SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

Brabus Chrome Roll Bar

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brabus Chrome Roll Bar

Hi All. I'm considering adding a Brabus chrome roll bar to my SLK. The Benz dealer is telling me $2200 for the parts + 3 hours labor. Does this sound right?

Also, I know you can buy generic chrome bars for about $900 (performence benz I think). Am I just paying and additional $1300 for the name "Brabus" and should I just go with the cheaper version?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Old 03-10-2006, 03:44 PM

2006 SLK55 AMG/// 2006 Porsche CaymanS 2010 135i
Originally Posted by NateDawg
Hi All. I'm considering adding a Brabus chrome roll bar to my SLK. The Benz dealer is telling me $2200 for the parts + 3 hours labor. Does this sound right?

Also, I know you can buy generic chrome bars for about $900 (performence benz I think). Am I just paying and additional $1300 for the name "Brabus" and should I just go with the cheaper version?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Cheap awful, ugly : http://www.performanceproducts4benz....oll+Bar+Covers

Better:
http://www.performanceproducts4benz....e+Styling+Bars

More:
Brushed and polished, the brushed are kind of interesting??
http://www.formymercedes.com/mb_resu...gory=Roll+bars

$2200.00 seems crazy
Old 03-10-2006, 04:08 PM

2006 Brabus B55 (Brabus Modified SLK55)
I just had this very upgrade done by BRABUS to my SLK55. I absolutely love it.

You have two options. You can go stainless steel (cheaper) or carbon fiber (more expensive). They are called "Roadster Bars" at BRABUS. I got the carbon fiber option, gloss polished. Carbon fiber is stronger and lighter than stainless steel. The part was $1,895 plus $350 installation. They also have the BRABUS "B" symbol on the base. The BRABUS part no. is 171-790-10. Very cool. If you get a lot of work done at BRABUS, they will give you pretty nice discounts. Be sure to negotiate with them - they are pretty flexible.

I think this is one of the nicest upgrades that BRABUS offers. I highly recommend them. They look great with BRABUS wheels - chrome or brushed. I live in Orange County, CA and work about 10 minutes from the BRABUS NA headquarters in Newport. Call over there for the whole story. Talk to Matt or Andreas. Matt has been my salesman and he has been extremely helpful. The whole company has been great. There is no doubt they are expensive, but I think they have great products and an extremely high quality of work. Sometimes, you just get what you pay for. BRABUS instills confidence in me and admiration in others. You can't beat that. To each his own, however. Some people don't like BRABUS. But the main complaint I hear is price.

I am getting the entire B55 treatment on my car along with nearly every BRABUS option they offer. My car will be done next week. I will post pictures then.

Last edited by Beleriand; 03-10-2006 at 04:27 PM.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Beleriand
I just had this very upgrade done by BRABUS to my SLK55. I absolutely love it.

You have two options. You can go stainless steel (cheaper) or carbon fiber (more expensive). They are called "Roadster Bars" at BRABUS. I got the carbon fiber option, gloss polished. The part was $1,895 plus $350 installation. They also have the BRABUS "B" symbol on the base. The BRABUS part no. is 171-790-10. Very cool. If you get a lot of work done at BRABUS, they will give you pretty nice discounts. Be sure to negotiate with them - they are pretty flexible.

I think this is one of the nicest upgrades that BRABUS offers. I highly recommend them. They look great with BRABUS wheels - chrome or brushed. I live in Orange County, CA and work about 10 minutes from the BRABUS NA headquarters in Newport. Call over there for the whole story. Talk to Matt or Andreas. Matt has been my salesman and he has been extremely helpful. The whole company has been great. There is no doubt they are expensive, but I think they have great products and an extremely high quality of work. Sometimes, you just get what you pay for. BRABUS instills confidence in me and admiration in others. You can't beat that. To each his own, however. Some people don't like BRABUS. But the main complaint I hear is price.

I am getting the entire B55 treatment on my car along with nearly every BRABUS option they offer. My car will be done next week. I will post pictures then.
We can't wait to see it!!!
Old 03-10-2006, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Marktini
We can't wait to see it!!!
Thanks! Me too . . . I am having SLK withdrawal without it.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:41 PM

Thanks! Me too . . . I am having SLK withdrawal without it.
NS, I missed mine when it was in for the 1000 mile check...jeez....

