 12-21-2005, 02:40 AM

SLK 230
UK Weather...

Well when I didn't have a convertible a few years ago i remember the long hot summers in the uk and i always dreamed to own a convertible. Now that I have had one in the past 18months what weather do i get? Rain rain rain...with only the odd day of sunshine....I believe it is called Murphy's (Sods') Law!
Old 12-21-2005, 01:27 PM

2006 SLK 55
Battery location??

Originally Posted by novabenz
After reading several posts about battery tenders I decided to spring for one myself. But whoaaa! Where is the battery? I can't find it? Do I have to take any of those nice plastic pieces off? .....thanks!
Old 12-21-2005, 03:42 PM

I don't get it, I live in London, bt we drive all the cars, even if it's super cold...

is it bad for the cars?

thanks.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:52 PM

it's not bad for the cars but the roads in the US outside major cities are inconsistantly cleared off snow and the SLK is really bad in snow, especially the AMG.....with it's lo profile tires can just sit in one place and spin all day......

Also, our highways are salted heavily and have other stuff (i think sand) dumped on them that tends to create a nasty film on your car and this debris can also knick your paint job.

So, if you have another car , people usually garage their sports cars for the winter in the north east.

I dont have my car on a battery tender....and i take it out as long as the roads are dry and i can get good traction. As i have three other cars, i dont see a point in taking the SLK out unless i can really give it the stick!

Hope this anwers your query.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:19 PM

yeah, thanks.

we don't have snw here
Old 12-21-2005, 10:04 PM

Well this I have to see! Thanks for the tip, they're only 15 miles from me