SLK 55 amg vs. Jaguar vs. Dinan M3 *VIDEO*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 07:35 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 C63 AMG
SLK 55 amg vs. Jaguar vs. Dinan M3 *VIDEO*

Hi y'all!! I'm a proud owner of a 06 slk 55 amg from Argentina! Last night I went out with some friends and we filmed this video...it's short but I hope u like it!

Enjoy!!!

guess who won??

Im lovin' my 55!

http://media.putfile.com/slk-55-AMG-...ar-vs-Dinan-m3
Old 02-03-2006, 09:25 PM
dsb
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 slk55
It is one quick car.... but you can get into a lot of trouble in the US for that. Don't get me wrong, I have street raced a couple people here and there, but here's a news story from today in my area. It makes you think. One driver was killed and the other driver was charged with 2nd degree murder!

http://www.kcra.com/news/6685122/detail.html

Last edited by dsb; 02-03-2006 at 09:33 PM.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Bs

why should he (honda driver) b responsible if the other dude cant drive, that ridiculous, shouldnt have come back , idiot
Old 02-03-2006, 11:38 PM
dsb
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 slk55
Yeah, I don't get the idea of charging someone with murder for street racing. Is street racing wrong? Yes. Should you be punished? Yes. However, the Honda driver didn't MAKE the Mustang driver race. He CHOSE to race and got into an accident. How is that murder? Who knows?! It does, however, make me think twice about racing someone off the line.

Also, it's funny how the story states the Honda "had been modified for street racing." So it was modified. That doesn't mean it was modified for street racing... perhaps AutoX, track, etc. Police in Sacramento are getting very aggressive if you mod your car in any way. They actually take training courses on what to look for (ie tinted windows, large spoilers, exhaust mods, sponsor stickers). Basically, if you fit the profile, they will pull you over, thoroughly inspect your car, ticket you for ANY violation, and possibly tow it away.

If you mod your car, it definately is at your own risk.

PS, 55AMG-ARG, Sorry for jacking your thread...

Last edited by dsb; 02-04-2006 at 12:08 AM.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:44 AM

sometimes you should think about what driving is all about, and of course their is a great side of you telling you to race the 55, and sometimes it can be very fun... however, after racing and racing day in and day out you will end up either arrested, or worst..

I'm waiting for my 55, coming in 2 weeks or so, but at the moment im driving a clk 500 and sometimes i think how horrible it would be to come out with no leg, or some crap you really don't want to live with !

i must say the beeper on mercedes seatbelts is a life-saver.. anyone who straps the seatbelt from behing the seat should think twice before beating the system!

GG
Old 02-04-2006, 10:19 AM

2006 SLK 55
Street racing

Originally Posted by AMG_55
why should he (honda driver) b responsible if the other dude cant drive, that ridiculous, shouldnt have come back , idiot
Sorry dude, no disrespect intended, but the public roads are not intended for street racing. Driving on them is a priviledge not to be taken for granted. Last summer, in our small city, we had two guys street racing, one of them hit a van full of people, three or four innocent people were killed outright and another died few weeks later. They basically wiped out an entire family on their way to the daughter's high school graduation ceremony.

The guy that actually hit the van hasn't been to trial yet. The other guy, who didn't even hit anybody or anything, left the accident scene, and no doubt, thought he got out of it clean. He was arrested a week later and has already been tried for second degree murder, convicted, and was sentenced to 18 years in prison. I think he was 22 years old. He's off the road until he's forty.

The guy that hit the van is facing a minimum sentence of 36 years in prison if he is convicted of the charges he is facing. He was arrested at the scene. I'm not sure why his trial hasn't started yet; but no doubt, he won't be driving much until he is middle-aged, if ever.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by reallife
Sorry dude, no disrespect intended, but the public roads are not intended for street racing. Driving on them is a priviledge not to be taken for granted. Last summer, in our small city, we had two guys street racing, one of them hit a van full of people, three or four innocent people were killed outright and another died few weeks later. They basically wiped out an entire family on their way to the daughter's high school graduation ceremony.

The guy that actually hit the van hasn't been to trial yet. The other guy, who didn't even hit anybody or anything, left the accident scene, and no doubt, thought he got out of it clean. He was arrested a week later and has already been tried for second degree murder, convicted, and was sentenced to 18 years in prison. I think he was 22 years old. He's off the road until he's forty.