What's a Brabus B55, is that the MClass mod??
Old 03-10-2006, 04:45 PM

The B55 is the SLK55 engine performance kit upgrade. It involves new camshafts, valve springs and combustion ratio. It keeps the engine naturally aspirated and adds about 45 hp and torque. Takes the SLK55 to 390 bhp and 400 torque.

I think that the best way to increase hp without a supercharger - e.g., while keeping the engine naturally aspirated - is adding "hot" camshafts. The SLK55 can handle a lot more than this. Kleemann offers well-priced and absolutely monstrous superchargers that can get it up to 580 hp. I think the BRABUS B55 is a nice performance bump without going too crazy. It has an MSRP of nearly $11,000. But BRABUS did it for $6,100 as part of a package deal.

We'll see if it is worth it. I am pretty excited about it.

My other BRABUS upgrades include:

Sport steering wheel with shifting paddles (black leather + alcantara)
Sport gear shift knob (illuminated, stainless steel + black alcantara)
Illuminated door sills (two-piece)
Monoblock S wheels (8.5x19 front, 9.5x19 rear, brushed steel)
Carbon fiber roadster bars
Alcantara door inserts, parking break handle and gear shift boot (black with beige stitching - to match the steering wheel and shift knob)
Brabus badging rear and side

It should be pretty tight when it is all done. I have about 4 days next week of work to be done on it. I went down there today and they had my entire car taken apart - not a pretty sight. Gonna have to drive the wife's C230 until then. How will I survive!!

BTW, Natedawg, what type of law do you practice and where? I am also an attorney. Big firm life right now.

Last edited by Beleriand; 03-10-2006 at 05:09 PM.
Old 03-12-2006, 01:00 PM

The B55 is the SLK55 engine performance kit upgrade. It involves new camshafts, valve springs and combustion ratio. It keeps the engine naturally aspirated and adds about 45 hp and torque. Takes the SLK55 to 390 bhp and 400 torque.

I think that the best way to increase hp without a supercharger - e.g., while keeping the engine naturally aspirated - is adding "hot" camshafts. The SLK55 can handle a lot more than this. Kleemann offers well-priced and absolutely monstrous superchargers that can get it up to 580 hp. I think the BRABUS B55 is a nice performance bump without going too crazy. It has an MSRP of nearly $11,000. But BRABUS did it for $6,100 as part of a package deal.

We'll see if it is worth it. I am pretty excited about it.

My other BRABUS upgrades include:

Sport steering wheel with shifting paddles (black leather + alcantara)
Sport gear shift knob (illuminated, stainless steel + black alcantara)
Illuminated door sills (two-piece)
Monoblock S wheels (8.5x19 front, 9.5x19 rear, brushed steel)
Carbon fiber roadster bars
Alcantara door inserts, parking break handle and gear shift boot (black with beige stitching - to match the steering wheel and shift knob)
Brabus badging rear and side

It should be pretty tight when it is all done. I have about 4 days next week of work to be done on it. I went down there today and they had my entire car taken apart - not a pretty sight. Gonna have to drive the wife's C230 until then. How will I survive!!

BTW, Natedawg, what type of law do you practice and where? I am also an attorney. Big firm life right now.
That makes sense, for some reason I thought they used the "B55" terminology for M class upgrades a few years back?? Anyway the mods sounds awesome!! I can't wait to see the pictures. Not many Brabus upgraded cars around Chicago unless they are transports, Kleemann is a little more common. I'd love to do the supercharger upgrade but the $$ are a litttle much for me, I am considering LSD and the ECU/Header upgrade, just waiting for the Tax refund!
Old 03-13-2006, 02:24 PM

Unhappy

I'm a business transactional lawyer, dealing mostly with tech/internet companies (no court rooms for me). Big firm eh? I used to work at the biggest firm in Seattle (Perkins Coie). Work at small firm in Seattle now.

The legal salary didn't pay for the Benz though. Got lucky with some stock options
Old 03-13-2006, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by NateDawg
I'm a business transactional lawyer, dealing mostly with tech/internet companies (no court rooms for me). Big firm eh? I used to work at the biggest firm in Seattle (Perkins Coie). Work at small firm in Seattle now.

The legal salary didn't pay for the Benz though. Got lucky with some stock options
Cool. I am currently with Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher. I am a litigator through and through. This is my second career. Owned and operated a construction company in Las Vegas during the boom years. Also got lucky with some San Diego real estate. That pays for my toys.

Take care.

Last edited by Beleriand; 03-13-2006 at 02:40 PM.