SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

Nano won't work with iPod kit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nano won't work with iPod kit?

I'm having the iPod integration kit put in my car today, and the installer tells me it won't interract with my Nano, the miniature version of the iPod. Does this sound right? First time I ever hear this.

Thankfully I have the regular sized iPod as well - but I'm not quite sure it will fit in my glove compartment (I have six disc in glove)...
Old 01-24-2006, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
it works with the nano.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:18 PM

Hmm - I called the isntaller again and he said the instructions say Nano won't work.

The part # for the ipod kit is MB6-7-82-4217.

Do I need to install some firmware or something? I would prefer to use my nano (just bought it and spent countless hours transferring songs to it!!)
Old 01-24-2006, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by NateDawg
Hmm - I called the isntaller again and he said the instructions say Nano won't work.

Do I need to install some firmware or something? I would prefer to use my nano (just bought it and spent countless hours transferring songs to it!!)
Why dont you just try it and see what happens.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz

they probably just don't specifically state that it works with the nano... it doesn't say it does not work with the nano.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by Kar don
they probably just don't specifically state that it works with the nano... it doesn't say it does not work with the nano.
Scrochie did a job on an e-class already 6 months ago and it shows the Nano next to the phone in the upper armrest.

A simple search would have been sufficient to prevent endless speculation.

Futhermore, Apple has not modified the data bus on the iPOD.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:37 PM

Why dont you just try it and see what happens.
I actually left my Nano with the dealer and he called me during install. Perhaps he hasn't installed yet and even tried it (and just called me when he saw the Nano in the car).

I have read that people had sound issues with the Nano, so perhaps the integration kit isn't a clean fit.

it doesn't say it does not work with the nano.
Then my installer lied, cuz he said over the phone that the instructions specifically say it is not compatible with Nano.

Finally, I noticed the part # is different then another MB part # I found for the kit.

I'll find out in an hour or so and let the folks know

Last edited by NateDawg; 01-24-2006 at 07:39 PM.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:04 AM

06 SLK55 AMG Firemist/Blk
I actually left my Nano with the dealer and he called me during install. Perhaps he hasn't installed yet and even tried it (and just called me when he saw the Nano in the car).

I have read that people had sound issues with the Nano, so perhaps the integration kit isn't a clean fit.

Then my installer lied, cuz he said over the phone that the instructions specifically say it is not compatible with Nano.

Finally, I noticed the part # is different then another MB part # I found for the kit.

I'll find out in an hour or so and let the folks know
I have a Nano and it works just like a full size iPod. The only deference is it won't fit in the full size tray but it is so light that doesn't matter.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:54 PM

It Works :)

Well, much ado about nothing (my bad). Despite what my installer told me, it works fine with the Nano, and obviously my regular iPod. See attachments.

However, the sound volume is a fair amount lower than regular CDs and changer (for the nano - haven't tested volume on standard iPod). This will be changed when I put in my JL Audio/MB Quart system .
Attached Thumbnails Nano won't work with iPod kit?-img_0163.jpg   Nano won't work with iPod kit?-img_0173.jpg   Nano won't work with iPod kit?-img_0174.jpg  
Old 01-31-2006, 12:24 PM
Almost a Member!

06 SLK55 AMG w ipod kit and 4gig nano, works fine for me...

Last edited by Blaxer; 01-31-2006 at 12:27 PM.