The guy that hit the van is facing a minimum sentence of 36 years in prison if he is convicted of the charges he is facing. He was arrested at the scene. I'm not sure why his trial hasn't started yet; but no doubt, he won't be driving much until he is middle-aged, if ever.

thats a horrible story

the guy that casued the accident should b punished w/ jail time (lots of it) no doubt.
the other "racer" should also b punished, no doubt, but no charged w/ 2nd degree murder, he didnt kill any1 and wasnt responsible for the other guy killing all tose people, the punishment should fit the crime, hes only guilty of street racing, take his license away, not his life
Old 02-04-2006, 08:47 PM

SL65/BENTLEY GT
Cool

I believe that this is the felony murder rule. If you are involved in a criminal act that results in a death, you are considered a co-conspirator regardless of your role in the event.

Example:
You and a buddy rob a store, and the bubby gets shot by a cop and dies. You will get charged with murder, just because you were involved in the felony with your friend that resulted in a death.

Amazing but true.

Last edited by DBERRY7578; 02-04-2006 at 08:51 PM.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:34 PM
dsb
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 slk55
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's nuts! Who woulda thought!
Old 02-04-2006, 11:50 PM

2006 SLK 55
Angry Felony murder rule

Originally Posted by dsb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's nuts! Who woulda thought!
Yes, that is exactly what happened. The guy and his family members apologized and begged for mercy at the sentencing but the judge 'threw the book' at him anyway. He gave him the maximum allowable for the crime. I have to admit I think he deserved what he got. I'm an anesthesiologist. I heard about the accident scene from friends who are ambulance attendants. The racers were going close to 80 miles an hour on a busy street lined with businesses and residents. It was in the late morning when there was a lot of traffic. There were bodies ripped to pieces all over the place. Both drivers had had similar speeding arrests within the previous two years, etc, etc. The driver that hit the van had drugs in his system. He wiped out an entire family just so he could have a few thrills. His trial is coming up next.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:46 AM
dsb
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 slk55
Yeah I don't deny the fact that people must be held accountable for their actions. Obviously, your story is little different than the one I posted. I won't try to argue what makes for a safe time to street race. It's never truly safe and there will always be people at risk. Hopefully, most people have the common sense only to do it when it's not busy. Again, I will not try to justify when it's okay.

That all being said, I still don't agree with the Felony Murder rule. In my first post, both drivers chose to street race. Stupid, but again they both CHOSE to do so. I simply can't accept the fact that someone is going away for a long time that, to me, is not a murderer...

Well, I'll be attending an AutoX tomorrow. It's a helluva lot safer and I sure wont be going to prison any time soon.
Old 02-05-2006, 07:02 AM

SLK 55 AMG
I wish we could have a track in Switzerland.

Racing is outlawed here, so if I wanna autox or something like that, I need to go to France.

Meanwhile, some kids do try to race ya on the streets here, but I always try to respect the speed limitations, especially in the city.

I mean, c'mon, you don't go 80mph in a city! That's just madness :\
Old 02-08-2006, 12:23 AM

2006 SLK55 AMG
the video doesnt work
Old 02-09-2006, 10:33 AM

2005 SLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by nishi
the video doesnt work
Yes, it does. I've watched it twice. First day link was put up, and just this minute to make sure it was still there. It's an MP4 and for me it runs in a QT plugin in IE.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:48 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bloflin
Yes, it does. I've watched it twice. First day link was put up, and just this minute to make sure it was still there. It's an MP4 and for me it runs in a QT plugin in IE.
Can you help me find the link for the MP4 Plugin? Can't seem to view the clip. thx
Old 02-09-2006, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by JamE55
Can you help me find the link for the MP4 Plugin? Can't seem to view the clip. thx
Need to Kleemannize your viewer
Old 02-09-2006, 11:39 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chappy
Need to Kleemannize your viewer
I wouldn't talk if i were you! You don't even have it on your 55! Don't resist the force! Join the darkside!
Old 02-09-2006, 11:41 AM

2005 SLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by JamE55
Do you have QuickTime 7 installed?

If not, get it from Apple website (free).

If so, start it, standalone (i.e. Start, Programs, QuickTime, QuickTime Player)

Then Help, Update Existing Software

After updated (if it needed updating) then check: Edit, Preferences, QuickTime Preferences, then Browser tab, then hit MIME Settings button. Untwist the MPEG selection and make sure there is a check box in the MPEG-4 Media selection.

That's all I can tell you.

Also, you need to be patient when waiting at the site, it gets a lot of traffic at times. You may just see the QuickTime blue Q sitting there for many minutes, just wait.